Toughen up Sainters...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Toughen up Sainters...

You might have a few employees in an organisation that are high achievers, self motivated, driven and ambitious but if the managing director employs the wrong people to sustain and support the company's existence against its competitors then the chief financial officer will come out one day and suggest that the organisation should be liquidated and the assets sold up.
Those high achievers will go on and continue to find a way to be succesful at some other organisation

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Choppa wrote: Thu 04 Oct 2018 6:30pm At least no players have expressed a desire to leave the Saints yet, unlike other clubs e.g. the suns

Lonie would have gone if he got a decent offer, Hickey has done the medical in Perth and Dunstan may go to Calton. Good news is we could lose all 3 and it would have little impact

ss1986
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 04 Oct 2018 6:06pm Some have the heart for it, some don't.
Good post.
Straight from the snowflake playbook.... passive aggressive, self serving horsesh*t comment, implying that someone is deficient in either brain cells or heart if they disagree.

Whoever you are, you are part of the problem at St.Kilda.

saintadamski
Club Player

ss1986 wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 3:22pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 04 Oct 2018 6:06pm Some have the heart for it, some don't.
Good post.
Straight from the snowflake playbook.... passive aggressive, self serving horsesh*t comment, implying that someone is deficient in either brain cells or heart if they disagree.

Utterly agree

Imagine not being allowed to criticise the horse sh*t that the management of the club has served up over the last 8 years, with poor recruiting, the contract extension of an underperforming inept coach, appointments and continuation of guys like Sexton who have developed nothing but their bank accounts....

and if we do criticise any of this, we are seen as 'not tough' and 'not true Saints people'

OP is utter garbage and close to the type of propaganda you get in totalitarian regimes... but I think more importantly, it is symptomatic of the acceptance of people at top level who are failing in their roles.

We need change.
We aren't stupid Lemmings.
We need to make our voices heard.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 3:22pm
Good post.

Gold!!!

👍👍👍👍

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Nope. You read everything incorrectly.

The first poster was right. Some supporters are just as soft as butter when times are tough. Roll up your sleeves for a change. That was his point I believe.

I'm all for good criticism and analysis (its how you improve), but little of that happens on here. Like the original poster, he's probably just over all the sooking, whinging and personal attack garbage coming from some.

Time to show a bit of heart in good and bad times, but I understand some people are made of different stuff when it comes to adversity.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
ss1986
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 4:14pm Nope. You read everything incorrectly.

The first poster was right. Some supporters are just as soft as butter when times are tough. Roll up your sleeves for a change. That was his point I believe.

I'm all for good criticism and analysis (its how you improve), but little of that happens on here. Like the original poster, he's probably just over all the sooking, whinging and personal attack garbage coming from some.

Time to show a bit of heart in good and bad times, but I understand some people are made of different stuff when it comes to adversity.
Couldn't help yourself.... there it is again.

Probably want to give them all a participation award for the year ay.

You vote Greens for sure.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Yep, I roll with the punches as a Sainter. I never give up on them. But by golly, they frustrate the hell out of me. I think it's okay to vent your spleen a little every once in a while. On the other hand, I agree that some of the negativity on here can be a little soul-destroying. I think we definitely all need to hang in there and not lose our bottle.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Sanctorum
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 4:14pm Nope. You read everything incorrectly.

So true, tedtheodorelogan2018, my point is that it means very little to vent anger at the team or individuals - everyone is certainly entitled to express opinions, but it is best to do so with sound arguments, not invective, which achieves nothing. If someone feels strongly about a specific issue, or individual, express your views on talk-back radio (as I did this afternoon on NAB AFL Trade Radio about the DoC) because that will actually reach a broad audience, and maybe, just maybe, will reach the club.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

ss1986 wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 4:15pm

Couldn't help yourself.... there it is again.

Probably want to give them all a participation award for the year ay.

You vote Greens for sure.
It's the whole hypocrisy of that "you're either with us or against us" attitude.

To be critical of the administration, to call it as they see it or say that you're not on board with the marketing spin and propaganda, makes us against the club and not a true, loyal Sainter.

