Carlisle "scandal"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Carlisle "scandal"

saynta wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
matrix wrote:Lefty.

Fatty foods are bad
Alcohol is bad
Smoking is bad
95% of all drugs are bad

My work place has an education program and you are stood down to sort you're s*** out.
But they don't care what you do to your own body in your own time
They care about the safety of you and others around you while performing your duties
That's all that matters.

Drugs are part of life
Illegal or legal.
To be shocked about an afl player doing some drugs is silly.
While it doesn't look good for kids etc, neither does a lot of other stuff that happens in life
All we can do is educate kids
But at the end of the day, its my body and who the hell is anyone to pass judgement on what I do with it if I'm not hurting anyone.
Oh it makes the club look bad I hear?
Every single club in every single sporting code would have looked bad at some stage.
He's still a flog for sending it via snap chat.

I wouldn't sack him but I'm not sure if we have made the right decision.
If I had done drugs at work or at home and the powers that be found out about it, I would have been stood down and eventually sacked.
You are probably not worth a first rounder anyway.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

kell wrote:
matrix wrote:Jesus Christ some people live under a rock

He will not be 'sacked' and the trade will not be reversed.
Yeah lets sack him, but keep the other players on our list that have dabbled in an off season
Lol

Wake up people
He didn't hurt anyone
He hadn't raped anyone, killed anyone

Ffs get a grip.

Thank goodness your not running the club! Oh wait on... is that you Matt ?????
20 posts in three years

TROLL ALERT!!!!!

You are garbage - Enough said
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

mad saint guy wrote:
lefty wrote:Its like KB said, you drink and drive you're fired, if you take drugs, its "oh you'd be surprised how many do it" like its normal.... until s*** goes wrong and that wanker causes a head on crash killing two innocent people travelling in the other direction.
Luke Hodge, Matt Janesch, Jeff Garlett, Alan Murray, Dawson Simpson, Jay Shulz and Brad Ottens were all sacked for drink driving?
lol - what effing hypocrites

Poor old Hodgey being sacked and not winning the third premiership.....oh wait

What about Brian Lake. Was shattered to be sacked before he won a flag at Hawthorn.

Jesus :roll:

You are garbage - Enough said
ripplug66
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:
lefty wrote:Its like KB said, you drink and drive you're fired, if you take drugs, its "oh you'd be surprised how many do it" like its normal.... until s*** goes wrong and that wanker causes a head on crash killing two innocent people travelling in the other direction.
Luke Hodge, Matt Janesch, Jeff Garlett, Alan Murray, Dawson Simpson, Jay Shulz and Brad Ottens were all sacked for drink driving?
lol - what effing hypocrites

Poor old Hodgey being sacked and not winning the third premiership.....oh wait

What about Brian Lake. Was shattered to be sacked before he won a flag at Hawthorn.

Jesus :roll:

In defence of KB he never said that at all. Chinese whispers again.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Yes pav
An idiot for putting it online.
That, was the stupid move.

He won't be sacked
So all those jumping up and down about morals and all that jazz you are going to be disappointed
So post back your membership cards and write a letter to the club why you have jumped ship.

Look, I'm not saying everyone should go out and shoot up ffs.
But bloody hell there is bigger probs out there in clubs than doing a line on your f****** holiday
I'd say his group initiation thing of group sex and degrading women is a tax more important
But that's a whole other kettle of fish

Say sorry
Move on Jake
And prove yourself
Start f****** around and make us look bad again you will be fired I'm guessing
You have a choice
Think carefully

And don't put anything online ffs you dumbass

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The CEO's presser in full. Interesting listening.

spert
Saintsational Legend

He did a stupid thing, and has made a public statement admitting this as such and will face the music at his new club from officials to team-mates...remember Stevie J going off the rails at Geelong years back? finally realised his full potential after a blast from his team-mates and contributed to their premiership in a big way in '07. JCs best bet is to train hard and play great footy for us next season as we scrape into 8th position and play finals.

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

Will St Kilda take Legal action over this?

Who can be sued? McConville, Channel 9, Essendon (If they had knowledge of the video before jake was traded)?

The Channel 9 journo with strong Hawthorn links is not in the clear yet either.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
To the top
SS Life Member

What has been said by Carlisle and the Club has now been said - and you would not expect any other response from either party.

