Damian Barrett

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

footyhead
Club Player

Damian Barrett

Seems to be stirring the pot regarding Jack Steven. Is he repoeting things out of context or is there something in it? Saints are saying “zero chance” of leaving, Barrett suggesting Jack is “not happy”. Is that he is not happy with how we went this year or not happy with the Saints and wants out! If it’s he wants out that is disapointing if it’s he’s not happy with the year and wants to improve, I say he is not the only one and Damian Barrett needs to be called on dodgy reporting for a headline.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Damian Barrett

From AFL.com

"Meanwhile, Lethlean again vehemently denied Jack Steven would be departing Moorabbin despite continuing rumours about Geelong's interest in the Lorne product.

"Jack is going nowhere," Lethlean said.

"He won the best and fairest this year and he will be playing for us in round one next year."

So get f***ed Barrett you disgusting worm.

J-Boy061979

The same Damian Barrett that repeatedly claims that Sean Dempster had (and still has) a beef with the club for not being selected in Round 1.
Despite him retiring due to concussion issues.
And then taking a development roll with the club.
Must have had a big problem with the club to accept the role.
Barrett is flog. And seemingly has a dislike for the Saints.
I would be taking no notice of what he says in relation to St Klida. Or footy in general to be honest.
"Best newsbreaker in the game"? More like biggest rumour monger that when he spouts enough crap is bound to get one right occasionally.
Wont be this one IMO

beebarry
Club Player

Massive tool and proven saints hater. Don’t take this flog seriously - he’s a speculater that writes headlines on any old rumour. If Jack wants out then so be it I say. Get the best deal we can and move on. Not that I would be happy about it but it’s the world we live in. 🧐

beebarry
Club Player

Massive tool and proven saints hater. Don’t take this flog seriously - he’s a speculater that writes headlines on any old rumour. If Jack wants out then so be it I say. Get the best deal we can and move on. Not that I would be happy about it but it’s the world we live in. 🧐

bozza1980
Club Player

It only officially started today but I am already over the trade period and Barrett is one of the key reasons.

Ignores facts in favour of speculation and opinion then leans on this speculation and opinion to fan fires that don't exist.

Whether Jack Steven wants out of the club or not he isn't going anywhere because he is contracted and the club wont entertain a trade so for Barrett to continue to speculate he might go is ridiculous. Yet at the end of the day the AFL and the media organisations he works for enjoy the constant speculation which means that rather than pilloried for making s$&t up he is actually rewarded.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
wally
Club Player

Years ago he was the sports/afl writer up here in Bris.for the Courier Mail newspaper , reporting on the Lions,
I actually saw a few games & on telly, what he wrote was always controversial/demeaning and I thought a lot of crap.
It was then I worked out he was a tool.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Maybe Jack isn't happy.

Why on earth would the club's word be anymore reliable than his? The club is all about spin-doctoring and painting the perception that all is on-track at Moorabbin.

It's not as if the likes of Lethlean and Richo are going to come out and say that he's unhappy and looking at possibly leaving. They'll deny there is an issue until the moment Jack knocks on their door and asks for a trade.

Anyway, hope it's not true, but at Jack's age and point of his career, it would make perfect sense if he's pondering whether the rest of his football years should be at the Saints, especially given where the list is at.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Is it in Jack's contract that he has to be happy all the time? That could be a difficult loophole to plug. Do we have an entertainments/activities officer on the large corporate staff? Then s/he needs to lift their game over the school holidays. I hope Jack isn't swayed by the fabulously clever Geelong Mad Monday outfits. A guy in a white bridal dress, another in undies - hilarious, where do they come up with these cross dressing ideas, the Sam Newman School for the Outraged?

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Barret is a journalist and works in the media. These sort of people blatantly lie or exaggerate the truth to different levels. I couldn't do it myself, but these are the sort of people you get that work in that industry. They have to basically make s*** up to keep earning a living. Very sad and soul destroying existance IMO.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Lots of hate for Barrett on here but the details of the Steven meeting are coming out and its either from the Saints side or the Steven side....

I think he is on the money here... along with 99% of all the other reports he makes.

Don't hate the messenger. And the Steven noise was worrying before this sliding doors article anyways.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 1:15pm Barret is a journalist and works in the media. These sort of people blatantly lie or exaggerate the truth to different levels. I couldn't do it myself, but these are the sort of people you get that work in that industry. They have to basically make s*** up to keep earning a living. Very sad and soul destroying existance IMO.
+1

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Spinner wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 1:18pm Lots of hate for Barrett on here but the details of the Steven meeting are coming out and its either from the Saints side or the Steven side....

I think he is on the money here... along with 99% of all the other reports he makes.

Don't hate the messenger. And the Steven noise was worrying before this sliding doors article anyways.
His Jacob Townsend to Saints report was totally untrue.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Reported on BF the other day the Trade Radio mic was left on as they went to an ad.....Barrett and Hutchy caught discussing how well they “spun that story” based on how irate callers they attracted

It’s just made up BS to sell papers/media to gullible fans
I’d put Barrett in the Tom Brown bucket for scoop credibility.....which is at the bottom of the cesspit of journalistic faecal matter...

