Both Kings?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Both Kings?

Hypothetical time...

Anyone Else think we could / should trade in to get either pick 3 or 5 in order to get both Kings?

I'm no ITK by any stretch, but I read somewhere we were going for one of them with pick 4.

To be honest, this surprised me given our midfield is so flimsy.

However if we're getting one of them, why not go balls deep and get both!?

That'd be a great way to rebuild a club. Not just a team - but a club. Assuming they're any good of course!

So hypothetically, how would we get pick 3 from Gold Coast, or pick 5 from Brisbane?

We wouldn't need Bruce or McCartin if we went for them both, so that'd be a start.

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

Re: Both Kings?

There's talk around that GCS will take both Kings with selections 2 & 3. If Walsh is taken no 1 that leaves Lukosius at 4. Much better outcome don't you think?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Mega-tank, I like it… we'd also get the next 4 number 1 draft picks… unfortunately most of our current talent will probably ask for trades on top of the player we lose for pick 5.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Not going to happen. We are desperate for a mid fielder with pace which neither King brother is. In saying that if GCS take both Kings I will be spewing if we don't take Lukosious. I know he is not a mid either but if he is a Roo clone then 12 will look great on his back :D

saintbob
SS Life Member

DJ Higgins wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 11:17am Not going to happen. We are desperate for a mid fielder with pace which neither King brother is. In saying that if GCS take both Kings I will be spewing if we don't take Lukosious. I know he is not a mid either but if he is a Roo clone then 12 will look great on his back :D

Never say never with this club, they're likely to do anything with pick 4.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

We'd probably end up with Don King and Bernard King

Nee!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I don’t know much about this draft, but surely we take the best midfielder we can and not another tall.

Though this is the club that took Paddy at number 1...

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
silverhalo
Club Player

I think we went hell for leather in trying get mids during the trade period because we're looking to recruit Max King - he's been doing his rehab for an ACL at the club and seems to be very highly rated at the club, and rightfully so. Seen him play a couple of Haileybury games and he is the real deal - would love to get both Kings but can't see how we can.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

silverhalo wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 1:09pm I think we went hell for leather in trying get mids during the trade period because we're looking to recruit Max King - he's been doing his rehab for an ACL at the club and seems to be very highly rated at the club, and rightfully so. Seen him play a couple of Haileybury games and he is the real deal - would love to get both Kings but can't see how we can.
All the highlights I have seen of the King leads me to believe that will frustrate the living hell out of me and I am worried about how good they really are. Currently they are a foot taller than the opponents so they win a lot more ball than they will in AFL and make the look so much better than what they really are. Remind you of another one of our high draft picks? And their accuracy or lack there of in front of goal. I just cant do another season of kicking twice as many behinds as goals.
Not saying Max doesn't have skills but Rankin or Smith over him in a heart beat

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Can we PLEASE just draft the best midfielder available at that pick. We need quality mids, badly!

Part of the club’s justification for drafting Paddy was the alleged ratio of quality mids to talls available and how we’ll have plenty of chances to pick up a star mid when ready.

If it’s that simple, why is Jack Steven STILL our best midfielder?

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 1:43pm Can we PLEASE just draft the best midfielder available at that pick. We need quality mids, badly!
No...thats just what they'd be expecting us to do.....

Nee!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 10:55am Mega-tank, I like it… we'd also get the next 4 number 1 draft picks… unfortunately most of our current talent will probably ask for trades on top of the player we lose for pick 5.
Hits Rock Bottom - Welp
Me: Oh well things can't get much worse
Rock Bottom's Older Brother: Is this the guy that hit you???
Me: O.F.F.S.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

If we draft one King the other will likely come later once his first contract is up at whatever club that drafts him - so no need to draft both now

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 4:42pm If we draft one King the other will likely come later once his first contract is up at whatever club that drafts him - so no need to draft both now
FTFY

If we draft one King theY will likely GO later once his first contract is up AS WE WILL NOT DEVELOP HIM OR GIVE HIM A CHANCE AT THE SUCCESS HE CRAVES.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!