Weller or Rioli with Pick 14. Not matheison.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Re: Weller or Rioli with Pick 14. Not matheison.

Someone that can kick.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
lefty
Club Player

bigred wrote:Someone that can kick.
This.

Everyone becomes experts at draft time. I hope the club looks for a gun midfielder. We stupidly lost #5 which would of landed us a very good player. Anything after 10+ is not the same. Its more luck.

SMS
Club Player

Brayshawa not soft ill give em that but dawes, watts, petracca etc are ans will never change. Hence why we pummel them easily.
We were, in a rebuilding phase, the NUMBER 1 contested efforts team!!?!? Thats amazing. And exactly whatvyou want to build a flag team on. Get excited forget the media BS.

lefty
Club Player

SMS wrote:Brayshawa not soft ill give em that but dawes, watts, petracca etc are ans will never change. Hence why we pummel them easily.
We were, in a rebuilding phase, the NUMBER 1 contested efforts team!!?!? Thats amazing. And exactly whatvyou want to build a flag team on. Get excited forget the media BS.
Petracca is a gun, I think you're blind if you don't think he is. He will be the real deal.

SMS
Club Player

Ryan Clarke?? Kidding me?? B grade at best.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
gringo wrote:Clayton Oliver is a fat, slow, ungainly looking oaf but plays footy like a natural. He is like Olly Wines mixed with Rory Sloan and Dangerfield. He makes the play and wins games. He reminds me of Sam Mitchell in his ability to look like everyone else around him isn't as good and doesn't deserve to be as good as he is. I reckon he will be a super star in a few years. You can't help loving how he plays.
This is the guy I want, not that I know much about these guys.
Not bad, clever with good hands and goal sense

SMS
Club Player

lefty wrote:
SMS wrote:Brayshawa not soft ill give em that but dawes, watts, petracca etc are ans will never change. Hence why we pummel them easily.
Petracca is a gun, I think you're blind if you don't think he is. He will be the real deal.
Petracca is soft. Wont handle afl footy.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

For me Bonner, Ah Chee, Oliver, Rioli.

In that order but Id be pleased with any of those four at 14.

SMS
Club Player

WHAT DRUGS ARE YOU GUYS ON WANTING MATHEISON???
he cant kick. He can handball this cute over the top thing which wont work in afl. DISGRACE!

We better not pick him up!

God you guys are idiots!! First you bag dinstan who is TEN TIMES THEPLAYER MATHEISON IS. He kicks goals hits targets loooks like a dane swan yet you want MATHO??

Fair dinkum. Thank god the idiots on here arent in charge of our recruiting.

GET RIOLI OR LOOK LIKE CLOWNS AGAIN.

ripplug66
Club Player

SMS wrote:WHAT DRUGS ARE YOU GUYS ON WANTING MATHEISON???
he cant kick. He can handball this cute over the top thing which wont work in afl. DISGRACE!

God you guys are idiots!! First you bag dinstan who is TEN TIMES THEPLAYER MATHEISON IS. He kicks goals hits targets loooks like a dane swan yet you want MATHO??

What a strange post.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

I'll be happy with whoever Trout Selects. He has runs on the board. If it happens to be Mathieson I know many supporters will be happy. Can't please everyone.

Do yourself a favour and go and have a look at Jade Gresham on youtube.

Just had a look at him Rioli, Tucker and Mathieson

Gresham, has real pace, beautiful disposal, great bj like vision (although his kick is not as penetrating) and can find the goals - would be ideal
Rioli - the usual Rioli X factor, lovely at ground level, disposal not fantastic, got a bit of magic about him, didn't see exceptionally fast but it was only highlights
Tucker - nice disposal, gets his own ball, didn't seem that fast but happy to be corrected, maybe we have a lot similar to him?
Mathieson - hard in and under bull, Lenny like, not blessed with huge speed, but I can see why the recruiting at the Saints are impressed by him.

With Mathieson in the mids we would have some serious beasts in him Dunstan, Acres, McKenzie, Ross and Armo. In a couple of years it would be awesome, except a bit one paced.

Picking him means there is a lot of pressure on Steven and Savage to give us some speed with Freeman if he get up.

As I said my choice would be Gresham, but any of those four and I wouldn't be unhappy.

You are garbage - Enough said
FQF
SS Life Member

I have only one demand - he has to be a genuine midfielder.

Not a McKenzie, Acres, Billings, Lonie, Newnes, Murdoch etc etc etc who can develop into a midfielder. We need instant midfielders.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

There are a few guys at big footy who look like if not insiders very close to the club. They say we would have taken him with 5 and he's their man. Likened him to Lenny Hayes. He's a pretty average player to me too but what I'm hearing if he's there we take him then I think it was Tucker and Gresham?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Do yourself a favour and go and have a look at Jade Gresham on youtube.

Gresham, has real pace, beautiful disposal, great bj like vision (although his kick is not as penetrating) and can find the goals - would be ideal
Rioli - the usual Rioli X factor, lovely at ground level, disposal not fantastic, got a bit of magic about him, didn't see exceptionally fast but it was only highlights
Tucker - nice disposal, gets his own ball, didn't seem that fast but happy to be corrected, maybe we have a lot similar to him?
Mathieson - hard in and under bull, Lenny like, not blessed with huge speed, but I can see why the recruiting at the Saints are impressed by him.

With Mathieson in the mids we would have some serious beasts in him Dunstan, Acres, McKenzie, Ross and Armo. In a couple of years it would be awesome, except a bit one paced.

Picking him means there is a lot of pressure on Steven and Savage to give us some speed with Freeman if he get up.

As I said my choice would be Gresham, but any of those four and I wouldn't be unhappy.
Gresham is only 177cm and plays small fwd a lot of the time.

Have you looked at Bonner, Ah Chee, Milera and Oliver? All of these guys will go higher than Gresham.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:

There are a few guys at big footy who look like if not insiders very close to the club. They say we would have taken him with 5 and he's their man. Likened him to Lenny Hayes. He's a pretty average player to me too but what I'm hearing if he's there we take him then I think it was Tucker and Gresham?
Tucker looks average and slow.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:Do yourself a favour and go and have a look at Jade Gresham on youtube.

Gresham is only 177cm and plays small fwd a lot of the time.

Have you looked at Bonner, Ah Chee, Milera and Oliver? All of these guys will go higher than Gresham.

Fair enough, he did seem a bit smallish.

The highlights I was watching had him midfield or HBF type drifting forward.

I'll have a look at the guys you suggest in the weeks to come.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:
gringo wrote:

Tucker looks average and slow.

He didn't look average, but he certainly didn't seem quick.

Think we have plenty of like types to Tucker. Need a mid with genuine pace. Freeman has it if his hammies don't twang on him, but would like a kid with some wheels.

SMS
Club Player

Rioli
Ah Chee

Only two id take.
We need speed and magic.

We have 6 inside mids. Million half backs and wings.
Just need speed/magic, kpps and a gun ruckman in time.

Grrsham is tiny could be ok but pick 14??