I care NOTHING for the dogs win

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kaos theory
Club Player

I care NOTHING for the dogs win

I am a saints supporter. I passionately support and care 100% only for the saints. I have no other joy or happiness to give for any other team.

So the dogs won, fine, but all I feel is bitterness and emptiness. You can't understand why I'm not happy for them? Well I can't understand how as a saints supporter you could have any happiness watching that.

I was not around for the glory of 66, but I was a around the witness 4 painful GF losses. I cried as a little kid by the radio, as the hawks ran over us in the last qtr in 71. I left in pain half way through last qtr in 97, when we were hot favourites. I saw us blow the golden opportunity in 2009, miss easy shots, not get an obvious free in front of goal late in the game....I watched the agony of getting so close in 2010, then get smashed the following week by the filth......

So the dogs won, with one shot at it from 7th....fine. Now we have 140 years and one flag, and a whole lot of pain. We are alone with that now. Do you think them wining means anything positive for us? Sorry but it means sh1t, it is nothing for us. We have to make our own way up the ladder and win the gf ourselves.....

I don't post often these days, but I just had to get that out.....sorry, carry on.....

citywest

Re: I care NOTHING for the dogs win

It was actually as though I myself wrote the above kaos theory. With one exception, I was 3 in 1966 and didn't know what footy was. But the bit about crying as a kid in 1971 and everything else is spot on. I care nothing for the Dogs and I am really spewing that they didn't fold in 1989.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i'm hearing ya.

maybe strangely , but i find myself feeling more confident about Us winning the Thing now.
Inspirational effort.

We can do that !!

Its not the size of the Saint
but the size of the fight in the Saint that counts.

Go Us.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

had to check.........thought I wrote the OP.......

just hate GF day

saint4life
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

It's ok because now the dogs have won

Apparently we are going to know?!

Fait accompli

Just have to
Get better player, beat a few new powerhouses, have the umps have a 180 degree feeling about us and finally

Defy the odds

But apparently that will happen all the time now because It happened today....

Already got my 2018 celebration planned!!!

kaos theory
Club Player

WindSister wrote: maybe strangely , but i find myself feeling more confident about Us winning the Thing now.
Inspirational effort.

We can do that !!
Well, all the other teams are not going to sit by and say, 'ok, now that the dogs won, we will let you guys do it do it too....'

Each year its the same: all teams plan and work hard. Some teams plan and work harder and better than others, and ultimately get themselves in a position to win the flag, and with some luck (there is always some luck) they do it. We, for a host of reasons (and a bit of bad luck), just haven't been able to do it, even after getting so close 4 times....

Hopefully we can sometime soon....

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

What

A reality check

Come on man

We can't be realistic in our thinking surely?!

We need to kid ourselves to feel better about things .... Don't we?

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

What a pack of sad sacks!
People dying of cancer, motor neurone disease and a hundred other horrible things and we get "the poor mes" over some guys kicking a pig-skin object!

loris
Saintsational Legend

WindSister wrote:i'm hearing ya.

maybe strangely , but i find myself feeling more confident about Us winning the Thing now.
Inspirational effort.

We can do that !!

Its not the size of the Saint
but the size of the fight in the Saint that counts.

Go Us.
Good one WS. Echo those sentiments.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

kaos theory wrote:I am a saints supporter. I passionately support and care 100% only for the saints. I have no other joy or happiness to give for any other team.

So the dogs won, fine, but all I feel is bitterness and emptiness. You can't understand why I'm not happy for them? Well I can't understand how as a saints supporter you could have any happiness watching that.

I was not around for the glory of 66, but I was a around the witness 4 painful GF losses. I cried as a little kid by the radio, as the hawks ran over us in the last qtr in 71. I left in pain half way through last qtr in 97, when we were hot favourites. I saw us blow the golden opportunity in 2009, miss easy shots, not get an obvious free in front of goal late in the game....I watched the agony of getting so close in 2010, then get smashed the following week by the filth......

