Jaxons come on down

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

older saint
SS Life Member

Re: Jaxons come on down

Perhaps the Steele deal will involve some transfer of picks providing GWS points or future pick as they don't want new players due to needing to reduce salary cap.

Perhaps something like Stkilda 2nd in 2017 and 3rd round 2016 for Steele and GWS pick 30.

Provides another pick in top 30 so would be 2 and then may argue that steele is worth a top 30 pick - presto 3 picks inside 30(31 actually)?

just a thought

Playon
Club Player

But then you're forgetting about Stevens, some rate him as high as mid 20's. Hopefully he's a 3rd rounder at best,
So that could leave you with this years 10 and and 4th to convert to 3 inside 30

older saint
SS Life Member

Playon wrote:But then you're forgetting about Stevens, some rate him as high as mid 20's. Hopefully he's a 3rd rounder at best,
So that could leave you with this years 10 and and 4th to convert to 3 inside 30
Stevens is out of contract and is not being offered one from the dogs. I would expect a 4th round pick if they want it or even delisted free agent if Dogs don't want the pick and prefer cap space or upgrading a rookie?

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:Moorabbin Ghost

I'll follow stavro#4 lead and second everything he said. There's some really good people in here but the minority have wrecked it unfortunately. Some say if we put information out there that doesn't come true we deserve a whack, and that's fair enough. The issue is when campaigners get arrogant or nasty like a couple did a week or so back. I don't deserve to put up with that crap. If you don't believe me or don't like me that's fine, just ignore what I have to say.

Things getting very interesting for Saints now, the O'Meara deal holding up our Steele deal. We will go one of two very different ways here...
A well loved player is a chance to go...
Don't get too attached to Pick 10.
We will come out of this trade period very, very nicel

More for the puzzle
Hmmm very interesting

Could it be that we might get involved with the GC / Hawks O'Meara stand off and that a mega 4 club (GC GWS Hawks and us) trade deal is brewing?

Could that well loved player be Armo and that he might be headed to GC and that 10 is involved as well and we get Steele and some kick arse picks coming back

Armo and 10 out - Steele and a low top 10 pick or 2 top 20 picks?

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Playon
Club Player

older saint wrote:
Playon wrote:But then you're forgetting about Stevens, some rate him as high as mid 20's. Hopefully he's a 3rd rounder at best,
Stevens is out of contract and is not being offered one from the dogs. I would expect a 4th round pick if they want it or even delisted free agent if Dogs don't want the pick and prefer cap space or upgrading a rookie?
Cant confirm but heard he was offered a contract which would rule him out

Myron Gaines
Club Player

Stevens should be an easy transaction. Dogs get Cloke, we get Stevens, Pies get pick 68.

Rosco
Club Player

Koby in covers Armo out somewhat...

Playon
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:
Hmmm very interesting

Could it be that we might get involved with the GC / Hawks O'Meara stand off and that a mega 4 club (GC GWS Hawks and us) trade deal is brewing?

Could that well loved player be Armo and that he might be headed to GC and that 10 is involved as well and we get Steele and some kick arse picks coming back

Yep sounds like were flashing our 10 card in front of the Hawks faces :) But I have no idea what can be done there

older saint
SS Life Member

interesting with where we sit as a club.
Armo has been thrown up to GC for a top 10 pick.
As a team which finished 9th and is looking to build the mid field for a run in the next few years can we afford t close arms for a player who may be a gun in 4 years time, but may not be? Especially it appears with our salary cap bonus we have accrued that in 2017 we will be playing in the free agent market with Fyfe, Martin, Henney and others potentially available.
Many men smarter than me making these decisions but concerned giving up a key mid at this point in clubs push forward.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

older saint wrote:interesting with where we sit as a club.
As a team which finished 9th and is looking to build the mid field for a run in the next few years can we afford t close arms for a player who may be a gun in 4 years time, but may not be? Especially it appears with our salary cap bonus we have accrued that in 2017 we will be playing in the free agent market with Fyfe, Martin, Henney and others potentially available.
Many men smarter than me making these decisions but concerned giving up a key mid at this point in clubs push forward.
Armo for a top 10 pick? Where'd you hear that?

ace
Saintsational Legend

Myron Gaines wrote:Stevens should be an easy transaction. Dogs get Cloke, we get Stevens, Pies get pick 68.
The dogs know Collingwood has to delist Cloke unless he is traded.
That means his value as a trade is zero.
The dogs will offer Collingwood a peppercorn pick, otherwise the dogs collect him at the pre-season draft.
Eddie will throw a tantrum claiming the Bulldogs are being unreasonable to which the whole football world will shout "Luke Ball".

