Bevo is the King

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Bevo is the King

For all the conspiracy theorists;

Bevo is not really an ex footballer.

He is really Elvis Presley.

That's right; Elvis is alive and he's been hiding in Australia. He's had a few facelifts of course. And a liver transplant and a couple of hip and knee replacements, but if you believe all the conspiracy theories being thrown around then why not believe that Bevo is Elvis

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bevo is the King

Opposition forum for this and many others on the main page.

saint4life
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

I'm with Scollop again on this. I'd sooner believe that Bevo is Elvis than the AFL and the umps conspired to hand the Bulldogs the flag! What utter crap.
The fact that the Swans only managed a paltry 41 inside 50's had nothing to do with it. I suppose the umpires built a defensive zone and curbed the Swans inside 50 numbers.
The Bulldogs dominated the game in the second half - when the free kicks evened out. The scoreboard actually flattered the Swans.
yes Bevo is Elvis and the earth is flat!
Last edited by samoht on Sun 02 Oct 2016 10:59am, edited 1 time in total.

felix
Club Player

The umps certainly were not responsible for buddy misfiring.
But of course buddy may be part of the conspiracy. What about the goal review that went sydneys way. Joke
Bevo is king .well done dogs.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:I'm with Scollop again on this. I'd sooner believe that Bevo is Elvis than the AFL and the umps conspired to hand the Bulldogs the flag! What utter crap.
The fact that the Swans only managed a paltry 41 inside 50's had nothing to do with it.
The Bulldogs dominated the game in the second half - when the free kicks evened out. The scoreboard actually flattered the Swans.
yes Bevo is Elvis and the earth is flat!
17 to 5 at 3/4 time. Swas got a couple early in the 4th as is the maggots way but the doggies still got a further three.

game was over at 3/4 time.

Geelong was the only team in the last 35 years to come from behind at 3/4 time to win. unfortunately that was in 2009.

I believe the maggots wanted the doggies to win and umpired accordingly.

6 inches was the difference. If buddy hadn'tl anded on his teammates foot twisting his ankle, the maggots would not have made a difference.

samoht
Saintsational Legend

Let's not underestimate what the Bulldogs achieved ... just because it doesn't suit us. Buddy was running well after half time, when the game was still close --- and showed a Bulldog defender a clean pair of heels -- but the problem was the ball wasn't getting down to him.
The Bulldogs had 18 more inside 50 entries --- that's almost 5 more each quarter -- and they dominated the second half.

5 more inside 50's per quarter!

Let's not if Buddy this and that ..
I mean what if the Bulldogs were at full strength ... if Wallis and Murphy were in the team -- instead of a couple of no-name players, who'd struggle to get a game at Sandringham and who ended up with maybe 10 possessions between them . The thing is you can't buy heart. The Bulldogs were always going to find a way --- that's my take, after seeing the way they went about it.

Credit where it's due!

And the maggots didn't make the difference ---- they weren't all free kicks in front of goal. Most would have been miles from goal and so would have been cut off at some stage in a hard-fought final --and sent back with interest. In the second half, the free kick count evened out --- but the Bulldogs inside 50's went to yet another level.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Stop the conspiracy theories and see it for what it was, a fantastic achievement by both the club and its players!!!

samoht
Saintsational Legend

Yes, saintbob.

To all the conspiracy theorists out there....

In the final term, there was a goal that was kicked by the doggies - that was called a goal by the goal umpire- he was fine to call it a goal, and it looked like a goal to me and to the channel seven commentators on the replay - but it was reversed to a point.
Also, again in the last quarter- I think it was Boyd in the backline that was wrongly pinged for a holding the ball - it was clearly not -- the commentators couldn't believe the call -- and that resulted in a goal for the Swans.
So there's a 2 goal turnaround (11 points anyway) just there that the Bulldogs had to overcome.

They did and they won running away.

Let's not forget that Crameri, Murphy and Wallis were on the sidelines --- 3 certain ins. It was a mighty effort by the Bulldogs!

spert
Saintsational Legend

Did Bevo apply for the Saints coaching position at any stage after Lyon went?

felix
Club Player

Good one spert..of course he did and we knocked him back.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

We wanted a known known, not an unknown. All the media commentators ( who are experts at picking coaches of course) thought that he wasn't ready