So the dogs won, with one shot at it from 7th....fine. Now we have 140 years and one flag, and a whole lot of pain. We are alone with that now. Do you think them wining means anything positive for us? Sorry but it means sh1t, it is nothing for us. We have to make our own way up the ladder and win the gf ourselves.....

I don't post often these days, but I just had to get that out.....sorry, carry on.....
well said, feel the same

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Are the dogs or other teams not going to want to win as much as us?

felix
Club Player

Jesus...go hug your partner.

Ned Stark
Club Player

Gee Whiz Big Fart, why do you even bother supporting St Kilda? Get a life.

There is nothing wrong with Saints supporters taking heart from the Dogs winning one. It shows the little club can win it, you just need to get the pieces in place and have some luck.

It's the same junk from you every single time. You know better than everyone, Saints recruiting staff included. Let me guess, you would have taken Bont over JB. Funny, because the Bulldogs recruiter had JB ahead of Bont.

Classic Monday Morning quarterback.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:I am a saints supporter. I passionately support and care 100% only for the saints. I have no other joy or happiness to give for any other team.

Great post

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Taking heart from an opposition team beating another opposition team?

Good for you, perhaps go and support them

Oh that's right, because they won it we can... Could we never have won one unless the dogs showed us the way??

Says a bit about the psyche of our supporters...

I have no idea how the dogs winning has anything to do with us?! I suppose when you're desperate you'll draw inspiration from any unrelated thing you can

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Btw

I have been warned for name calling. Lucky you were referring to me (or City West) because then it's allowed

Even though it's gutless

markp
Saintsational Legend

Fishing is good tonight.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Not in the mood to listen to morons who 'believe' such utter rubbish

Brain dead people who get swept up in media driven hype, because they have no idea of their own, annoy me.

We are no more a chance in the foreseeable yesterday as we are tomorrow

Trying to make some sort of fantasy link is just, well pathetically desperate.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Don't be a wanker

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Royston
Club Player

BigMart wrote:It's ok because now the dogs have won

Apparently we are going to know?!

Fait accompli

Just have to
Get better player, beat a few new powerhouses, have the umps have a 180 degree feeling about us and finally

Defy the odds

But apparently that will happen all the time now because It happened today....

Already got my 2018 celebration planned!!!
What a shyte post....obviously on the fizz you flog

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Not in the mood to listen to morons who 'believe' such utter rubbish

Brain dead people who get swept up in media driven hype, because they have no idea of their own, annoy me.

It's precisely why the AFL were so desperate for the 'fairytale'.

Guess how many fans now are up and about and ready to go for next season after seeing the 'fairytale' happen today?

The EPL benefited enormously from the Wolves last year.

The AFL aren't silly.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Not in the mood to listen to morons who 'believe' such utter rubbish

It really is OK to have an opinion. Just because that opinion differs from yours does not make it moronic. Think back 2 years ago and ask yourself if it was remotely possible for the Bulldogs to be premiers. I'm assuming you gave them less chance than the Saints at the time. What today's win shows is that you shouldn't put a time limit on expectations. If you plan properly then it doesn't take long to turn things around. I'm happy for Footscray because like us it's one of the struggling clubs that nearly went extinct and somehow they got their s*** together and won a premiership. We're not talking about a power club, we're talking about a minnow. Good luck to them and above good luck to Luke Beveridge, he's one of us.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Dogs 2 from 3
Saints 1 from 8

I seriously can't cope tonight. I hate the dogs.

Cant recall the monumental Saints love in 97, 09 or 10. All I remember is Roo being booed of stage at the GF parade in 10.

Life's s***.

Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:What

A reality check

Come on man

We can't be realistic in our thinking surely?!

We need to kid ourselves to feel better about things .... Don't we?
Have you been drinking ?

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
saints66
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Taking heart from an opposition team beating another opposition team?

Good for you, perhaps go and support them

Oh that's right, because they won it we can... Could we never have won one unless the dogs showed us the way??

Says a bit about the psyche of our supporters...

I have no idea how the dogs winning has anything to do with us?! I suppose when you're desperate you'll draw inspiration from any unrelated thing you can

maybe the Saints players watching today can get that extra bit of belief that they can do it.

Inspiration can come from all sources