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
The_President
Club Player

Something very big is around the corner. Jaxons and Tony very, very quiet. Strap yourselves in.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
Hmmm very interesting

Yep sounds like were flashing our 10 card in front of the Hawks faces :) But I have no idea what can be done there
Hawthorn have only flashed pick 14 in front of Sydney for Mitchell Mk2.
Sydney have agreed in principle BUT
Pick 10 is more juicy.
Keep flashing that in front of Sydney.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
st.rick
Club Player

Myron Gaines wrote:

On here I think!
Same people keep throwing Armo's name up as trade bait.
I wouldn't havea clue myself, but would be very very suprised if he has been offered up to anyone.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

tony74 wrote:
saynta wrote:
fugazi wrote:With all these mids we have and adding Steele and Stevens... it makes me wonder f we have already come to an agreement with Fyfe that he'll come across as a FA next trade period and we basically are treating 2017 as an audition for who joins him in the midfield from 2018 to 2020

You may well be onto somthing there.
:D
The concern though is that a LOT can happen in 12 hours let alone 12 months.

Last year there were fans saying Hurley is better than Carlisle so we were being foolish for trading for Jake when Hurls could be had for nothing as a free agent the following year.

Same happened with Weller last year who promptly signed a contract extension after a few ppl said all good we will be trading him when ooc this year.

I'd love to dream for Fyfe, but its a ridiculously long way away for us to even consider.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
older saint
SS Life Member

meant to read by GC not to . Don't believe StKilda made offer .
like much stuff on here , heard from someone.....

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

st.rick wrote:
Myron Gaines wrote:

On here I think!
Same people keep throwing Armo's name up as trade bait.
I wouldn't havea clue myself, but would be very very suprised if he has been offered up to anyone.
Moorabbin Ghost a respected ITK on Bigfooty said that " a well loved player is a chance to go"

We are now just speculating that the player could be Armo as he also said the Steele trade is being held up by the O'Meara trade which of course involves Gold Coast which Armo has been linked to

We are all just guessing at the moment - interesting update either way

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:iEspecially it appears with our salary cap bonus we have accrued that in 2017 we will be playing in the free agent market with Fyfe, Martin, Henney and others potentially available.

Heeney cannot be a FA in 2017 though.

Swans would not delist either without offeringa contract and so will not bea DFA either.

Only way to get him would be to trade, and so there is no leverage. So much better to target a star FA.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Thu 13 Oct 2016 8:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Myron Gaines
Club Player

The Steele trade has nothing to do with the omeara trade. Steele for 2017 2nd round pick is close to being agreed to.

The_President
Club Player

Something very big is around the corner. Jaxons and Tony very, very quiet. Strap yourselves in.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

The_President wrote:Something very big is around the corner. Jaxons and Tony very, very quiet. Strap yourselves in.
Or no news to share?

Looks likely to be:

Steele for next years 2nd round
Stevens for this years 3rd or 4th round or DFA or pre-season

10 would only be used if could either
- split into two picks - a mid teen and a 20s (unlikely now)
- or Tom Mitchell (could involve a running half back being thrown in as Sydney need those to trump Hawks)

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
chook23
Saintsational Legend

The_President wrote:Something very big is around the corner. Jaxons and Tony very, very quiet. Strap yourselves in.
You guessing there maybe.

saint4life
st.rick
Club Player

Eli , shents and Bull for essendons first pick

:) I better wake up now.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Myron Gaines wrote:The Steele trade has nothing to do with the omeara trade. Steele for 2017 2nd round pick is close to being agreed to.
Interesting then that MG said that the O'Meara deal holding up our Steele deal - why would it if we are dealing straight with GWS? Unless GWS is involved with the O'Meara deal?

Myron Gaines
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:
Myron Gaines wrote:The Steele trade has nothing to do with the omeara trade. Steele for 2017 2nd round pick is close to being agreed to.
Interesting then that MG said that the O'Meara deal holding up our Steele deal - why would it if we are dealing straight with GWS? Unless GWS is involved with the O'Meara deal?
I'd say he got that call wrong.