We Must Now Sack Jake Carlisle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Re: We Must Respond To The Carlisle Allegations Now

saintspremiers wrote:
satchmo wrote:
ctqs wrote:How can they resppond now when they're still trying to establish all the facts? As it stands, the only ones who are certain of things is A Current Affair. Nobody - NOBODY - else knows for sure what the facts are yet.
Jake and probably his manager will know.

If it is him I hope he admits it, and then we can move on. He has been through a traumatic experience and it seems he has coped poorly. Now is his chance to shed the putrid bombres jumper and the stench that goes with it.

As long as he never offends while he is a Saints player then we can do this.

Whatever happens, good luck Jake.
It was him. He admitted it just then. See the other Jake thread
Yeah, I think it good that he's said it. If he denied it, and it was later proven it would be a whole lot uglier.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
sasaint
Club Player

What we have seen Carlisle allegedly do does not fit with the culture that we want in the Saints. If we had seen this video before the trade we would not have made this investment. The Saints need to act decisively and not complete the trade so he remains an Essendon player. I have also lost faith in Bains. This episode will set the club back at least a year and would now change us into not being the destination club that we were becoming only 24 hours ago. As Damien says, this is a train wreck.

Patience young grasshopper
SMS
Club Player

Good statement Jake. Took responsibility.

This could well be a blessing. The crap for him stops now and we look great as he goes from being a drug user partier ESSENDON player to a clean GUN flag winning legend!!!

Get behind him and believe in him saint fans!!! He couldve denied and played the BS game.

SMS
Club Player

Not a train wreck. Take it easy. Barrett just wants headline.
All be forgotten by round 1

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

Re: We Must Deal With The Carlisle Allegations Now

Reckon Saints are doing the right thing by not giving in to media pressure to validate or defend anything just yet but instead discussing with lawyers options with dispute resolution process for the arbitrator to the deal, presumably the AFL, to get a confirmation if this matter was disclosed or not to Saints when dealing. If not (not unlike an injury) then we may have grounds to seek a compensatory item from Essendon or Carlisle himself, or the AFL may have a ruling in this area to then penalize the Essendon football club or Carlisle's manager or both in terms of not acting in good faith, non disclosure, unfair dealings etc... Let's be patient. Turn off SEN nitwits who aren't smart enough to be asking these questions and just want headlines they are just as bad as Channel Nine. Good things which could come out of this;
1. renegotiated package for Carlisle
2. greater commitment from Carlisle to be worth it and make it up to the group and captain
3. a better negotiation outcome at Essendon's expense
4. yet another black eye for the Essendon Football Club
5. damages claim against Channel Nine

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
markp
Saintsational Legend

Oh geez, if people cant see we've been stitched up and dudded here....

What would his trade value be now?

Would we have still taken him?

Don't let the moron through the door.. sign nothing.

Over to you, Gillon.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: We Must Deal With The Carlisle Allegations Now

millarsaint wrote:Reckon Saints are doing the right thing by not giving in to media pressure to validate or defend anything just yet but instead discussing with lawyers options with dispute resolution process for the arbitrator to the deal, presumably the AFL, to get a confirmation if this matter was disclosed or not to Saints when dealing. If not (not unlike an injury) then we may have grounds to seek a compensatory item from Essendon or Carlisle himself, or the AFL may have a ruling in this area to then penalize the Essendon football club or Carlisle's manager or both in terms of not acting in good faith, non disclosure, unfair dealings etc... Let's be patient. Turn off SEN nitwits who aren't smart enough to be asking these questions and just want headlines they are just as bad as Channel Nine. Good things which could come out of this;
1. renegotiated package for Carlisle
2. greater commitment from Carlisle to be worth it and make it up to the group and captain
3. a better negotiation outcome at Essendon's expense
4. yet another black eye for the Essendon Football Club
5. damages claim against Channel Nine
Excellent post, plus remember our CEO is an ex-AFL plant and Gilligan is a Saints fan.

Both could be very handy over the next week.

The trade is a done deal - Jake is ours and he's repairable damaged goods.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:Good statement Jake. Took responsibility.

This could well be a blessing. The crap for him stops now and we look great as he goes from being a drug user partier ESSENDON player to a clean GUN flag winning legend!!!

Get behind him and believe in him saint fans!!! He couldve denied and played the BS game.

He wouldn't have written a word of that statement, just put his name to it. Means nothing imho.

"9.33AM: JAKE CARLISLE STATEMENT

After footage of Jake Carlisle was shown on 'A Current Affair' he has just issued this statement.

I have made a very poor decision and let people down and for that I am embarrassed and truly sorry. First, I would like to apologise to allSt Kilda members, supporters and staff, AFL fans as well as my new teammates.

I am aware of footage being aired of me last night and Iwant to be upfront and say that I made a mistake.

The video casts me in a very poor light and reveals clearly inappropriate behaviour which I regret but am accountable for.

I know that in a few weeks’ time when I join St Kilda I’m going to be expected to be open and honest with my new club so want to start byconfirming my error of judgment right now.

St Kilda have shown great confidence in me and when I startwith them I will need to earn their respect and win back the confidence of theplaying group and broader Saints community.

I will learn from my mistake and when I return to AustraliaI will commit to any Club or AFL requirements or educational programs.

Again,I apologise for my behaviour and stress that when I join my new Club, I will do everything I can to live up to the standards and values they are building at StKilda.'

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

saynta wrote:

He wouldn't have written a word of that statement, just put his name to it. Means nothing imho.

