The coach has lost the players

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Re: The coach has lost the players

Myron Gaines wrote: Sun 19 Aug 2018 9:33pm Richo hasn’t lost the players based on one game where we lost? LOL

If anything it’s concerning that the players have got performances like last night in them but choose when to go. Players aren’t buying in.

Nothing changes after last nights admiral loss coach still has to go. 5 years evidence that he’s statistically the worst coach to ever coach the Saints.
Spot on.

saint4life
ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Coach lost the players after the carltank game last year due to the Murphy incident. No other coach would have made them apologize.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Sat 18 Aug 2018 11:34pm
Gershwin wrote: Sat 18 Aug 2018 11:25pm My ITK is adamant that the players are 100% behind Richo and I think tonight's game showed that.
I don’t think an honourable loss shows that after a dreadful season
It really doesn’t matter if they’re behind him or not anyway after 5 years this game plan style is rot and has to stop
Ah yes, can't believe someone who doesn't follow your "sack em all" initiative, but Jaxons is the one true oracle!!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote: Sun 19 Aug 2018 10:39pm
Gershwin wrote: Sat 18 Aug 2018 11:25pm My ITK is adamant that the players are 100% behind Richo and I think tonight's game showed that.
It really doesn’t matter if they’re behind him or not anyway after 5 years this game plan style is rot and has to stop
Ah yes, can't believe someone who doesn't follow your "sack em all" initiative, but Jaxons is the one true oracle!!
Don’t need an oracle to know we’ve had a Shyte year to tell me players aren’t dying for “Richo” half a brain tells u that..
Yeah Jaxons has been right more than wrong so as far as I’m concerned he has runs on the board and adds to the site. He doesn’t just pot posters either..

“Yeah….nah””
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Sun 19 Aug 2018 10:43pm
Don’t need an oracle to know we’ve had a Shyte year to tell me players aren’t dying for “Richo” half a brain tells u that..
Yeah Jaxons has been right more than wrong so as far as I’m concerned he has runs on the board and adds to the site. He doesn’t just pot posters either..
Isn't it hilarious that the sky is falling brigade go completely berserk if anyone call out Jaxons but are happy to pot Tony74 because he chooses to post positive news from inside the club
This site is just f***ed, I'm out

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Back to the OP...after the Hawthorn game when they were waiting for the medals and trophy etc....Richo was walking around talking to the players.....there was barely a flicker of interest from them and no warmth or humour at all. Just uncomfortable estrangement.....I reckon he has lost their respect....Jaxons mail rings true.

Nee!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote: Sun 19 Aug 2018 10:54pm
Isn't it hilarious that the sky is falling brigade go completely berserk if anyone call out Jaxons but are happy to pot Tony74 because he chooses to post positive news from inside the club
See ya

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote: Sun 19 Aug 2018 11:00pm Back to the OP...after the Hawthorn game when they were waiting for the medals and trophy etc....Richo was walking around talking to the players.....there was barely a flicker of interest from them and no warmth or humour at all. Just uncomfortable estrangement.....I reckon he has lost their respect....Jaxons mail rings true.
Agree I’ve noticed when he’s been on bench too they almost look disinterested....compare that to when Clarkson talks to his??
He’s running a milk bar Alan that’s about as exciting as his chats get I suspect

“Yeah….nah””
The Recruit
Club Player

jaxons wrote: Sat 18 Aug 2018 4:18pm There was an incident a few weeks ago that was bad enough that Richo had to apologise to the entire group.
The players can't stand him.
Just sack the guy, players obviously auditioning for their new coach on saturday

Jaxsons please keep posting, so many idiots on here but many others like your info. Most of the people that visit this site are just readers and not posters. Keep posting and ignore the garbage.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Maybe ppl are just fed up with numpties who feel the need to attack forumites for no reason and unprovoked.

Guys like Tony & Jax just share the insight they have... unfortunately a small and very unpleasant minority here feel the need to put them side by side and start a pissing match... one that neither care for.

Wish more of them would take ur example and leave

Harves Man
Club Player

The Recruit wrote: Sun 19 Aug 2018 11:13pm
jaxons wrote: Sat 18 Aug 2018 4:18pm There was an incident a few weeks ago that was bad enough that Richo had to apologise to the entire group.
The players can't stand him.
Just sack the guy, players obviously auditioning for their new coach on saturday

Jaxsons please keep posting, so many idiots on here but many others like your info. Most of the people that visit this site are just readers and not posters. Keep posting and ignore the garbage.
Jaxons, The Recruit has made a really good point here and an accurate one, IMO. Please keep posting - the majority of us love to read what you have to say (again, IMO).

