Changes v Demons

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Changes v Demons

I'll be disappointed if Acres is dtopped. Needs to get his endurance up and was far from our worst against the drug cheats. Plus he was close to BOG last time against the Dees.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Saw one very disheartening play from Acres in the third quarter. He received the ball heading towards the fifty and had a few options ahead in the fifty but he was hoping/expecting a run off player to come past. He then looked panicked and froze and lost the ball in the tackle. Just showed no awareness of the game around him and no ability to change tact. worrying.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Billings and Sinclair for Hmmm... either Acres, Wright, Minch or McKenzie.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

I'm amazed some people want to keep Acres in and drop Wright. That would send an alarming message about intensity, work rate and want for the contest. Wright's commitment to the contest and defensive work is first class, Acres' is not AFL level yet.

Saint wagga
Club Player

Beno88 wrote:I'm amazed some people want to keep Acres in and drop Wright. That would send an alarming message about intensity, work rate and want for the contest. Wright's commitment to the contest and defensive work is first class, Acres' is not AFL level yet.
I agree in pricipal, but endevour can only count for so much - I dont think anyone would argue that Acres is more talented and will probably play a bigger part in our future best 22 than Wright, so even though on face value, he doesn't look to be trying as hard, he may simply not have the tank to allow it yet, and playing AFL level games is the best way to improve his tank and match hardening! IMO of course.

I like Wright, think he is certainly a goer, and his role as a defensive forward has been good to watch and I think he can certainly be a depth player, he is good enough to play AFL which is good to know, he's worth keeping on the list, but he still needs to work on finding more of the footy.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Last time Demons beat us, there was no Google Maps, the iphone was not invented, and Shane Warne was still happily married ! (2006?)

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
spert
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:Saw one very disheartening play from Acres in the third quarter. He received the ball heading towards the fifty and had a few options ahead in the fifty but he was hoping/expecting a run off player to come past. He then looked panicked and froze and lost the ball in the tackle. Just showed no awareness of the game around him and no ability to change tact. worrying.
I remember that passage of play, and in his defence, a player should have been running hard to accept, but the rest of the mids and half forwards were jogging on the spot watching the game like stunned mullets instead of running hard to make position- if a player has fought for possession, he should then have an attacking disposal option. One of the problems Richo needs to address...we seem to have guys who watch the game a bit too much instead of being pro-active

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I'd drop Montagna

Send a clear message of expectation

He was f***ing putrid

And stop bring in new players and letting them rot in the forward pocket for 80mins and 40 mins on the pine.

We need ability and speed in
Lee, Billings, Lonie, Sinclair and Eli

Out
Delaney (s***), Montagna (message), Mackenzie (not ready), Dunstan (slow), Savage (message)

B: Dempster - Lee - Geary
HB: Wright - Gilbert - Roberton
That would have to be the most clanger-prone defence to line up for an AFL club in my lifetime. We're not going to win a game with those players bringing the ball out of defence.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I'd drop Montagna

Send a clear message of expectation

He was f***ing putrid

And stop bring in new players and letting them rot in the forward pocket for 80mins and 40 mins on the pine.

We need ability and speed in
Lee, Billings, Lonie, Sinclair and Eli

Out
Delaney (s***), Montagna (message), Mackenzie (not ready), Dunstan (slow), Savage (message)

B: Dempster - Lee - Geary
HB: Wright - Gilbert - Roberton
That would have to be the most clanger-prone defence to line up for an AFL club in my lifetime. We're not going to win a game with those players bringing the ball out of defence.

