Nathan Freeman

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

avid
Club Player

Re: Nathan Freeman

Well I'm certainly warming to the idea -- just reading sR's and the dome's posts.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

the dome wrote:
Zinger wrote:Whoooooweeee
Dem Collingwood folk are a funny bunch !! They say in one breath Freeman is a sook and no good anyway then back it up with saints first pick is a fair swap... Can't have yer cake and eat it Collingwood he's either no good and worth a third round or a star and still only worth a third round Yeeeehaaaa
Well St.Kilda would be pretty nieve to give up a 5th. pick in the Nat. Draft to the entitlement club in black 'n white. They just look greedy in asking as they will in all probability conduct a successfull raiding party on the northern clubs pre-draft. If Freeman does become a Sainter hope our medical dept. give Nathan every chance of putting his injuries behind him. I had a look back @ Emma Quayles' review of Nathan Freeman in the Ages' Real Footy Top 25 (Nov 17, 2013)pre-draft. "There's not a lot of explosive speed in this draft but Freeman has it. He's strong, keeps his feet, plays like he loves it & is always looking to get involved.should be drafted somewhere from Picks 9-13".
Emma rated Nathan @ 12, pies picked him @ 10.
Hope things turn around for Nathan and we're singing his praises in the near future. :)
If Freeman (never played a single game) is worth pick 5 that would make Treloar (a proven star who is 22yo and a potential Brownlow winner) worth 2 x pick 1s.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

How can a player with dodgy hamstrings, who hasn't played an AFL game in 2 years, still have his club command a first round draft pick.

Collingwood are full of wankers.
2nd rounder at best, maybe the saints can talk them into drafting Spencer late in the draft, he can be their steak knife part of the deal

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
seano1
Club Player

dont know why the saints would even be tempted...unless he comes as a rookie draft.........dodgy hammies...no real game time..poor medical......better off picking a newbie

ace
Saintsational Legend

Tell Connors will take him.
But we want him for the same price as Luke Ball.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:How can a player with dodgy hamstrings, who hasn't played an AFL game in 2 years, still have his club command a first round draft pick.

Collingwood are full of wankers.
2nd rounder at best, maybe the saints can talk them into drafting Spencer late in the draft, he can be their steak knife part of the deal
Agree. So far White has shown more than Freeman.

seano1
Club Player

as was pointed out a long time ago ...we got Saad back as a rookie who also had 2 yrs out ...not saying they are the same type of player.......but would the outcome be the same

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

If you look at our overall team stats for 2015, the area we are weakest in is clearances, centre clearances and stoppages. We are getting regularly beaten in this area.

jays
Club Player

Second round if pies lucky imo

Saintberra
Club Player

Conners will get him to the saints. I wouldn't be surprised if they ask for a second round pick, that we'll offer this year's 3rd round. If they don't accept, will probably offer them next year's 3rd round as well.

Unfortunately, unlike Luke Ball, he can't really enter the PSD and just say 'if any other team gets me, I'm going to effectively retire.'

starsign
Club Player

Nathan Freeman
Postby ace » Fri 25 Sep 2015 10:21pm

GOLD!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Saintberra wrote:Conners will get him to the saints. I wouldn't be surprised if they ask for a second round pick, that we'll offer this year's 3rd round. If they don't accept, will probably offer them next year's 3rd round as well.

Unfortunately, unlike Luke Ball, he can't really enter the PSD and just say 'if any other team gets me, I'm going to effectively retire.'
Baĺl went into the main draft.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

starsign wrote:Nathan Freeman
Postby ace » Fri 25 Sep 2015 10:21pm

GOLD!
Oh yes, I reckon pick 30 is just the right price.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

If we use our 1st round pick on Carlisle and 2nd rounder on Freeman, leaving us 3 late picks in a weak draft, that would be disappointing.

We need to get Essendons 2nd round pick back, or swap pick 5 for 2 late 1st rounders.

Nee!
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

fugazi wrote:If we use our 1st round pick on Carlisle and 2nd rounder on Freeman, leaving us 3 late picks in a weak draft, that would be disappointing.

We need to get Essendons 2nd round pick back, or swap pick 5 for 2 late 1st rounders.
Not really need a late one for Rice and one for a Sinclair upgrade.

This is why Saints are looking so hard at trading.

Anyway word is that we get 2nd rounder back in Carlilse trade

You are garbage - Enough said
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

FWIW, I spoke with the brother of a current AFL player who played with Freeman at Sandy Dragons.
According to him Freeman was a very good footballer and if we can snare him (and his injury problems are resolved) we would be getting a gun.

saintjake
Club Player

Just watched his video for his draft year before he was drafted.. Can't say I see what all the excitement is about.
Looks like he is quick, but with average disposal. Steven gets smashed on here for his disposal.. Freeman looks very similar.
Is the excitement just because a top 10 pick has nominated us?

Wouldn't even want to give a second rounder for him to be brutally honest.
As I said, looks to have average skill. His draw card is his pace but he hasn't played a game yet because he has dodgy hammys. No good being quick if your body can't keep up!!

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:Just watched his video for his draft year before he was drafted.. Can't say I see what all the excitement is about.
Looks like he is quick, but with average disposal. Steven gets smashed on here for his disposal.. Freeman looks very similar.
Is the excitement just because a top 10 pick has nominated us?

Wouldn't even want to give a second rounder for him to be brutally honest.
As I said, looks to have average skill. His draw card is his pace but he hasn't played a game yet because he has dodgy hammys. No good being quick if your body can't keep up!!
How dare you point out the relevant facts. I too, was somewhat underwhelmed by his highlights package. His disposal looks less than elite, which is what we desperately need. If that is the highlights reel, I wonder what the "Clanger" reel looks like. There is a place for someone with leg speed and the ability to break lines, but let's not give the filth a leg up by paying too much. If he's such a gun, surely the filth would also offer him three years. Maybe they believe he is a risky proposition. Proceed with caution!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Didnt hear Collingwood whinging about the rules when they recruited Adams after two years

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-29/a ... -trade-bid

Gershwin
Club Player

Some interesting tweets by Paige Cardona on Freeman leaving Collingwood:

"The people judging & questioning Nathan Freeman's character. I wish you knew the whole story, I really bloody wish you did. Then youd get it"
"If the club hadn't of royally mismanaged his injuries, its likely we wouldn't be in this mess. Direct your anger at the club, not the player"
"Gutted & heartbroken as a Collingwood supporter. But supportive & understanding as your friend @nathfreeman9. Wishing you success #FromDay1"

summertime and the living is easy ........
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Was reported on BigFooty yesterday that Freeman's medical and fitness test at Seaford went very well. Saints medical & fitness staff were very impressed.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:Was reported on BigFooty yesterday that Freeman's medical and fitness test at Seaford went very well. Saints medical & fitness staff were very impressed.
Have you got a link?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

"Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley has warned rival club St Kilda that Nathan Freeman's "problems" will follow him to the Saints if they trade for the former No.10 draft pick."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... z3nAwxonW1

Thanks Bucks, you've just reduced your club's bargaining power to pretty much zero. Nice doing business with you....

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

What a complete arse pick Buckley is.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

St Chris wrote:"Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley has warned rival club St Kilda that Nathan Freeman's "problems" will follow him to the Saints if they trade for the former No.10 draft pick."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... z3nAwxonW1

Thanks Bucks, you've just reduced your club's bargaining power to pretty much zero. Nice doing business with you....
Fair enough. We should take him for free

You are garbage - Enough said