Film crew at moorabbin .

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Film crew at moorabbin .

Driving past the old ground today I saw something being filmed .
Does anyone know what they are up to ?

In red white and black from 73
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Film crew at moorabbin .

Probably to rub it in that not only are we stranded on one flag we haven't even started the rebuild of our facilities yet.

The Dogs have two big things up on us now

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Probably to rub it in that not only are we stranded on one flag we haven't even started the rebuild of our facilities yet.

Three, as they are starting to play some Home Games at Ballarat from 2017 with Ballarat being when I grew up a bit of a Saints stronghold and a source of quite a few players for us including Lockett and Frawley. They are havinga bif do in Ballart today to celebrate both that and the Premiership.

When I was a kid outside of Melbourne if one thought of Saints, one thought of Tassie (Baldock, Howell, Lawrence etc etc) and Ballarat. Tassie is now the Hawks and Ballarat is about to be the Doggies new kennel. Very sad really.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Probably to rub it in that not only are we stranded on one flag we haven't even started the rebuild of our facilities yet.

And a VFL team that have won two flags in three years.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:

Three, as they are starting to play some Home Games at Ballarat from 2017 with Ballarat being when I grew up a bit of a Saints stronghold and a source of quite a few players for us including Lockett and Frawley. They are havinga bif do in Ballart today to celebrate both that and the Premiership.

When I was a kid outside of Melbourne if one thought of Saints, one thought of Tassie (Baldock, Howell, Lawrence etc etc) and Ballarat. Tassie is now the Hawks and Ballarat is about to be the Doggies new kennel. Very sad really.
Saints have some catching up to do, but there's an opportunity to target the south east corrider in the sprawling suburbs of Melbourne and the Mornington peninsula (as was discussed in a few theads in 2014 and 2015). Probably more population and pockets of people just as affluent

citywest

saintsRrising wrote:

This exactly why St Kilda must make NZ work because if we don't we are in big trouble.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

How long is this Moorabbin re-development thing going to take? it feels like it is has been dragging on for years.

saint-stu
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:How long is this Moorabbin re-development thing going to take? it feels like it is has been dragging on for years.
It was announced as part of the "road to 2018" plan, so I would hope it's done by then.

1ac46a38
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

It's nice to hear so many comments from the Bulldog camp how highly they rate having their own stand alone VFL team.

It's reassuring to know the refurbishment will lead to two Zebra games per year, a fancy community urinating area, and possibly, one day, where the women's team will play if ever permitted into the competition.

It's pleasing to note we aim to arrange future games in New Zealand in a new failed attempt to generate more fans, and less home games for us in Victoria (but the AFL sure appreciate the bending over).

It's solidifying to understand there is no more Dolphins team in the VFL, disappointing for Frankston followers, and what would have been an available spot for our stand alone.

And, in the meantime, Junction Oval developments are well underway.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

saint-stu wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:How long is this Moorabbin re-development thing going to take? it feels like it is has been dragging on for years.
It was announced as part of the "road to 2018" plan, so I would hope it's done by then.
Of course, we currently have to endure our horribly out of date, run down facilities at Seaford. Not! How old? 5 years?

Saint supporter since '62
saint-stu
Club Player

Trev from the Bush wrote:
saint-stu wrote:
Of course, we currently have to endure our horribly out of date, run down facilities at Seaford. Not! How old? 5 years?
My comment is from a fan perspective. A staff member from the shop at Moorabbin said there will be a bistro. Not sure how true this is though as I haven't seen any mention of this in public. I live in the area, so I'm looking forward to seeing a few VFL games played there. Even if it is Sandy.

Hopefully the newer training facilities will take it to another level again compared to seaford.

1ac46a38
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I hard of the Film crew going to be there but not why

apparently the gaming venue is going to 'operate around' the renovation- obviously they will do one end then the other
and yes a bistro and public toilets in the plan that I saw somewhere- and no I don't have a link.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

Was Ron Jeremy in the area also?

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
lefty
Club Player

Scollop wrote:Saints have some catching up to do, but there's an opportunity to target the south east corrider in the sprawling suburbs of Melbourne and the Mornington peninsula (as was discussed in a few theads in 2014 and 2015). Probably more population and pockets of people just as affluent
Hold on, there was a fair few people on here who said Seaford was the worst decision in the world and the reason why membership was low, and now all of a sudden we can capture Mornington peninsula after we are leaving Seaford.

Like seriously, this is infuriating to say the least.

Personally I would of stayed, Moorabbin is a f'n PITA to get to, but it is what it is, however please don't now state we can target the south east after turning our back on them.

Its two sided, and people on here never agree with each other. Do this, someone complains, do that, someone else complains. Probably the reason why we are stagnate.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The leaders of the club sold us the Seaford idea, but the leadership changed and it seemed that instead of people being happy with the new facilities, and instead of players being happy that they were paid to be professional athletes, they found things to whinge about and be miserable about because they had to drive a few extra km's.

The loudest voices of discontent were from those within. Yes there were some supporters and some outside the players and staff that complained, but if the CEO at the time and the board were strong enough in their leadership those voices would have been squashed instead of the sniggering and the innuendo everytime a player was interviewed by the media.

I agree that it prbably makes sense to go back to Moorabbin but I don't have enough knowledge or experience on marketing or strategies. I like it when my club has a vision and a long term plan and is strong enough to stick to it. Don't let the tail wag the dog

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Went passed moorabbin again .
This time the huggins stand has the name bill shepard on it .
Does anyone know what they are filming ?

In red white and black from 73
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Scollop wrote:The leaders of the club sold us the Seaford idea, but the leadership changed and it seemed that instead of people being happy with the new facilities, and instead of players being happy that they were paid to be professional athletes, they found things to whinge about and be miserable about because they had to drive a few extra km's.

The loudest voices of discontent were from those within. Yes there were some supporters and some outside the players and staff that complained, but if the CEO at the time and the board were strong enough in their leadership those voices would have been squashed instead of the sniggering and the innuendo everytime a player was interviewed by the media.

I agree that it prbably makes sense to go back to Moorabbin but I don't have enough knowledge or experience on marketing or strategies. I like it when my club has a vision and a long term plan and is strong enough to stick to it. Don't let the tail wag the dog
Seaford seemed to have a lot more to do with a pigheaded argument with Kingston City Council over pokie machines rather than what was actually in the best long term interest of the footy club. The same facility could have always been built at Moorabbin. But, perhaps going the long way around to achieve the same goal will work out better for St.Kilda in the long run. The facility that's now going to be built at Moorabbin will be outstanding and will embed the club within the bayside community.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote:Went passed moorabbin again .
This time the huggins stand has the name bill shepard on it .
Does anyone know what they are filming ?
ABC filming a drama based around a footballer/ football team

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
ace
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:It's nice to hear so many comments from the Bulldog camp how highly they rate having their own stand alone VFL team.

It's reassuring to know the refurbishment will lead to two Zebra games per year, a fancy community urinating area, and possibly, one day, where the women's team will play if ever permitted into the competition.

It's pleasing to note we aim to arrange future games in New Zealand in a new failed attempt to generate more fans, and less home games for us in Victoria (but the AFL sure appreciate the bending over).

It's solidifying to understand there is no more Dolphins team in the VFL, disappointing for Frankston followers, and what would have been an available spot for our stand alone.

And, in the meantime, Junction Oval developments are well underway.
You call that "underway" - there is nothing there, all gone.
I call it "demolition completed".

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.