This is the same poster who was previously complaining that there was too much lefty, hippy, political correctness out there, but is so quick to condemn perfectly warranted criticism and declare those that voice it as disloyal and unworthy of following the club.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Sanctorum wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 5:08pm

So true, tedtheodorelogan2018, my point is that it means very little to vent anger at the team or individuals - everyone is certainly entitled to express opinions, but it is best to do so with sound arguments, not invective, which achieves nothing. If someone feels strongly about a specific issue, or individual, express your views on talk-back radio (as I did this afternoon on NAB AFL Trade Radio about the DoC) because that will actually reach a broad audience, and maybe, just maybe, will reach the club.
Sound arguments? Right!

There are those who, no matter how well a critical point of view is articulated or constructed, the same club apologists just don't want to hear it and will just continue to condemn it as needless negativity and lean back on the "you're either with us or against us" argument.

A very Bush administration argument.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Same Shtick and straw man arguments as Parkeysainter but he’s not Parkeysainter...

Spare me.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

as Bluthy

but he's not the Bluffmeister either

You're spared.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 6:18pm as Bluthy

You're spared.
No offence, but I do not understand your posts.

David-Lee
Club Player

What angers me isn't losing, but I do fancy a a foot stomping, hand clapping, sing along after the game....its the pathetic insipid coaching and recruiting since Lyon that's put us dead last for one percenters.....toughen up? You f@cking toughen up and ring the club and tell them we are tired of heartless, passionless cowards who won't rip heads off in desperation for this club.

I've given till my finances bleed and I am pissed about the last 6 years and I'm not going to take it up the wazoo with a smile like the ol' timers.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 10:32pm
asiu wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 6:18pm as Bluthy

You're spared.
No offence, but I do not understand your posts.
I take it that asiu feels a progression of poster usernames for the same individual as follows

Bluthy
parkeysainter
tedwhateverhisnameis

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

yes

an accurate assessment jb

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

damienc wrote: Thu 04 Oct 2018 6:13pm
Sanctorum wrote: Thu 04 Oct 2018 5:37pm There is no question that St Kilda has had a horrible year and it is not surprising that this has led to many Saints members and supporters becoming despondent about the team's chances in 2019. Thus we see posts on this forum like "We are a laughing stock", and under almost every heading on this forum, contributors bemoan the performances of the coach, senior management and the board. Doom and gloom everywhere you look.

My advice to everyone who gripes and whinges about St Kilda - toughen up! Putting the proverbial boot into team and club individuals serves no useful purpose - the targets of this sort of vitriol and hate most certainly don't read the rubbish on this forum. If you really feel that bad about the Saints, jump ship and chase your dreams with another team.

Being a Saints supporter means developing a tough hide, and to be prepared to roll with the punches, to stay loyal to the club through good times and bad, unconditionally, to celebrate the successes and to accept defeats gracefully, and most of all "to NEVER EVER give up"!!

I encourage every true Saint to take a look at the video of Nick Riewoldt talking about his experiences as a Saints supporter, and to take heart from his message and put the negative thoughts away. Next year will be so much better, and as a supporter/member for 60 years I speak with considerable experience!
Sorry. Being silent and accepting every dumb arsed decision this footy club makes like some Stepford wife doesn't a loyal Saints supporter make. I am a loyal Saints supporter. Have been for more than 50 years and I am still going to call it as I see it. But feel free to take the high moral ground.And nothing personal in my remarks.
Well said. I’m way beyond blindly accepting the garbage the club spews out. I’ll call it,and don’t give a rats what any supporter thinks!!

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 2:11am yes

an accurate assessment jb
But their is no evidence to suggest you are correct :wink:

Not like there is any linguistic similarities or posting patterns that would intimate you are correct.
parkeysainter wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 2:15pm
sauce
sɔːs/Submit
noun
plural noun: sauces
a liquid or semi-liquid substance served with food to add moistness and flavour.
"tomato sauce"
synonyms: relish, dressing, condiment, ketchup, flavouring; More
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 04 Oct 2018 5:27pm
vitriol
ˈvɪtrɪəl/Submit
noun
bitter criticism or malice.
"her mother's sudden gush of fury and vitriol"

Poor form. Personal character attacks is subpar in any matter when not warranted.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

:)

its the vibe thing