New To AFL & St Kilda

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Shadow750

New To AFL & St Kilda

Hi.

I'm from Sydney, never followed the AFL but got hooked the past two games. Loved it in fact.

So I decided to finally follow an AFL club...which one ??? Well in Sydney I have been a Sydney Roosters supporter for the past 40 years.

In Melbourne, a city I love more than Sydney, I decided on Saints because I love Brighton, Elsternwick (Aviv Bakery especially), St Kilda and that general area. Stayed there many times on my trips to Melb, loved it and always felt safe even in St Kilda...unlike our Kings X.

So I've been reading about Saints and am a bit confused, they are still the bayside team ? Also there seems to be talk of them moving south to Frankston ? Are they relocating or will they always remain a Melb city team ?

BTW i dont know the rivalries in AFL but was really happy to see the bulldogs get up and get the flag (Red White & Blue just like my beloved Roosters).

Cheers from a new supporter........ :D

felix
Club Player

Re: New To AFL & St Kilda

Mate pick another team whilst you can otherwise your on a one way ticket to misery. Pick GWS or Collingwood or anybody but the saints. Do it now for your own wellbeing.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Welcome to the Saint!

Shadow750 wrote:Hi.

So I've been reading about Saints and am a bit confused, they are still the bayside team ? Also there seems to be talk of them moving south to Frankston ? Are they relocating or will they always remain a Melb city team ?
Our Training base has been at Seaford for several years. However the club is now moving back to Moorabbin but the Moorabbin has to have an all new training facility built to add to the excellent football oval that is there.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
CarlD
Club Player

Following the Saints builds character Shadow - stick with them and enjoy the ride.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Aviv is great for their bagels IMO. Wifey loves their vanilla slices.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Shadow750

felix wrote:Mate pick another team whilst you can otherwise your on a one way ticket to misery. Pick GWS or Collingwood or anybody but the saints. Do it now for your own wellbeing.
Man, had to laugh at your reply I guess you're a long suffering Saints supporter ? Well I'm a newbie so dont have the history.

Cant support an area I dont relate to or like.....went close to Hawthorn, but their poxy colours made me run. Nah its Saints, dont really give a toss about premierships as long as the side has a go.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Shadow750 wrote:
felix wrote:Mate pick another team whilst you can otherwise your on a one way ticket to misery. Pick GWS or Collingwood or anybody but the saints. Do it now for your own wellbeing.
Man, had to laugh at your reply I guess you're a long suffering Saints supporter ? Well I'm a newbie so dont have the history.

Cant support an area I dont relate to or like.....went close to Hawthorn, but their poxy colours made me run. Nah its Saints, dont really give a toss about premierships as long as the side has a go.

Yes the Saints are the "bayside team" and under our new CEO this is being strentgthened.

You are actually joining the Saints at a great time as we have spent the last several seasons rebuilding the team with a lot of young talent, which is now set to bloom. As witnessed by our good second half of the season form.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

:D the first thing I thought too....however if you're a gluttin for punishment...welcome aboard!

Nee!
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:
:D the first thing I thought too....however if you're a glutton for punishment...welcome aboard!

Nee!
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Shadow750 wrote:Hi.

I'm from Sydney, never followed the AFL but got hooked the past two games. Loved it in fact.

So I decided to finally follow an AFL club...which one ??? Well in Sydney I have been a Sydney Roosters supporter for the past 40 years.

In Melbourne, a city I love more than Sydney, I decided on Saints because I love Brighton, Elsternwick (Aviv Bakery especially), St Kilda and that general area. Stayed there many times on my trips to Melb, loved it and always felt safe even in St Kilda...unlike our Kings X.

BTW i dont know the rivalries in AFL but was really happy to see the bulldogs get up and get the flag (Red White & Blue just like my beloved Roosters).

Cheers from a new supporter........ :D

Welcome to the Saints family my friend!

asiu
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:
fugazi wrote:
:D the first thing I thought too....however if you're a glutton for punishment...welcome aboard!
Yea ... me 2
... he's a crazy man!!
i thought to myself

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

The team St Kilda is just like the suburb !
There's always something happening ; i.e. Style , sophistication , elegance , charm , benevolence , friendliness , music , drama , mischief , skullduggery , rape and murder !

So we're never boring !
We may not have had too much success in 144 years of history , but you know what ?
WE"RE STILL HERE !
So if you want to join the saints then welcome !
but remember what Mr Mercury once sung .
" Pain is so close to pleasure ! "

In red white and black from 73
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Like all saints fans, Shadow 750, you're no doubt a person of great courage and loyalty. Insane as well. Welcome to the asylum, my friend. Good to have you on board!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Always good to have a new supporter on board. Welcome to the mighty Saints, Shadow750!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Playon
Club Player

Shadow750 wrote:

Whats wrong with p*ss and Sh*t? We all do it? :)

Shadow750

My rugby league team, the Sydney Roosters are also known as the latte sippers, hope Saints are the same.

Thanks to all for the welcome, I'm going to be checking out Saints vids, but really happy with my choice in the sport I ignored for so long. Still getting my head around some of the rules, but should be sweet.

Shadow750

saintspremiers wrote:Aviv is great for their bagels IMO. Wifey loves their vanilla slices.
Absolutely, love the vanilla slices and the custard donuts, always make my way there on my trips south.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
barwon saint
Club Player

Welcome abroad Pal you will have a wild ride but never boring !

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Good choice Shadow. When we win it the celebrations will be epic. Welcome.

barneyboyz
Club Player

Shadow750 wrote:

Everyone here would have had a chuckle at that with that 'knowing' feeling, and somewhere down the track it will hit you like a bus!. You won't be able to do anything about this of course, and most likely you'll be a blubbering mess, but you'll know...

Most Sainters are justifiably a little envious of the Doggies atm, I am, however to be a Sainter is one of the most passionate and emotional things in life and will provide you with highs at both ends of the extreme.

One day it will hit you, and you'll know

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink: