A win

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

noddy04
Club Player

Re: A win

The wife and I flew over Sat arvo ( my wife is recovering from a heart attack plus she has secondary breast cancer). We sat on level1 under the Moorabbin wing people and thouroghly enjoyed their singing and chanting as well as the CS giving it there all and came away very happy that we won. In fact the last 8 times we have been to Melb to watch the saints we have had 7 wins and a draw with Geelong. So to all you whinging supporters be thankful for small mercies. We went to the victory room after and listened to Jack Lonie and Tim Membrey as well as B Eva. Had a great time . Met up with Joe Dooley as well :)

Go SAINTS

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Sorry to hear about your wife noddy, glad you've had some luck watching us play… the football isn't that important in the scheme of things is it? Wishing her all the best fighting the cancer mate.

suss
Club Player

noddy04 wrote:The wife and I flew over Sat arvo ( my wife is recovering from a heart attack plus she has secondary breast cancer). We sat on level1 under the Moorabbin wing people and thouroghly enjoyed their singing and chanting as well as the CS giving it there all and came away very happy that we won. In fact the last 8 times we have been to Melb to watch the saints we have had 7 wins and a draw with Geelong. So to all you whinging supporters be thankful for small mercies. We went to the victory room after and listened to Jack Lonie and Tim Membrey as well as B Eva. Had a great time . Met up with Joe Dooley as well :)

Go SAINTS
Glad the boys saluted for you and your wife. Hope she has the speediest recovery.

Playon
Club Player

noddy04 wrote:The wife and I flew over Sat arvo ( my wife is recovering from a heart attack plus she has secondary breast cancer). We sat on level1 under the Moorabbin wing people and thouroghly enjoyed their singing and chanting as well as the CS giving it there all and came away very happy that we won. In fact the last 8 times we have been to Melb to watch the saints we have had 7 wins and a draw with Geelong. So to all you whinging supporters be thankful for small mercies. We went to the victory room after and listened to Jack Lonie and Tim Membrey as well as B Eva. Had a great time . Met up with Joe Dooley as well :)

Go SAINTS
I can only wish you and your wife all the best. I know how hard it can be when a family member loses their health. Here's hoping you wife recovers quickly and gets over it. All the very very best for you both

noddy04
Club Player

Thank you all :D

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Go SAINTS
Puts things in perspective...
It's only a game, after all.

Hope Mrs Noddy regains her health soon.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
noddy04
Club Player

Thanks Wellardsaint....thats what i was trying to say...its only a game but s*** it helps my wifes spirits when we win :D

stonecold
SS Life Member

noddy04 wrote:Thanks Wellardsaint....thats what i was trying to say...its only a game but s*** it helps my wifes spirits when we win :D
Too True, well said!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

I'm sorry I missed you Noddy. At one stage I looked up & saw Dools & was going to say hi but was in the middle of a conversation with someone else & then the players started their interviews. I hope Jenny is recovering well. xx

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Best of luck to your wifey noddy.

I reckon you two should just move to Melbourne and we'd win the flag.

Best option for her health and ours.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Good for you and your wife noddy!

ctqs
Club Player

saynta wrote:
tony74 wrote:
saintbrat wrote:it's just a game- But I love it
and a Win is to be savoured--- I still remember the years of very few

But given we could be coping with differant situations if someone somewhere else in the world pushes the wrong button or misfires

I will just enjoy each win
A gem.
Yep. A happy supporter telling it like it is, that's our bratty, god bless her

The missus said before that she thought the saintsational forumites would be happy tonight.

'Fraid not I replied. Just their normal miserable critical selves.

