Team v Nth

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team v Nth

prwilkinson wrote:Probably the most important match the club has been involved in since the Elimination Final against Sydney in 2011.

You think? I'm not confident we'll win this game, North have so much to play for. Deep down we all know we're not top 8 material. Not yet anyway. I reckon we just enjoy the ride this year. We've got a couple of wins left in us, but not sure we're ready to take the step to finals contender. In any event why is this game so important to us? Even if we win we're unlikely to make finals considering our %

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Moods wrote:
prwilkinson wrote:Probably the most important match the club has been involved in since the Elimination Final against Sydney in 2011.

You think? I'm not confident we'll win this game, North have so much to play for. Deep down we all know we're not top 8 material. Not yet anyway. I reckon we just enjoy the ride this year. We've got a couple of wins left in us, but not sure we're ready to take the step to finals contender. In any event why is this game so important to us? Even if we win we're unlikely to make finals considering our %
I'm sure the players feel like it's a big game. It's the first match where the club has been remotely relevant again to what's actually going on over the season in 5 years. If they win tonight, I only see them dropping the Sydney match which leaves a fair chance to finish 8th given North's run home.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:

Speak for yourself Moods!

If we get there we will deserve it.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
yipper wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:
Bluthy wrote:I would have liked them to be braver and rejuvenate the 22 more. I get the feeling we will run out of petrol this game - all year we've shown we can't sustain a high level for more than 2 games. Eli deserved a run, Lee we still haven't tested much, Murdoch - where is he at, Lonie is in good form, Shents has shown a bit (but almost certainly will be delisted). Paddy could have refreshed our forward line that is relying heavily on Membrey to perform heroics both in the air and on the ground. Gresh could have been given a rest. My complain this year is we haven't used the whole squad as bravely as we could have.
So we have won 3 in a row and 7 of the last 9 and making a run for the 8 in a do or die game but you think it would be a good idea to experiment with a few blokes to see if they can cut it??
Yep. This. Just amazing some of our supporters!!
Unbelievable
Our pattern all this year has been two great games, then we fall flat in the third with our young, inconsistent team. That's why I suggested we role the dice to try and break the pattern and rejuvenate the team with more changes. Common sense really. On this board though, common sense isn't so common :lol:

Saint_J
Club Player

I can't see how large changes in a team that was geling would have helped last night.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Saint_J wrote:I can't see how large changes in a team that was geling would have helped last night.
Because it freshens up a young team coming off two huge games with superhuman tackling efforts and would have given the team a different dimension when North would have done a lot of homework on us the last two weeks. We looked pretty predictable last night going to Membrey all the time as the in form forward, relying on Steven to drive our midfield and Joey to drive the play from the back.