“Yeah….nah””
derby Street
Club Player

Spinner wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 1:18pm Lots of hate for Barrett on here but the details of the Steven meeting are coming out and its either from the Saints side or the Steven side....

Surely you are joking that Barrett is on the money 99% all of the time. You aren't ? :shock: oh dear I feel sorry for you.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Rubbish

“Yeah….nah””
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 1:20pm

His Jacob Townsend to Saints report was totally untrue.

What part was untrue? That the Saints were interested? Don't think he ever reported is was happening.

Name a single event that he communicated that was proven to be completely made up. I look forward to it.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

derby Street wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 2:06pm

Surely you are joking that Barrett is on the money 99% all of the time. You aren't ? :shock: oh dear I feel sorry for you.

Name them.

And don't waste your time feeling sorry for me; I don't feel anything at all for you either way.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 2:11pm

Rubbish

Rubbish? Nice contribution.

Care to inform me how Steven questioning the coach and the club in his exit meeting got out? Surely it wouldn't have come from St Kilda's channels unless we have a employee working against the best interests of the club.

Common sense I would have thought.

Most likely not to leave but keeping the head in the sand thinking there's nothing in it and it's made up is very weird.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

J-Boy061979 wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 11:35am The same Damian Barrett that repeatedly claims that Sean Dempster had (and still has) a beef with the club for not being selected in Round 1.
I would be taking no notice of what he says in relation to St Klida. Or footy in general to be honest.
"Best newsbreaker in the game"? More like biggest rumour monger that when he spouts enough crap is bound to get one right occasionally.
Wont be this one IMO
I never get this XXXX media person or ex coach or ex player hates the saints mentality as often written on this site.

I doubt he'd give a hairy rats ringer either way.

Journos will write what they hear or fabricate a story to fill their space, much like some members of our forum but I would be highly surprised if it is motivated by some intense dislike for our club.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 2:47pm
J-Boy061979 wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 11:35am The same Damian Barrett that repeatedly claims that Sean Dempster had (and still has) a beef with the club for not being selected in Round 1.
Wont be this one IMO
I never get this XXXX media person or ex coach or ex player hates the saints mentality as often written on this site.

I doubt he'd give a hairy rats ringer either way.

Journos will write what they hear or fabricate a story to fill their space, much like some members of our forum but I would be highly surprised if it is motivated by some intense dislike for our club.
I very doubt the fabrication part of it - if things are blatantly not true, then people have means of disputing these legally.

Re. Boy061979 post... I find it amusing. Barrett broke that Dempster was looking at retiring for a number of reasons which came to the front of not being selected for the seniors. If he had been selected for the seniors, all of the other factors would have been pushed through.

You're delusional if you think not being selected had nothing to do with it. Dempster said it wasn't worth the risk for playing seconds. Club and player spun it which is their right to do so.

And clubs are able to have disagreements and still continue with players in other roles. No idea how this proves that selection had nothing to do it with.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Barrett desperately wants to be seen as a heavy hitter, but he just seems like a nervous Nellie trying to get attention any way he can. People like to stick the boots into Caroline Wilson, but she, unlike Barrett, is on the money most of the time. Like her or loathe her, she is the the best at getting real information.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 1:15pm These sort of people blatantly lie… I couldn't do it myself
:D

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

for those that vented their spleens and dumped on Barrett I hope you feel better now
but what you are "conveniently" forgetting is we have had threads on this before
JS had issues and concerns over the future and his future with the club
AR confirmed as much on foxtel 360
SO with blood in the water I have no doubt the sharks are circling linton st - and Barrett is only reporting as much
Lethlean can state JS is contracted and not going anywhere all he likes but honestly the free agency period might be a trigger point.

Seeya
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 5:25pm for those that vented their spleens and dumped on Barrett I hope you feel better now
but what you are "conveniently" forgetting is we have had threads on this before
JS had issues and concerns over the future and his future with the club
AR confirmed as much on foxtel 360
SO with blood in the water I have no doubt the sharks are circling linton st - and Barrett is only reporting as much
Lethlean can state JS is contracted and not going anywhere all he likes but honestly the free agency period might be a trigger point.
Yep, this! I don't like Barrett, Hutchy and their ilk. Sadly these blokes no longer report news for the sake of simply reporting. They try to become part of the news, try to project themselves into and endeavour to be media personalities.

If Jack doesn't want to be there he'll have plenty of suitors and we would get our pounds worth thanks to being contracted. If he stays and moves as a FA, where we sit now plus his four B&Fs and his salary should ensure a very high compo pick.

Only Jack & the Club know for sure. The rest is dressing for Barrett's profile. Barrett, like us on here, thrive on "I heard from a blah blah blah who spoke with a blah blah blah who knows blah blah blah and they say....