BLOODY-SCUM-SUCKING-ESSENDON

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stonecold
SS Life Member

Re: BLOODY-SCUM-SUCKING-ESSENDON

derby Street wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 12:13pm
stonecold wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 12:04pm Salary cap problems @ Bummers now, look for some movement!!!!!
They did move Goddard out but reckon they might still have to clear some more space.
Yes, they will still need more room, who do we want?????

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Russman
Club Player

Last year I couldn't work out how they could fit all 3 ( Smith, Stringer and Saad) into their salary cap.
So, how the hell do they fit Shiel in?

Do , or Do not , There is no try.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Saad is not on that much surely.
Stringer is lucky to have a club after his 2016 schenanigans.

Smith would be on plenty.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I love how some people can’t come to terms with the fact that Essendon are a much more appealing prospect than us right now.

Better coach, bigger club, better list, on the verge of finals... why would you want that over a bottom 4 team coached by Richo!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
stonecold
SS Life Member

The_Dud wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 1:16pm I love how some people can’t come to terms with the fact that Essendon are a much more appealing prospect than us right now.

Better coach, bigger club, better list, on the verge of finals... why would you want that over a bottom 4 team coached by Richo!
Go and support them then!!!!!

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 1:16pm I love how some people can’t come to terms with the fact that Essendon are a much more appealing prospect than us right now.

Why would you love that?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
stonecold
SS Life Member

satchmo wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 1:19pm

Why would you love that?
Closet supporter?????

Maybe likes a jab or two?????

derby Street
Club Player

stonecold wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 1:19pm

Stoney - he has been!

stonecold
SS Life Member

derby Street wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 1:25pm
stonecold wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 1:19pm

Stoney - he has been!
:lol:!!!!!

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Oh my, a few sensitive souls on here, I should have posted a trigger warning so you could evacuate to your safe spaces!

News flash, we finished 16th, there are 15 better teams than us, not hard to admit!

And please, of the four reasons I posted, please tell me which we are currently ahead of Essendon in.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
footyhead
Club Player

Beno88 wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 8:15am
footyhead wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 5:42am The Bombers are that dodgy club. They seem to always win even when they get caught. We just have to suck it up and when/if we win it’s been done through hard work. Scumbags.... money talks!
Not sure they always seem to win, they haven't won a final in over 5000 days.
5000 days without a final win that kind of helps the feeling of being trumped. Thanks. What is it for us?

The Bombers are building and to me they look to be getting stronger. I think we just need to go to the draft and get a future gun, there seems to be an element of luck involved with that. So over the next few years the guys picking the talent will need to get most of it right. We also need to get the environment right to nurture the talent we have. If Clark and Coffield keep improving to realise their potential, and Billing’s gets his confidence back we could break out of this malaise. Gresham could be anything. Acres is in the potential improvement category too that can impact the performance. I’m sure there are more I’ve missed.

Ah am I to optimistic?

bigred
Saintsational Legend

If Billings gets his confidence back.

f*** me....

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
footyhead
Club Player

bigred wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 1:54pm If Billings gets his confidence back.

f*** me....
Fair enough Bigred what do you think he needs?

bigred
Saintsational Legend

A pair of big boy pants.

footyhead
Club Player

Haha! Well that’s another way to say it. He has shown what is possible so it has got to be above the shoulders.

David-Lee
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 4:29pm
iwantmeseats wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 3:06pm
takeaway wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 2:41pm Glad we still have pick 4, which is too high for Shiel, who is very good but not elite. We had a red hot go though, and the club deserves credit for that.

Thinking about it, Essendon had the best hand, pick 9 which is closer to Shiel's value, and a list that is probably closest to challenging, even above Hawthorn. Bombers also apparently upped their offer in the latter stages.
Yeha nah well done to the club, well done, bravo! They are doing such a great job.
Can I just ask, what can the club actually do to get a player to come?

Offer big money.
Offer more opportunity.
Offer long contract.
Marquee games at the MCG such as ANZAC Day.
Big crowds every week.
Great development.
Finals.

We simply can't offer the last four. It's beyond the recruiters control.
The second is null, given he's a starting mid anyway.
And we certainly threw everything at the second and third ones.

What more exactly do you expect the club to do? Sometimes you just miss out. It's not always someone's fault or due to incompetence.

The issue is the recruitment for 7 years has failed for the most part, let us say 85%. Change recruiters s as me rubbish.

It's not the recruiters alone the president and the board have to want to win do bad they will RIP every person to shreds who stands in our way. We lost that, Buttress was who he was and he still is as friend but he was a bastard and got us some staff who were starving to win. We recruited for a short spell some real A and B support players. That's gone.

David-Lee
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 4:29pm
iwantmeseats wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 3:06pm
takeaway wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 2:41pm Glad we still have pick 4, which is too high for Shiel, who is very good but not elite. We had a red hot go though, and the club deserves credit for that.

Thinking about it, Essendon had the best hand, pick 9 which is closer to Shiel's value, and a list that is probably closest to challenging, even above Hawthorn. Bombers also apparently upped their offer in the latter stages.
Yeha nah well done to the club, well done, bravo! They are doing such a great job.
Can I just ask, what can the club actually do to get a player to come?

Offer big money.
Offer more opportunity.
Offer long contract.
Marquee games at the MCG such as ANZAC Day.
Big crowds every week.
Great development.
Finals.

We simply can't offer the last four. It's beyond the recruiters control.
The second is null, given he's a starting mid anyway.
And we certainly threw everything at the second and third ones.

What more exactly do you expect the club to do? Sometimes you just miss out. It's not always someone's fault or due to incompetence.

The issue is the recruitment for 7 years has failed for the most part, let us say 85%. Change recruiters s as me rubbish.

It's not the recruiters alone the president and the board have to want to win do bad they will RIP every person to shreds who stands in our way. We lost that, Buttress was who he was and he still is as friend but he was a bastard and got us some staff who were starving to win. We recruited for a short spell some real A and B support players. That's gone.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Respectfully disagree...

What we’re failing to offer is an image/package that suggests that they would be better off with us. That in addition to money, they’ll be treated well, looked after by the club and that they’d be coming to a club that’s on the up.

The image we present at our club atm is players who arrive stagnate, players who leave go on to have success

footyhead
Club Player

footyhead wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 2:25pm Haha! Well that’s another way to say it. He has shown what is possible so it has got to be above the shoulders.
I did forget a huge one Ben Long what is going on there? This has to be a dodgy report! Maybe this is how we get Shiel? I’d even feel we might have lost a bit on that deal. I do like Ben Long he one of the highlights of a bad few years.

Premium89
Club Player

footyhead wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 2:42pm
footyhead wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 2:25pm Haha! Well that’s another way to say it. He has shown what is possible so it has got to be above the shoulders.
I did forget a huge one Ben Long what is going on there? This has to be a dodgy report! Maybe this is how we get Shiel? I’d even feel we might have lost a bit on that deal. I do like Ben Long he one of the highlights of a bad few years.
I hardly think essendon will on-trade shiel to us, even for ben long!!

footyhead
Club Player

Premium89 wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 3:53pm
footyhead wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 2:42pm
I hardly think essendon will on-trade shiel to us, even for ben long!!
I know... I was just having a bit of a laugh. Kind of pointing out it would need to be an exceptional trade for us. I would probably still be a bit peeved though if we lost him.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

footyhead wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 4:12pm
I know... I was just having a bit of a laugh. Kind of pointing out it would need to be an exceptional trade for us. I would probably still be a bit peeved though if we lost him.
just wait still plenty of water under the linton st bridge yet
Long and Billings should get it done

Seeya