Rance hit vs Carlisle hit

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rance hit vs Carlisle hit

His name is Michael Christian...Christenson is a Lions player

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

dragit wrote: Wed 30 May 2018 9:33pm
<snip>
Jack Riewoldt is probably like his older cousin nick who got knocked out from bumps that most players would shake off.
I am absolutely staggered no one here has ripped into you for this comment
Roo the older was courageous on field - threw himself with abandon into packs and as far as injuries go "head" concerns didnt affect him till later in his career, and most likely when he started thinking family and retirement.

And for those that bother to listen to players/things other than those of red/white/black

Jack R interviewed on the Fox last week re. the state of game and problems with Forwards getting outnumbered 2-1
Went on the record saying he loved the challenge of going against two or competing in packs
Neither are soft. FULLSTOP

Seeya
dragit
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Thu 31 May 2018 4:13pm
dragit wrote: Wed 30 May 2018 9:33pm
<snip>
Jack Riewoldt is probably like his older cousin nick who got knocked out from bumps that most players would shake off.
I am absolutely staggered no one here has ripped into you for this comment
Roo the older was courageous on field - threw himself with abandon into packs and as far as injuries go "head" concerns didnt affect him till later in his career, and most likely when he started thinking family and retirement.

And for those that bother to listen to players/things other than those of red/white/black

Jack R interviewed on the Fox last week re. the state of game and problems with Forwards getting outnumbered 2-1
Went on the record saying he loved the challenge of going against two or competing in packs
Neither are soft. FULLSTOP
Rip into me if you want, I'm not calling either player soft by any means and what a strange bow to draw?

Concussion doesn't happen to people being "soft", but clearly different people have different propensities to concussion from knocks to the head. I couldn't count the amount of times Nick would come out of a contest looking stunned or dazed, playing on and putting the team above his own welfare.

No-one chooses concussion, it's a physiological reaction, most likely related to certain genes.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I have no issue with Carslile getting two weeks for the hit, I think it is a fair outcome.

The fact that Rance got off is a joke! Incidents are very similar.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote: Thu 31 May 2018 4:35pm Rip into me if you want, I'm not calling either player soft by any means and what a strange bow to draw?
fairly easy conclusion when you say the Riewoldt brothers are concussion prone compared to others

Seeya
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Wed 30 May 2018 10:06pm This could may well happen in a Semi Final whereby a player fakes being knocked out to get the opposition player suspended from the subsequent Grand Final for the fact that their team might have to play the suspended player's team again.
SO what would be the difference since day dot where an opposition gets "star" players in niggles/fights hoping to get a reactive strike?

Seeya
dragit
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Thu 31 May 2018 5:21pm
dragit wrote: Thu 31 May 2018 4:35pm Rip into me if you want, I'm not calling either player soft by any means and what a strange bow to draw?
fairly easy conclusion when you say the Riewoldt brothers are concussion prone compared to others
I guess if you thought that concussion = soft… I don't think Koby Stevens is a "soft" footballer, nor was Nathan Burke. So a long bow to connect those dots IMO.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

cmon Dragit now you are playing games
I never said concussion was s soft injury - you went there
You DID say that the Roo's were more concussion prone to others (genetics) than other more robust players
I think other wise in regards to them

Seeya
dragit
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Thu 31 May 2018 6:09pm cmon Dragit now you are playing games
I never said concussion was s soft injury - you went there
You DID say that the Roo's were more concussion prone to others (genetics) than other more robust players
I think other wise in regards to them
Haha - I'm honestly not playing games at all, I reckon Nick was knocked out or dazed more often from regular head bumps than other players, so Jack probably has a similar disposition.

There is no shame or any relation to hardness in the contest etc, but there is clearly a different level of force required between different players in order to create a concussion injury, surely that is a given? Some players tear an ACL or hamstrings more easily, others get knocked out at different levels of force.

Instead of punishing based on a potentially dangerous act, we are punishing players based on who it actually is they are making a contest with… seems counter-intuitive if we are serious about preventing head injuries.

We have no idea what the actual force difference (N) was between the Rance & Carlisle incidents which look close to identical… it's just 2 weeks or zero weeks, depending on who is involved in the contest.

stonecold
SS Life Member

dragit wrote: Thu 31 May 2018 5:34pm
I guess if you thought that concussion = soft… I don't think Koby Stevens is a "soft" footballer, nor was Nathan Burke. So a long bow to connect those dots IMO.
Soft=T.Hickey!!!!! ;)

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Stupid= ___________

elizabethr
Club Player

nothing to say
elizabethr
Club Player

elizabethr wrote: Sat 02 Jun 2018 2:21am
Since when were they brothers?

nothing to say
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

elizabethr wrote: Sat 02 Jun 2018 2:51am
elizabethr wrote: Sat 02 Jun 2018 2:21am
Since when were they brothers?
Brother from another mother...
Sorry yes - but we were talking genetic disposition

Seeya