Lynch mob

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kell
Club Player

Lynch mob

A lot of the posts appearing on this forum at the moment are quite frankly embarrassing. I am referring in particular to those calling for the coach to be sacked and describing players as useless etc...Can I respectfully suggest that those responsible direct their emotionally energy towards more positive efforts? These posts remind me of those rabid ferals directing expletives at umpires from the 3rd tier of the MCG with the expectation their behaviour may tilt the fate and fortunes of the universe.
We are better than that...so lets stop these sort of posts please?

I hazard to guess this Richmond supporter now claims credit for the 2017 Premiership.

or this

As Kylie Mole would say ' "How embarrassment!"

I could wager London to brick that the worst coach at AFL level has more insight and knowledge of the game than the collective intelligence of all those baying for blood and heads on sticks. Lets talk footy and enjoy the ride. You might take comfort in the knowledge that after September we will have the company of 17 other clubs that didn't win a premiership this year.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Re: Lynch mob

Actually I think you mean 16 other clubs.........how embarrassment....

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Hilarious

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
kell
Club Player

Yes, my apologises!..."other" 16 clubs!

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

I think I agree but how do you compare the insight and knowledge of AR with our collective intelligence. Or is it that a zero is more than -5 sort of thing.

kell
Club Player

Difficult to quantify Yorkeys. Notwithstanding, I am simply suggesting that as fellow Saint's supporters we would be better served being civil and polite to our coaches, players and fellow supporters and acknowledge that we are only passengers on the journey.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

kell wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 10:10pm Difficult to quantify Yorkeys. Notwithstanding, I am simply suggesting that as fellow Saint's supporters we would be better served being civil and polite to our coaches, players and fellow supporters and acknowledge that we are only passengers on the journey.
Exactly. People take this gig (following the Saints and AFL) too seriously sometimes. I have never understood morons at the footy that actually fight over the footy and/or lose all sense of humanity in front of other humans (especially women and children).

Just like that Richmond d**khead that burnt his membership in his pizza oven. Get a life...seriously. He probably worries more about the Tigers performance than his own wife and kids or his perfomance at work.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Whiskey
Club Player

Thats great but if they want us to remain their passengers than they ought to shape up. Its no good being positive and complimentary when quite frankly the whole organisation has been rubbish for years now. If you are happy with the mediocrity then you will get more of it

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Yeah Richo is a good bloke therefore we must be more respectful, sit on our hands as supporters and all collectively bend over and take it for the team, year after year.

Great logic from OP, NOT.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Whiskey
Club Player

Spot on sainternist

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 10:16pm
kell wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 10:10pm Difficult to quantify Yorkeys. Notwithstanding, I am simply suggesting that as fellow Saint's supporters we would be better served being civil and polite to our coaches, players and fellow supporters and acknowledge that we are only passengers on the journey.
Exactly. People take this gig (following the Saints and AFL) too seriously sometimes. I have never understood morons at the footy that actually fight over the footy and/or lose all sense of humanity in front of other humans (especially women and children).

Just like that Richmond d**khead that burnt his membership in his pizza oven. Get a life...seriously. He probably worries more about the Tigers performance than his own wife and kids or his perfomance at work.
I never really understood people making judgements about other people making judgements. I guess it’s the province of the morally superior.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 10:21pm Yeah Richo is a good bloke therefore we must be more respectful, sit on our hands as supporters and all collectively bend over and take it for the team, year after year.

Great logic from OP, NOT.
Exactly. The OP is respectfully, a crock of shyte. There’s only so much absolute garbage that can be dished up before my response becomes less than polite.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

How the irrational suddenly become rational.

:roll:

This sounds a bit hollow and hypocritical to me but of course Parkeysainter never argues with anyone when it comes to footy. Never.

Spare us all your patronising, condescending and hypocritical sermon.

:roll:
Last edited by SaintPav on Wed 29 Aug 2018 11:30pm, edited 2 times in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

st.byron wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 11:07pm I never really understood people making judgements about other people making judgements.
I never really understood people making judgements about people that are making judgements about other people making judgements.

:wink:

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 11:07pm

I never really understood people making judgements about other people making judgements. I guess it’s the province of the morally superior.
Not my fault I'm a good person in life. I have high standards for human behaviour.

Anyway, getting to the base ingredient of the pizza, people need to stop pretending the footy is life or death. As I said, some people simply need to get a life.

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Whiskey
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 11:40pm

Not my fault I'm a good person in life. I have high standards for human behaviour.

Anyway, getting to the base ingredient of the pizza, people need to stop pretending the footy is life or death. As I said, some people simply need to get a life.

And yet you seem to post more than most on an internet forum.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Whiskey wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 11:43pm

And yet you seem to post more than most on an internet forum.
I'm barely on here to be honest. Said it before, I don't read 90% of the stuff on here.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Yep. Being a self proclaimed ‘good’ person also bestows me with the comforting certainty that my judgements are superior to others. It just gives me that slightly elevated platform from whence I can look down.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 11:26pm
st.byron wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 11:07pm I never really understood people making judgements about other people making judgements.
I never really understood people making judgements about people that are making judgements about other people making judgements.

Exactly...a never ending merry go round

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 11:51pm

Yep. Being a self proclaimed ‘good’ person also bestows me with the comforting certainty that my judgements are superior to others. It just gives me that slightly elevated platform from whence I can look down.
Well they are most the time, especially on this forum. Really not hard to achieve such a feat.

Anyway, back to the first rodeo and OP. Top 10 post of 2018.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Hahahahaha St.Porky claims he is hardly ever on this forum. He has basically filled the shoes of Plugger66.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

i never really understood people...or other people?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 12:18am

i never really understood people...or other people?
Me too. I’m full of opinions but understand sfa

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

st.byron wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 11:51pm

Agreed. This is boarding on narcissism.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I don't follow footy because I want to be involved in the morality of it all.

Posts like this make me far angrier than any game of footy ever could.

The idea that we should be docile idiots who spend all our money supporting the club - without having a say in return - is just so devastating.

And you know what? We're mostly pretty good people. 99.9% of us do the right thing at the footy and I think 100% of us respect Richo for being good bloke.

However, the fact that he's not the right coach for St Kilda shouldn't stop us from saying as much.

We acknowledge he's a fine person with good morals and ethics. It's also fair to comment that his tenure, for better or worse, has been unsuccessful and that he ought to move on.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.