Freeman in VFL 2nds this week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

evo
Club Player

Re: Freeman in VFL 2nds this week

Goose is king wrote:Not exactly free, cost us our second round pick in this years draft.
That makes it impossible to get three picks in the top 20 without giving up some quality

Assuming that we will be looking at free agency this year, I doubt we will have any picks in the top 20.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

evo wrote:
Goose is king wrote:Not exactly free, cost us our second round pick in this years draft.
That makes it impossible to get three picks in the top 20 without giving up some quality

Assuming that we will be looking at free agency this year, I doubt we will have any picks in the top 20.
Why? You don't need to trade dp in free agency.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Yes I realise that. For the purposes of what to say to a Collingwood fan if he becomes a star, though, he cost us next to nothing

evo
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
evo wrote:

I know that but if we go all out this year to get a Whitfield/Kelly type it will cost high dp's. Even free agents will probably want their clubs compensated.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

evo wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
evo wrote:

I know that but if we go all out this year to get a Whitfield/Kelly type it will cost high dp's. Even free agents will probably want their clubs compensated.
Out of the 2, which do you prefer. I think Kelly has shown more at this stage

evo
Club Player

I don't think we will get Kelly but he would be great. A Whitfield or Sheil would be nice too, however any of them would at least cost a first rounder and a player or two IMO.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Apparently a setback................another 2-3 weeks before attempts to play again.

He suffered an 'awareness' in his hamstring at training this week

What a load of football speak jargon.....

In his head....club to cautious.......who knows....

saint4life