Newnes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Newnes

parkeysainter wrote: Tue 28 Aug 2018 9:27am 28th of August. Bash Jack Newnes Day.
29th of August. Bash Mav Weller Day.
30th of August. Repeat the above.
31st of August. Who's next?
Last years B & F winner is in my sights.
Seb played too many games of bruise free footy and the coach let him get away with it

stonecold
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 11:22am
parkeysainter wrote: Tue 28 Aug 2018 9:27am 28th of August. Bash Jack Newnes Day.
Seb played too many games of bruise free footy and the coach let him get away with it
And we care about your opinion because?????

Troll!!!!/

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Geez, aren't you a hero of the highest magnitude. Attacking one of our best players and AA squad nominee from last year. Big hero.

How many times have you had 30 possies in a game of AFL footy?

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
The_President
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 12:24pm
Geez, aren't you a hero of the highest magnitude. Attacking one of our best players and AA squad nominee from last year. Big hero.

How many times have you had 30 possies in a game of AFL footy?

Parky are you a mod? Because you get in more personal debates on here than anyone else.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Seb's contested possession to uncontested possession ratio was extremely comparable to previous years - keeping in mind he played 1 less game (21) this year than 2016 and 2017 (22)

2016 - CP 173 - UP 416
2017 - CP 216 - UP 445
2018 - CP 202 - UP 425 (one less game)

Tackles stats were fairly similar as well

2016 - 96
2017 - 94
2018 - 83 (one less game)

Clearances were down a little from last year 110 to 90 but 2016 he was 88 - but again not a huge difference - around 1 less per game

He had more rebounds this year likely due to his new back half role that he played

So in a nutshell his season wasn't too indifferent from the last two - so either these were bruise free as well or you don't know what you are talking about

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Clarko at one stage used to laugh at people who just used stats purely for comparison without explaining or understanding the full context of how, when and why. If you just plucked pure stats for comparison between last year and this year, yes I agree, but Seb gets the opportunity to play in the middle and there are heaps of contested possessions or loose ball possessions that he gets that possibly most other players in a similar position would also get and they aren't what I'd call a 'hard ball get'.

Give Longy or Gresh or even Acres or JB the opportunity to play in the centre after each goal and see what sort of numbers they'll produce. I bet they'll be similar

I want to see Seb contesting and winning the footy more at stoppages around the ground or loose ball/ground ball gets

He was much better defensively last year and his possessions were more damaging last year. They were more damaging because he was parepared to take the hit and to hang on to the footy for an extra second so that he could find the best option. He was more damaging because he chose to put his body on the line more frequently than he has this year

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 7:10pm Clarko at one stage used to laugh at people who just used stats purely for comparison without explaining or understanding the full context of how, when and why. If you just plucked pure stats for comparison between last year and this year, yes I agree, but Seb gets the opportunity to play in the middle and there are heaps of contested possessions or loose ball possessions that he gets that possibly most other players in a similar position would also get and they aren't what I'd call a 'hard ball get'.

Give Longy or Gresh or even Acres or JB the opportunity to play in the centre after each goal and see what sort of numbers they'll produce. I bet they'll be similar

I want to see Seb contesting and winning the footy more at stoppages around the ground or loose ball/ground ball gets

He was much better defensively last year and his possessions were more damaging last year. They were more damaging because he was parepared to take the hit and to hang on to the footy for an extra second so that he could find the best option. He was more damaging because he chose to put his body on the line more frequently than he has this year
So after 6 seasons of senior football and in the space of 6 months ..... all of sudden ..... Seb got scared and worried that he might get hurt?

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
chico2001
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 7:10pm Clarko at one stage used to laugh at people who just used stats purely for comparison without explaining or understanding the full context of how, when and why. If you just plucked pure stats for comparison between last year and this year, yes I agree, but Seb gets the opportunity to play in the middle and there are heaps of contested possessions or loose ball possessions that he gets that possibly most other players in a similar position would also get and they aren't what I'd call a 'hard ball get'.

Those players have run on the ball without much success and no way can they get the pill like Ross. If it was that easy we would all be doing it.