What you do in all matters is to defend your flanks and move on with the main game. So the who, what, where and why of the matter being in the media is now a wasted exercise when concentrations should be elsewhere.

This includes ignoring the "high moral ground" preachers many of whom come with their own agenda for whatever reason.

St Kilda FC look to offer Carlisle a far different environment to the Essendon FC/Little/Hird environment he has left behind - and St Kilda FC look to benefit from Carlisle's commitment and performance (including off field to enhance the public perception of the Club, which is vital in attracting other players, sponsors and administrators - and supporters).

No doubt Carlisle is not the only AFL player who is not pristine (not that that is any form of excuse) and, accordingly, he is now under notice from his employer because of his admissions - and undertakings which St Kilda FC look for him to deliver on.

Sack him?

Why?

He has admitted error - and, again, whilst no excuse, he is no different to the majority across a range of social obligations.

Collingwood drafted Krackour after a custodial sentence.

Carlton (and Glenelg) had Nicholls - and others.

Essendon and Collingwood had Tuddenham.

And the list goes on and on.

It is not the mistake per se, it is the response to having made that mistake.

Carlisle has the challenge ahead of him - and we trust it is the making of him including in life because you do not play football forever.

yipper
SS Life Member

spert wrote:He did a stupid thing, and has made a public statement admitting this as such and will face the music at his new club from officials to team-mates...remember Stevie J going off the rails at Geelong years back? finally realised his full potential after a blast from his team-mates and contributed to their premiership in a big way in '07. JCs best bet is to train hard and play great footy for us next season as we scrape into 8th position and play finals.
Exactly. He has come out publicly and admitted he stuffed up. The club have put him on notice straight away - he now needs to front up to our captain and his new teammates and prove his worth. End of story. That is the fair and just result of this.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
ripplug66
Club Player

IanRush wrote:Will St Kilda take Legal action over this?

Who can be sued? McConville, Channel 9, Essendon (If they had knowledge of the video before jake was traded)?

The Channel 9 journo with strong Hawthorn links is not in the clear yet either.

How can 9 be sued. Not everyone just sues people. McConville will be dealt with but he wont be sued.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/j ... 7578149094

"FOR a young man whose best decision-making has usually been confined to AFL ovals, Jake Carlisle this morning made an even better one off the field.

In releasing a statement where he took full responsibility for his actions overseas where he was seen snorting a white substance before the footage made its way to some “friends” via Snapchat, Carlisle has taken the first steps in a long road back to gaining the trust of his new St Kilda teammates.

And make no mistake, captain Nick Riewoldt will view Carlisle’s actions in a very, very poor light.

That the 24-year-old key defender could think engaging in such activity in the vicinity of smartphones wouldn’t be a problem suggests he has a lot of work ahead of him when it comes to judgment calls.

So get him off his bum and working in the community to view those who are so much less fortunate.

Who knows, it could be the making of a young man who previously has been happiest playing with an Xbox when not required to train.

Moving clubs to take up a big contract with the Saints ensured he was going to attract extra attention in 2016, and that pressure has now been quadrupled.

If he deals with it then hopefully he will become the footballer he has promised to be in fits and spurts, but more importantly he may become a young man who can contribute something meaningful outside of the game."
Last edited by saynta on Thu 22 Oct 2015 1:08pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I like Matt Finnis.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
markp
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:I'm more worried about his knee
The drug stuff is everywhere in society
Big whoops.
You'd be surprised if you heard the millions of stories about people doing stuff that's not socially acceptable
You'd be surprised about who does what at your place of employment

Some people have some serious blinkers on about 'life'
Yep, it's 'everywhere'.

And everyone craps, too.

But if Jakeass drops his strides at the presser to welcome him to the club (if there still is one) and takes a dump on the table then that's a different matter.

And in effect, that's kinda what he's done.

His new teammates must be thrilled.

I wonder what number jumper he'll get.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/st-kil ... 7577529424

"UPDATE: ST KILDA recruit Jake Carlisle will cut short his overseas trip to face Nick Riewoldt and his new teammates over footage showing him snorting a white powder.

The Saints would not go into detail about the substance Carlisle is seen snorting in the Snapchat video, but when asked if the club considered sacking Carlisle one day after recruiting him CEO Matt Finnis said “it didn’t come to that” because he had put up his hand up straight away.