My changes would be

Out: McKenzie, Acres
In: Billings, Sinclair

B: Dempster, Delaney, Geary
HB: Savage, Roberton, Montagna
C: Newnes, Armitage, Gresham
HF: Billings, Riewoldt, Weller
F: Wright, Bruce, Membrey

Foll: Hickey, Steven, Ross
Int: Sinclair, Gilbert, Minchington, Dunstan

Emg: Templeton, Pierce, Lee

We need Roo to go forward to take some heat off Bruce this week, and honestly his disposal in defence has been costly in recent weeks. Delaney to take Dawes and our best/most experienced defender in Dempster to take Hogan with a lot of support from Geary. Roberton/Gilbert on Watts, Savage on Petracca. Gresh, Newnes and Billings to be our attacking receivers with Weller and Wright terrorizing Melbourne's defence.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:Last time Demons beat us, there was no Google Maps, the iphone was not invented, and Shane Warne was still happily married ! (2006?)
All good things come to an end. Got a bad feeling about this one, particularly after the dross we served up against the Druggies. Riewoldt usually smashed them but there are only so many times you can go back to the well.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:Last time Demons beat us, there was no Google Maps, the iphone was not invented, and Shane Warne was still happily married ! (2006?)
All good things come to an end. Got a bad feeling about this one, particularly after the dross we served up against the Druggies. Riewoldt usually smashed them but there are only so many times you can go back to the well.
If you haven't beaten a team in ten years eventually your luck has got to change !

In red white and black from 73
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I still think a place should be found for Pearce. To help Hickey in the ruck, and maybe to sit at full forward until Paddy is ready again.

To the top
SS Life Member

"Dempster to take Hogan with a lot of support from Geary"

!!!!!!!!

Spare me these inflated, rubbish comments on Geary, who last weekend as a "small" defender was absolutely thrashed by both 43 and 13 successively, both of whom virtually ran around all day without an opponent, inspiring Essendon (and the reason Worsfold out coached Richardson by allowing both to drag Geary and McKenzie into the mid-field then thrashing them for pace going back).

Now you want him on Hogan!!!!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I would rather players in the back half who defend than inconsistent soft cocks who run around getting easy kicks and don't work hard to defend!!!!

For some reason our fwds have become defenders who can't get a kick and defenders have become unaccountable blokes running around looking for possessions and not defending.

Adelaide have the best structure and game plan in the comp ATM imo

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:"Dempster to take Hogan with a lot of support from Geary"

!!!!!!!!

Spare me these inflated, rubbish comments on Geary, who last weekend as a "small" defender was absolutely thrashed by both 43 and 13 successively, both of whom virtually ran around all day without an opponent, inspiring Essendon (and the reason Worsfold out coached Richardson by allowing both to drag Geary and McKenzie into the mid-field then thrashing them for pace going back).

Now you want him on Hogan!!!!
Geary did one spoil with 2 mins to go, punching ball clear from an Injector's hands. He managed to run The Hyphen over the line with fierce run.
And I remember one kick that a commentator called a "floater" but it luckily stuck in Gilbo's paws.
But his good play can be undone by untidyness.
And...Savage had 8 touches but 6 CLANGERS !
Keep Savage out until he learns to kick without being tackled in front of goal, etc

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

And I want Joey to be dropped for this week, and if he comes back and still does silliness, back to the Zebs for the rest of 2016.
Annoyed with his attitude and poor results

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:And I want Joey to be dropped for this week, and if he comes back and still does silliness, back to the Zebs for the rest of 2016.
Annoyed with his attitude and poor results
He seems to have lost the plot since the ridiculous goal he gifted Gold Coast, stuffing up a straightforward kick in!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
#gosaintas
Club Player

If we played with BM's defensive lineup we would never get the ball out of the backline. That would be the worst defence in VFL/AFL history.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I reckon old Yabby would have said something like: "listen son, if you keep kicking the ball to the other team, you might as well do it in the seconds"

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

You mean his wife was oblivious.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

That would be closer to the truth.

For mine, Out...Savage. Minch. Dempster (He can regain match fitness and form at Sandy.)
In... Billing,Sinclair, Pearce.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Savage unlikely to play. Billings very likely to come in. There will be at least a couple of changes. White and Rice both mentioned as a chance to come in.