Andrew Gaff

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Andrew Gaff

Had a news site come up on my Facebook feed this morning with footy rumours etc. - stated we were all over Gaff and were driving a dumpster truck of cash over the Nullabor to make it happen. Stated were were willing to part with our 2016 first rounder or Acres, this site suggested it might take both. Not sure of the source, but thought it was worth a discussion here.

Now, a 23 year old with 120-odd games sounds right up our alley, but with Acres in the mix I think there's too much currency being thrown around. I'd be happy to part with our first rounder, and get WC's 2nd rounder back, as he is out of contract.

Had a look at his player profile, and he played his junior footy at Saints feeder club Kew Comets (home of a couple of Jack's in Billings and Sinclair). Averaging 30 touches a week in 2016, I haven't taken much notice of him to be honest. Seems like a hard running all-rounder, decent kick, outside-type who is a good finisher.

Thoughts??

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: Andrew Gaff

Not for 8cres - Never for 8cres - talk about mortgaging our future.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Acres! That's the best one I've heard since Billings was reportedly part of the Carlisle deal. To be honest the rumour sounds like complete bollocks, the wet dream of an adolescent Eagles supporter.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

The Blacres is Not For Sale.

Gaff naff.

Always loyal
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Ta, I wasn't doubting that there was a rumour. Just the veracity of it

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

I'm sure a combo of our first-rounder and Acres is what the Eagles would ask for, but definitely can't see the club parting with both, or even Acres for that matter.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Would love to see the Eagles lose a player of Gaffs quality to the go home factor back East.

They get quite a few going their way. It'd be great to get a deal similar to Jamie Cripps.

That's never going to happen, but depending on where our first pick falls, I'd definitely consider it. Gaff is getting towards serious gun level.

Acres is out of the question however. Not even for Gaff and their first round pick back.

longtimesaint
Club Player

Acres could be one of the best midfielders in the AFL -it would be unthinkable to trade him at all.

One year will be our year
stkfc1
Club Player

Gaff would be a great get but not for BA. BA is exactly what we need going forward. That being said you have to give something to get something. We cant give our first pick up and unfortunately dont think they'd want Longer (probably our best trade bait) as their ruck stocks are fine. Can we trade our 2018 second round and a player? Who though? Not sure we have anything they'd want that we'd be happy to part with, unless we do like a Minchington/Templeton or Lee/Longer combo trade. (Example only).

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

And this is the type of news you get from that clickbait pile of manure website

"St Kilda fans prepare for the worst. The concussion Nick Riewoldt suffered on the weekend has put serious thoughts of retirement into the 33-year-old’s head, especially with the heightened awareness of brain trauma and its affect on life after football.

It’s not going to be an immediate call, with ‘Rooey’ set to take the field again either this week against Hawthorn or the following round, but he is understood to be considering an end to his on-field role, most likely at the mid-season bye.

However, he would never leave the Saints in the lurch and will stay heavily involved in developing the young side that defeated Collingwood three days ago."

Don't believe a word of it

You are garbage - Enough said
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Acres said in media last week he doesnt want to ever leave Melbourne he loves living there...

Gaff for a first rounder would be a great get though he is exactly what we need....

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Gaff is good

bigred
Saintsational Legend

dili

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Probably Gaff's manager leaked that to up his price.
Queue Gaff re-signs with Eagles next week.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

yeh nah, I dont see it being a coincidence that this trash website comes out with this the day Acres gets rising star.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote:
Gaff for a first rounder would be a great get though he is exactly what we need....

Given where the Saints are likely to finish that could be a great trade for us.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

That's the website that belongs to Kim Hackdorn. Biggest flog west of the Nullabor.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Well I suppose it is possible. Dangerfield left Adelaide. Maybe Gaff has some strong family reason to return to Melbourne. But unless such a reason is actually disclosed I would take it with several grains of salt. Happy players generally dont leave clubs unless there is something else going on.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Why the hell WOULDNT we take a gun 23yr old mid for our first rounder? It's a no brainer IF it was ever on the table

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

I don't consider Gaff a gun midfielder, rather a handy winger or outside link player. Not unlike Joey.

Fyffe is a gun midfielder, so is Dangerfield, but Gaff is not in that category.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote:I don't consider Gaff a gun midfielder, rather a handy winger or outside link player. Not unlike Joey.

Fyffe is a gun midfielder, so is Dangerfield, but Gaff is not in that category.
Well we are not going to land a Fyffe or a Dangerfield.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Pretty bloody good player. More than handy. B&F winner and AA at 22. Probably similar in quality to Steven. Obviously we take him in a heart-beat for a first round pick if he is actually available to us. But unless some actual reason for him to move back to Melbourne is disclosed - I think it is bs and I think he will re-sign with the Eagles in the next few weeks. If he still hasnt signed by Rd 20 - maybe we can start speculating then?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:Had a news site come up on my Facebook feed this morning with footy rumours etc. - stated we were all over Gaff and were driving a dumpster truck of cash over the Nullabor to make it happen. Stated were were willing to part with our 2016 first rounder or Acres, this site suggested it might take both. Not sure of the source, but thought it was worth a discussion here.

Now, a 23 year old with 120-odd games sounds right up our alley, but with Acres in the mix I think there's too much currency being thrown around. I'd be happy to part with our first rounder, and get WC's 2nd rounder back, as he is out of contract.

Had a look at his player profile, and he played his junior footy at Saints feeder club Kew Comets (home of a couple of Jack's in Billings and Sinclair). Averaging 30 touches a week in 2016, I haven't taken much notice of him to be honest. Seems like a hard running all-rounder, decent kick, outside-type who is a good finisher.

Thoughts??
A bulls*** story if I ever heard one.

Acres will be a champion, something Gaff will never be.

Anyway , the suns have first dibbs on our first round pick.

amusingname
Club Player

saynta wrote:
St Chris wrote:Had a news site come up on my Facebook feed this morning with footy rumours etc. - stated we were all over Gaff and were driving a dumpster truck of cash over the Nullabor to make it happen. Stated were were willing to part with our 2016 first rounder or Acres, this site suggested it might take both. Not sure of the source, but thought it was worth a discussion here.

Thoughts??
A bulls*** story if I ever heard one.

Acres will be a champion, something Gaff will never be.

Anyway , the suns have first dibbs on our first round pick.

For Who?