After footage of Jake Carlisle was shown on 'A Current Affair' he has just issued this statement.

I have made a very poor decision and let people down and for that I am embarrassed and truly sorry. First, I would like to apologise to allSt Kilda members, supporters and staff, AFL fans as well as my new teammates.

I am aware of footage being aired of me last night and Iwant to be upfront and say that I made a mistake.

The video casts me in a very poor light and reveals clearly inappropriate behaviour which I regret but am accountable for.

I know that in a few weeks’ time when I join St Kilda I’m going to be expected to be open and honest with my new club so want to start byconfirming my error of judgment right now.

St Kilda have shown great confidence in me and when I startwith them I will need to earn their respect and win back the confidence of theplaying group and broader Saints community.

I will learn from my mistake and when I return to AustraliaI will commit to any Club or AFL requirements or educational programs.

Again,I apologise for my behaviour and stress that when I join my new Club, I will do everything I can to live up to the standards and values they are building at StKilda.'
So what do you reckon saynta?

Last night I was saying it was a stitch up and said I would be the first to admit it if he was guilty.

Obviously he has come out and said yes its me, I EFFED up big time.

Do you reckon it is written by the Saints? Sounds like it.

Presser at 11.30 pm from Saints

You are garbage - Enough said
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
saynta wrote:

Last night I was saying it was a stitch up and said I would be the first to admit it if he was guilty.

I would suggest it was written by our club.

And if it was, it means we are keeping him.
Last edited by saynta on Thu 22 Oct 2015 10:06am, edited 1 time in total.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

He needs to stop acting like an Essendon player and start acting like a normal person.

You are garbage - Enough said
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Education program for all Saints players: If you are going to do something wrong - don't video it.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

The Saints should demand the AFL investigate the handing of the footage to Channel 9 immediately after he becomes a Saint. It looks like Essendon have known of its existance all along, not mentioned it during the trade negotiations, but released it to damage Carlisle and St Kilda. A despicable act. Was Dodoro involved? Essendon must be held to account for this.

gessdoss

sasaint wrote:What we have seen Carlisle allegedly do does not fit with the culture that we want in the Saints. If we had seen this video before the trade we would not have made this investment. The Saints need to act decisively and not complete the trade so he remains an Essendon player. I have also lost faith in Bains. This episode will set the club back at least a year and would now change us into not being the destination club that we were becoming only 24 hours ago. As Damien says, this is a train wreck.

How is bains at fault???

markp
Saintsational Legend

I wouldn't be surprised if he hadn't even read it.

Written by his manager, in consultation with us.

philtee
Club Player

Please please please let there be a morals clause in the contract that lets us get out of this now, TODAY.
For past behaviour, current behaviour, future behaviour.
St Kilda has been served a turd sandwich by JC, his manager, and EFC; and Hawthorn has dodged a bullet
which would have torn up their family club credentials, on top of the other current Hawks-related allegations

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

What I like about it though (whoever wrote it), is that it is at least crafted to put distance between Jake the Injectors' Transgressor and Jake the FUTURE St Kilda Player.

Frankly, admission plus abject apology is always the best strategy in these matters (assuming you did it). It stops the media speculating for the next six months. Or six years.

At least we can consider what, if any, options we have without the media reviving the story every other day to trot out someone who wants to identify Jake in the video.

Always loyal
spert
Saintsational Legend

Had the Hawks secured JC, then they would have had two media hassles to cope with. :D

damienc
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
satchmo wrote:
ctqs wrote:How can they resppond now when they're still trying to establish all the facts? As it stands, the only ones who are certain of things is A Current Affair. Nobody - NOBODY - else knows for sure what the facts are yet.
Jake and probably his manager will know.

If it is him I hope he admits it, and then we can move on. He has been through a traumatic experience and it seems he has coped poorly. Now is his chance to shed the putrid bombres jumper and the stench that goes with it.

As long as he never offends while he is a Saints player then we can do this.

Whatever happens, good luck Jake.
It was him. He admitted it just then. See the other Jake thread

Then the club needs to tell him they no longer want him. Sadly they have no choice. He must pay a very big price for his stupidity. It is probably the end of his football career. Certainly the end of any career with the Saints. What a waste.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:

So what if he didn't write a word of it. He signed it, so he acknowledges every word written in it.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: We Must Now Sack Jake Carlisle

It sounds like on SEN most expect he gets a lengthy ban during the season.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:It sounds like on SEN most expect he gets a lengthy ban during the season.
for what?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

we knew there was a chance Carlisle would get a suspension but not like this. lol sadly.
I can't see the club doing anything to Carlisle other than enforced counseling and maybe a variation to his contract of some sort.
compare it to buying a car you discover has a problem you take it back and negotiate on that.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
damienc
Club Player

saynta wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
saynta wrote:

I would suggest it was written by our club.

And if it was, it means we are keeping him.

I think you will find that the statement was written by Jake's manager and not the football club. They (as in he and Jake) are both hoping that all will be forgiven and we can move on and forget this ever happened. They are dreaming. He is gone IMO.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
gringo wrote:It sounds like on SEN most expect he gets a lengthy ban during the season.
for what?
Have to agree with that.
It's not a good look but he is changing clubs and I think a fine will be imposed on him. But it is ludicrous for the new club to impose a suspension on him as he is not a listed St Kilda player. The league would be keen for his new club to clean up his image and turn this into a redemption story. At the same time painting the picture of the poor culture of the Essendon Football Club.