“We can talk about punishment but I don’t know that there would be anything more confronting for Jake Carlisle right now than facing Nick Riewoldt and our leadership group,” Finnis said.

“They’re absolutely filthy.

“They’ve done a lot of work to make it absolutely clear what our club stands for.”

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Markp

Doing something in his own time to his own body that's hurting no one is a tad diff compared to taking a crap on a table in Front of a group of members.
But..I did laugh at the thought of someone doing that

Roo would be pissed.
Look..it doesn't look good, we all know that but if he hadn't of been stupid enough to post a freaking vid if it and it came out later after retirement no one would care.

But I agree that he needs to be told you can't let this s*** happen while at our club
But in saying that, there's players there now that dabble, so its kind of a little bit of hypocrisy.

Prove you're worth and all is good
f*** up again and you are out
Tell him that straight up.
No beating around the bush

Bring s*** on the club again publically and you will be sacked

saynta
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
saynta wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
matrix wrote:Lefty.

Fatty foods are bad
Alcohol is bad
Smoking is bad
95% of all drugs are bad

My work place has an education program and you are stood down to sort you're s*** out.
But they don't care what you do to your own body in your own time
They care about the safety of you and others around you while performing your duties
That's all that matters.

Drugs are part of life
Illegal or legal.
To be shocked about an afl player doing some drugs is silly.
While it doesn't look good for kids etc, neither does a lot of other stuff that happens in life
All we can do is educate kids
But at the end of the day, its my body and who the hell is anyone to pass judgement on what I do with it if I'm not hurting anyone.
Oh it makes the club look bad I hear?
Every single club in every single sporting code would have looked bad at some stage.
He's still a flog for sending it via snap chat.

I wouldn't sack him but I'm not sure if we have made the right decision.
If I had done drugs at work or at home and the powers that be found out about it, I would have been stood down and eventually sacked.
You are probably not worth a first rounder anyway.
:wink:

SAAD
Club Player

Our club and photos and videos and other stupid crap. Hopefully in 4 years he wins a Norm Smith we win a flag and he looks back at this day and says our StKilda were instrumental in turning his life around blah blah blah.

markp
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:Markp

Doing something in his own time to his own body that's hurting no one is a tad diff compared to taking a crap on a table in Front of a group of members.
But..I did laugh at the thought of someone doing that

Roo would be pissed.
Look..it doesn't look good, we all know that but if he hadn't of been stupid enough to post a freaking vid if it and it came out later after retirement no one would care.

But I agree that he needs to be told you can't let this s*** happen while at our club
But in saying that, there's players there now that dabble, so its kind of a little bit of hypocrisy.

Prove you're worth and all is good
f*** up again and you are out
Tell him that straight up.
No beating around the bush

Bring s*** on the club again publically and you will be sacked
My issues are timing and judgement related.

The timing of him doing this (while his future was being determined), the convenient timing of it being made public (we've been stitched up).

And the judgement shown by someone in the situation he was in (between clubs) sending out something like that... the guy must be an utter and irredeemable f-wit.

So it seems if we had a 'no d-heads' policy, we don't anymore.

And now instead we've got someone who's on their last warning before they've even walked in the door.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Would still love to know if Jake knew this video was out there before the trade. Going into betrayed lover mode "It's the lying that's the worst". I think he's now officially Jake the Snake.

ripplug66
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:Would still love to know if Jake knew this video was out there before the trade. Going into betrayed lover mode "It's the lying that's the worst". I think he's now officially Jake the Snake.
Why the snake? Apart from rhyming.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Can't argue that markp
Well and truly stitched up by someone

Stinks like cat poo.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Tend to agree with most on here. I am not going to hang a bloke for an act of stupidity at 22yo. I am sure many of us have done worst.
But bloody hell we got stitched up by the media.
The thing that pisses me off the most is the BS propaganda campaign of the club about only recruiting good 'character'. Give me a break with the PR crap please.
And to all you flogs saying no way do you want Harley and now defending Jake - you are a bunch of racist flogs.

ripplug66
Club Player

24 Con. Last comment is clearly ridiculous.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... kfofg.html

Good article from Caro. Every cent he was due under the "marketing" part of his contract should be removed, immediately.