She sounded surprised. I kid you not.
I've said for years that I honestly believe there are some St Kilda supporters out there who'd actually be a little disappointed if we won the flag because they wouldn't be able to play the martyr anymore. There's no point peaking in April. It's actually a good thing that we can have an average performance and still win. We get the points and the lesson.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
spert
Saintsational Legend

We long suffering Saints will take every win thanks! As far as peaking in April or too early whatever- if we miss the finals by a couple of games, then we can blame the two losses in April. Every game is important and is there to be won if a team wants to play finals. We need to hit the ground running from day one of the season.

ctqs
Club Player

We did that in 2009 and still missed out.

And as for those who are bemoaning the fact Roo is still our best player, he'd still be in the best player at almost every club in the competition so I don't know why it's such a bad thing for us.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Wow...Just wow!

If anyone still thinks that teams can just walk up and win, then you're not paying attention.
This season has seen some major upsets in every round.
Gold Coast, Fremantle, Collingwood, and Carlton in this week alone.
Port and Brisbane in round 1.
If any team is off their game by a small margin, then look out. Even during a game, momentum can turn and is hard to regain.
Brisbane got a run on in round 1 and hung on for a win, they did again in round two against Essendon, and again this week. We should have expected that...especially with our two best midfielders out of the team.
The Lions have Zorko, Beams, and Rockliff. Three players that are walk-up starts at every other team.

The Saints went to sleep for a quarter from about five minutes before half time to the 20 min mark of the third. Straight kicking would not have seen Brisbane hit the lead at any point and would have seen us win by 13 or 14 goals.

The Barometer
Club Player

A win is a win. We didn't play well and we won. No Stevens, no Armo, returning from Perth. I'll take one in the bank thanks.

longtimesaint
Club Player

ctqs wrote:We did that in 2009 and still missed out.

And as for those who are bemoaning the fact Roo is still our best player, he'd still be in the best player at almost every club in the competition so I don't know why it's such a bad thing for us.
We just need to find some undetectable youth drug to keep him playing for another ten years.
Cloning him would be another good move!

One year will be our year
Milne
Club Player

Last year we had a good win against Collingwood. Think we'll do the same this year and get our season back on track.

The mood should hopefully be a bit lighter around here after another win.

longtimesaint
Club Player

Milne wrote:Last year we had a good win against Collingwood. Think we'll do the same this year and get our season back on track.

The mood should hopefully be a bit lighter around here after another win.
Pity this couldn't have been a home game. The AFL could have given us a home game where we could make a profit, instead of the interstate games where we lose money.
Still waiting for the "better Etihad deal".

One year will be our year
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

The Barometer wrote:A win is a win. We didn't play well and we won. No Stevens, no Armo, returning from Perth. I'll take one in the bank thanks.
You speak the truth, brother.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
To the top
SS Life Member

Why exactly is St Kilda v Collingwood at Docklands a Collingwood home game?

Says it all really, doesn't it?

The AFL have Clubs they want or need to succeed, others with the likes of Maguire and Kennett and Costa and their perceived political clout at the Board table and in the media and then the rest, who can go play "Dixie".

Corrupt, from the head down.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Why exactly is St Kilda v Collingwood at Docklands a Collingwood home game?

The AFL have Clubs they want or need to succeed, others with the likes of Maguire and Kennett and Costa and their perceived political clout at the Board table and in the media and then the rest, who can go play "Dixie".

Pies fans are like Dees fans -don't now how to get to the other side of the city

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

To the top wrote:Why exactly is St Kilda v Collingwood at Docklands a Collingwood home game?

Same reason they get the Anzac Day game each year, and we get sunday night games and little TV coverage unless you can afford Foxtel (or get onto live stre4ming)

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:

Same reason they get the Anzac Day game each year, and we get sunday night games and little TV coverage unless you can afford Foxtel (or get onto live stre4ming)
dont we play better at the Dome ?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
The Barometer wrote:A win is a win. We didn't play well and we won. No Stevens, no Armo, returning from Perth. I'll take one in the bank thanks.
You speak the truth, brother.
a lame win against a poor side is a win..but also a fair indication of a hard season ahead....if a win like that rocks your boat good luck to you.