GWS vs DOGS.

felix

Re: GWS vs DOGS.

Forget sydney ..bulldogs for the flag easy .

A lot to be jealous of the dogs about , and to commend them as a footy club. They have done everything right recently, from there brilliant banners, giving the travelling supporters money for breakfast , and 10,000 drove up the Hume and turned spotless into a Cauldron . If we were in the same boat maybe 500 would make the effort. There club has a real pulse now, and it's been done with real passion and a backs to the wall mentality which got the supporters back. At the moment we are only trying to manufacture that with gimmicks .... Embrace the past, people like nostalgia.

Doggies showing us the way to the holy grail. I'll admit to feeling a little jealous, which isn't an affliction I'm familiar with or comfortable with. I don't like it much.

If they can snag a flag it's a great underdog story and sets us a clear goal as the least successful Victorian-based club.

If you compare us to the Dogs - we don't have as much raw speed as they do, and their guys use the ball better than we do. That Caleb Daniel is one of the most efficient ball users in the game today.

BigMart wrote:Why... Would you feel good for their supporters?

I'll tell you what, if we were playing Sydney this week, hardly a dogs supporter would want us to win, we are their most hated opposition.
Yes I do feel good for their supporters. Anyone who has stuck to a club like the Dogs deserves success. First GF for 55 years after 7 losing prelims.
I was moved by the emotion amongst them all after their win today. Long overdue for them.
Don't reckon their fans hate us any more than any others. There are people supporting every club who hate other teams. Am sure the vast majority of their members are super hungry for success. Hope they win it and celebrate long and hard. Will spur us on.
I've met so many Dogs supporters with a deep seeded hatred of our club. Which is funny because it feels like a one way rivalry because that hatred never feels as mutual.

Other clubs piss on us because we are St Kilda but Dogs actually hate us.

I have had laughable conversations with many Dogs fans in my time who are just so far off the mark with their thoughts on St Kilda.

I want the Swans to win and not just win I want the Swans to do a number on them.

I do not fancy being the laughing stock of all of these floggish supporters from a club who hates us because they have broken their drought and we couldn't/can't.

carn_sainter

I'm just jealous of the dogs' TICKER!

They have so much spirit, so much ticker and fortitude of all kinds. They've got talent (for which they deserve 100% credit) but their heart is enormous.

Any Saints fan, or footy fan, who begrudges them success is just jealous.

They have every chance of getting up next week, despite Sydney being a far better team.

The Bulldogs are succeeding despite an uneven AFL playing field. More strength to them - Sydney has been gifted enough silverware.
Hard earned silverware is the best and most admirable kind ..more shiny/less tarnished.

George27

Wonderful win by the Dogs. Fabulous for all their long-suffering fans, their administration, players and their coach.

I just watched the last quarter again, and it confirmed for me that Brian Taylor is the most pathetic AFL commentator . He does not even know the score. First, with the Doggies up by one point , they kicked another goal ( to go up by 7) and BT launches with " The Doggies hit the front".

Then right at the end, with the Dogs up by 5, Dickson marks 25 m out , with less than 30 seconds to go. Game over - no doubt about it. Yet that proved too much for BT. He goes with " if he scores a point it is level, and if he goals they win". Say what ? What a complete flog !!

Well done doggies and here's hoping you take home the silverware next week - you warmed the cockles of this old heart.

George27 wrote:Wonderful win by the Dogs. Fabulous for all their long-suffering fans, their administration, players and their coach.

I just watched the last quarter again, and it confirmed for me that Brian Taylor is the most pathetic AFL commentator . He does not even know the score. First, with the Doggies up by one point , they kicked another goal ( to go up by 7) and BT launches with " The Doggies hit the front".

Then right at the end, with the Dogs up by 5, Dickson marks 25 m out , with less than 30 seconds to go. Game over - no doubt about it. Yet that proved too much for BT. He goes with " if he scores a point it is level, and if he goals they win". Say what ? What a complete flog !!
Totally agree, however, I believe that BT said something along the lines of "it does not matter what he scores, even a point will win the game." He was right but oh so wrong. If he had kicked a point, and the Giants swept it down and kicked a goal, then we have a draw - but the more important issue was "THE F@RKING 25 SECONDS BT" He could have used his allotted 30 seconds and kicked it out of bounds on the full, handpassed it to the guy on the mark or even f@rking turned around and kicked a torpedo to the other end into the Giants forward line, and "F@rk Me - they would have won!" Mouth works overtime, brain in reverse!

Saint_J

St Ick wrote: I've met so many Dogs supporters with a deep seeded hatred of our club. Which is funny because it feels like a one way rivalry because that hatred never feels as mutual.

Other clubs piss on us because we are St Kilda but Dogs actually hate us.

I have had laughable conversations with many Dogs fans in my time who are just so far off the mark with their thoughts on St Kilda.

I want the Swans to win and not just win I want the Swans to do a number on them.

I do not fancy being the laughing stock of all of these floggish supporters from a club who hates us because they have broken their drought and we couldn't/can't.
Couldn't agree more St Ick,
I had a few die hard dogs at the company i worked for in 09 the crap i copped about not deserving the 09 GF appearance then the choke calls i copped after the GF...

I hope the Swans F^%king ruin the dogs on GF day. 60 plus point drubbing.

just wonder why the dogs get kissed o.t.d every game by the umpires. clear again last night. we need to find out the secret.

Because they want the fairytale

They're human.

GWS were screwed over last night.

The umps hate StK
We were very mouthy in our strong times

jonesy wrote:A lot to be jealous of the dogs about , and to commend them as a footy club. They have done everything right recently, from there brilliant banners, giving the travelling supporters money for breakfast , and 10,000 drove up the Hume and turned spotless into a Cauldron . If we were in the same boat maybe 500 would make the effort. There club has a real pulse now, and it's been done with real passion and a backs to the wall mentality which got the supporters back. At the moment we are only trying to manufacture that with gimmicks .... Embrace the past, people like nostalgia.
There's plenty of passion at the Saints. And success will fuel that further. That's what's happening at the dogs. Throw in some media love and it makes their management look like geniuses.

Top team effort by the Dogs with probably the best coach in the comp all things taken into account. I did notice that GWS while having loads of talent, lacked a few hard bodies in the tough stuff, and some of their young guns are physically a year or two off yet. Last night's game would have stretched the Dogs endurance, and I think the Swans may just run all over them as the game goes on next week.

Callan Ward?

SuperDuper

afl reaction summed here:

jonesy wrote:A lot to be jealous of the dogs about , and to commend them as a footy club. They have done everything right recently, from there brilliant banners, giving the travelling supporters money for breakfast , and 10,000 drove up the Hume and turned spotless into a Cauldron . If we were in the same boat maybe 500 would make the effort. There club has a real pulse now, and it's been done with real passion and a backs to the wall mentality which got the supporters back. At the moment we are only trying to manufacture that with gimmicks .... Embrace the past, people like nostalgia.
Well said. Well done Dogs.

Nothing against the dogs team/coach

It's their wanker supporters who bag the f*** out of a legend of our club every time I watch the sides play. They even stop barracking for their team and just focus on Roo
Calling him a sook, a cheat, overrated hack and soft!

I get sick of listening to the s***. Funny thing is, everytime we play them there is plenty of opportunity to boo Nick... He normally has leather poisoning