Last kickoff over the goal line?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Re: Last kickoff over the goal line?

plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:Weller marked, ran backwards about 8 steps, the Cat player followed him about 8 steps, Weller pointed at him, the ump did NOTHING!
Richo said in the presser that it's a 50 m penalty "every day of the week".
Those umpire apologists who worship the maggots are saying that Richo, a man with years of coaching experience, just lied in public, risking a fine.
Who do we believe- a stupid keyboard warrior with Alzheimers, or the expert in the hot seat?

No its all crap, just ask P66. Apparently Richo is just a fool and doesn't know what he is talking about.

Oh its just a mistake the apologists call. Then its "just a mistake" that they allowed the kick in from Bartel.

How can an official with an semblance of competency not pay the 50 with what WellardSaint outlined above?

It belies belief that it was "just a mistake".

OK I have had a bit of fun revving up P66 re cheating. DesertSaint is probably closer to the mark, the umpire froze and didn't have the courage to pay what would have been a match winning free kick.

Pretty piss weak that an official will pay those when the pressure is off but wont make the hard decisions. Chamberlain certainly would have, that guy is the best umpire in the league by a country mile.

A real footy fan would say the umpire cheated but then you use logic and realise how stupid that is. All umpires would have to be involved as would the AFL. Leigh Fisher would have to be involved as would all other umpires. Its funny that a retired umpire has never come out in the media and said the AFL told us to cheat against the Saints or it only this year? I'm still confused why they paid the free against Motlop if they are cheating? Surely they could have got away with not paying that especially as we had a similar not paid against us. Maybe they just cheat when they feel like it. maybe their mum is spot betting on certain things.

As you are going to misrepresent things then tell show me where I said it is all crap. I think the umpires are cheating against us is all crap but not once have I stuck up with the decision not to pay 50. Not once.
God you are a goose. Do you wonder about your life carrying on like you do on here? If so you are a pitiful fool.

This must be based on you

You are garbage - Enough said
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
God you are a goose. Do you wonder about your life carrying on like you do on here? If so you are a pitiful fool.
Me carrying on? I'm not the one who seems to honestly think umpires cheat and when I give logical reasons why its such a stupid premise you respond like that instead of discussing it. Great that you made it personal anyway BM. Just shows you are exactly the same as your previous nic even though you say you are different. Pathetic.

GSG
Club Player

Toy Saint wrote:AFL tried to cover up Umpire Heads cheating a decade ago. I know that much.

Thought the umpires were OK last night, I saw a couple of decisions go the wrong way, both ways....

Did you know one of them was the son of Terry Wallace.

What's the Umpire Heads cover up all about, please tell more
I don’t think umpires purposely cheat and the conspiracy theory is total nonsense. BUT, I strongly believe that bias comes into it. Umpires would have grown up barracking for a team. They would have had teams they sort of liked, teams they disliked and perhaps some teams they downright hated - just as we all do. We all know how biased we are towards the Saints. So when umpiring a game, a certain bias has to sneak in, no matter how hard they try to avoid it. They’re only human and their bias would be directed at ALL teams, not just the Saints.
That is why I believe that the umpiring can be sometimes skewed towards the opposition. Pity the team whose umpire used to hate them growing up. I think we must have had a few of them.

Viking3
Club Player

I don't believe they are cheating either.
They are however, either inept or dishonest.
Some of the frees ignored or non-frees paid are just plain incredulous.

Give me one flag & I'll go to my grave a happy man.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:Weller marked, ran backwards about 8 steps, the Cat player followed him about 8 steps, Weller pointed at him, the ump did NOTHING!
Richo said in the presser that it's a 50 m penalty "every day of the week".
Those umpire apologists who worship the maggots are saying that Richo, a man with years of coaching experience, just lied in public, risking a fine.
Who do we believe- a stupid keyboard warrior with Alzheimers, or the expert in the hot seat?

No its all crap, just ask P66. Apparently Richo is just a fool and doesn't know what he is talking about.

Oh its just a mistake the apologists call. Then its "just a mistake" that they allowed the kick in from Bartel.

How can an official with an semblance of competency not pay the 50 with what WellardSaint outlined above?

It belies belief that it was "just a mistake".

OK I have had a bit of fun revving up P66 re cheating. DesertSaint is probably closer to the mark, the umpire froze and didn't have the courage to pay what would have been a match winning free kick.

Pretty piss weak that an official will pay those when the pressure is off but wont make the hard decisions. Chamberlain certainly would have, that guy is the best umpire in the league by a country mile.

A real footy fan would say the umpire cheated but then you use logic and realise how stupid that is. All umpires would have to be involved as would the AFL. Leigh Fisher would have to be involved as would all other umpires. Its funny that a retired umpire has never come out in the media and said the AFL told us to cheat against the Saints or it only this year? I'm still confused why they paid the free against Motlop if they are cheating? Surely they could have got away with not paying that especially as we had a similar not paid against us. Maybe they just cheat when they feel like it. maybe their mum is spot betting on certain things.

As you are going to misrepresent things then tell show me where I said it is all crap. I think the umpires are cheating against us is all crap but not once have I stuck up with the decision not to pay 50. Not once.

This must be based on you

:D Did anyone every find out why Leigh Fisher was removed at the last moment from one of our games?

Superboot
SS Life Member

Well, last time I saw Leigh Fisher umpire one of our games he seemed to favour the opposition. Made a bizarre decision against Sam Fisher, who had a quiet word with him.

Overcompensating, perhaps?

GSG
Club Player

Viking3 wrote:I don't believe they are cheating either.
They are however, either inept or dishonest.
Some of the frees ignored or non-frees paid are just plain incredulous.
......biased and enept (true).

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Superboot wrote:Well, last time I saw Leigh Fisher umpire one of our games he seemed to favour the opposition. Made a bizarre decision against Sam Fisher, who had a quiet word with him.

Overcompensating, perhaps?
Nope, just the side effects of the lobotomy he had to have to become an ump

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

I will settle on the umpires being gutless in this instance. All the panel on on the couch" reckoned it should have been a ball up.

saint6709
Club Player

saynta wrote:I will settle on the umpires being gutless in this instance. All the panel on on the couch" reckoned it should have been a ball up.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/g ... id=1540953

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote:
saynta wrote:I will settle on the umpires being gutless in this instance. All the panel on on the couch" reckoned it should have been a ball up.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/g ... id=1540953
Effing incompetent idiots.

I told my daughter at half time big Holmesy would kick the winning goal. Looks like he should've at least had the chance to fist the winning behind!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.