AFL Corruption Gave GWS Delidio

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

AFL Corruption Gave GWS Delidio

The AFL has a rule that clubs can only trade the away their own first round pick OR any number of their own later round picks from the following year.
They can not trade away their own future first and own future third round picks or their own future second round pick after having traded out their own future first round pick.
"If a club trades a future first-round selection, it may not trade any other future selections from the same draft. However if a club retains its future first-round selection, it can trade multiple future selections from other rounds."

But this is what the AFL allowed GWS to do.
First at trade 33 they allowed GWS to trade away their own 2017 first and 2017 third round picks - this was the Delidio deal with Richmond.
Then at trade 34 they allowed GWS to trade away their own 2017 second round pick after already trading out their own 2017 first round pick - this was part of the Marchbank deal with Carlton.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_AFL_draft

Did I mention that the AFL IS CORRUPT
Last edited by ace on Sat 26 Nov 2016 3:41am, edited 4 times in total.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

The AFL has a rule that clubs can only trade the away their own first round pick OR any number of their own later round picks from the following year.
They can not trade away their own future first and own future second round picks.
"If a club trades a future first-round selection, it may not trade any other future selections from the same draft. However if a club retains its future first-round selection, it can trade multiple future selections from other rounds."

But this is what the AFL allowed Hawthorn to do.
First at trade 7 Hawthorn traded away their own 2017 first round pick to St Kilda.
Then at trade 37 they allowed Hawthorn to trade away their own 2017 second round pick after already trading out their own 2017 first round pick - this was part of the O'Meara deal with Gold Coast.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Re: AFL Corruption Gave GWS Delidio

It's corruption from a conflict of interest..

...The Governing body should be independant, but the AFL is effectively the 'owner' of the expansion teams....naturally they have a commercial motivation to ensure these teams are successfull...corrupt..or just a conflict of interest...the traditional Victorian Clubs should try to form an truly independant governing body....perhaps they can also channel some cash into a development fund to help develop the sport....but an Independant Governing body will be essential to maintain integrity in our sport.

There are too many examples where the AFL's conflict of interest have comprimised it's integrity.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The apple rots at the core, and that my friends is Mike Fitzhimself.

He MUST go ASAP.

Until that happens the AFL will be rotten, regardless of whom is the CEO of the day.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
The_Merchant
Club Player

ace wrote:The AFL has a rule that clubs can only trade the away their own first round pick OR any number of their own later round picks from the following year.
They can not trade away their own future first and own future third round picks or their own future second round pick after having traded out their own future first round pick.

First at trade 33 they allowed GWS to trade away their own 2017 first and 2017 third round picks - this was the Delidio deal with Richmond.
Then at trade 34 they allowed GWS to trade away their own 2017 second round pick after already trading out their own 2017 first round pick - this was part of the Marchbank deal with Carlton.

Don't want to ruin a good story, but, correct me if I am wrong, GWS traded Geelongs 2017 first round pick for Delidio, not their own.

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but this corruption thing is old news.

We're talking about a competition that cracked down on violence and then cleared Barry Hall to play in the grand final after he punched a player unprovoked in the gut and felled him.

And the reason was... because they considered 30m off the ball in play and all of a sudden, his history didn't mean anything

It makes me laugh that ppl respect Sydney's coach and management for rebuilding w/o bottoming out. They get every advantage handed to them on a platter and nobody wants to talk about it

ace
Saintsational Legend

The_Merchant wrote:
ace wrote:The AFL has a rule that clubs can only trade the away their own first round pick OR any number of their own later round picks from the following year.

Don't want to ruin a good story, but, correct me if I am wrong, GWS traded Geelongs 2017 first round pick for Delidio, not their own.
I am going by the the article at Wikipedia.
The article clearly shows both GWS and Hawthorn trading out their 2017 first and second picks.
I think that must be managed by the AFL because they had all the data from this year's draft included in less than 10 minutes of the end of the draft.
It shows which clubs the 2017 draft picks are attached to.
If that article is wrong then I am wrong. If it is right then I am right.

The_Merchant
Club Player

ace wrote:
The_Merchant wrote:

I am going by the the article at Wikipedia.
The article clearly shows both GWS and Hawthorn trading out their 2017 first and second picks.
I think that must be managed by the AFL because they had all the data from this year's draft included in less than 10 minutes of the end of the draft.
It shows which clubs the 2017 draft picks are attached to.
If that article is wrong then I am wrong. If it is right then I am right.
Yeah, Wikipedia has it wrong.
From the AFL website:
Greater Western Sydney receives Brett Deledio
From Richmond

Richmond receives a future 2017 first-round selection (tied to Geelong) and a future 2017 third-round selection
From Greater Western Sydney

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

There will be a Royal Commission into the running of professional Sport/s in this country within 5 years - you mark my word. The flow in will be a government starutory body with immense powers to regulate them!