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Teflon wrote: Sun 19 Aug 2018 11:12pm
fugazi wrote: Sun 19 Aug 2018 11:00pm Back to the OP...after the Hawthorn game when they were waiting for the medals and trophy etc....Richo was walking around talking to the players.....there was barely a flicker of interest from them and no warmth or humour at all. Just uncomfortable estrangement.....I reckon he has lost their respect....Jaxons mail rings true.
Agree I’ve noticed when he’s been on bench too they almost look disinterested....compare that to when Clarkson talks to his??
He’s running a milk bar Alan that’s about as exciting as his chats get I suspect
Live in Perth.
I went to both WA games with binoculars in hand.

Every 10 minutes or so, I would look at the bench with the binos, and notice that Mr Fairy Dust talking to the guys on the bench,
who really couldn't give "a fat rat's clacker" (Blight said that, I think!) and didn't listen to Richo,
it was revealed in their body language.

I showed my nearby buddies- handed the binos to some and they agreed.
"They don't give a stuff about Richo!" was the common comment from the other Sainters.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

SaintPav wrote: Sat 18 Aug 2018 3:42pm Sounds like Brandon White.
Sounds like Tom Lynch... again. :(

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
seano1
Club Player

Now my mum was speaking to lady at work who is distance second cousin twice removed who has a friend who has a friend who is the mum of a stkilda player whose not getting a fair shot at it and wants to be traded and thinks its the coaches fault .....maybe he’s just not good enough ! Haven’t heard of many clubs circling any of our players lately.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Maybe I haven't read enough of Tony74's posts, but as much as Tony74 has certainly tried to put the club's point forward, it's been more of trying to justify the club's plight, like how we should cut the club some slack because they can't appoint as many coaches as the bigger Melbourne clubs. There is a difference between positivity and excuses.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote: Tue 21 Aug 2018 9:49am
Maybe I haven't read enough of Tony74's posts, but as much as Tony74 has certainly tried to put the club's point forward, it's been more of trying to justify the club's plight, like how we should cut the club some slack because they can't appoint as many coaches as the bigger Melbourne clubs. There is a difference between positivity and excuses.
Yep agree. Respect T74 as a Saints man, however has been ‘towing the party line’ in defence of The Milky Bar Kid and coaching staff. Blaming the players. Poor form IMO.

elizabethr
Club Player

Te coach has obviously NOT lost the players!

nothing to say
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

elizabethr wrote: Tue 21 Aug 2018 10:01am Te coach has obviously NOT lost the players!
Based on what? An honourable loss?

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

seano1 wrote: Tue 21 Aug 2018 9:03am Now my mum was speaking to lady at work who is distance second cousin twice removed who has a friend who has a friend who is the mum of a stkilda player whose not getting a fair shot at it and wants to be traded and thinks its the coaches fault .....maybe he’s just not good enough ! Haven’t heard of many clubs circling any of our players lately.
hahaha, laugh, I thought I'd never start.

There wasn't some long drawn out, nebulous connection, I spelled out the very direct link. Not only that , I did not comment on the player's performance, I merely relayed information on the point of view of a parent of one of our young players. No need to be a douche just because you don't like the message.
Last edited by Dis Believer on Tue 21 Aug 2018 12:34pm, edited 2 times in total.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
takeaway
Club Player

elizabethr wrote: Tue 21 Aug 2018 10:01am Te coach has obviously NOT lost the players!

Chris Judd agrees, in an article in the Age today. Makes some good points about how Football clubs work and the approach taken by the Saints, ie Lethlean.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/not ... 4zymr.html

saynta
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Tue 21 Aug 2018 11:13am

Chris Judd agrees, in an article in the Age today. Makes some good points about how Football clubs work and the approach taken by the Saints, ie Lethlean.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/not ... 4zymr.html
Good article.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

I think, if you cared to ask, that the players were highly pissed off and disappointment that they lost a game they should have iced.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote: Sat 18 Aug 2018 4:50pm White should have played a lot more.
He's been injured.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

see ya later BBMD!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SaintWodonga
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote: Tue 21 Aug 2018 4:06pm see ya later BBMD!
Please explain?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM