Membrey

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Membrey

I really like this guy. He can take a really strong grab and his kicking has improved.

He looks really hungry to succeed as well and he's only played 13 games so should be plenty of room for more improvement.

He might help Roo prolong his career too. I think we've done very well considering what we got him for.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
FQF
SS Life Member

Re: Membrey

He's the most likely third tall forward we've had since Hamill. And we tried quite a few since (Gamble, Charlie Gardiner, Maister et al).

dragit
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:He's the most likely third tall forward we've had since Hamill. And we tried quite a few since (Gamble, Charlie Gardiner, Maister et al).
Farout, there's some serious battlers in that list...

I liked membreys game last night, he has presence, I'm not sure if he'll play as a "tall" long term... Think he's probably more a high leading flanker. Down the track we should have mccartin, Bruce and maybe hickey playing a 3rd-fwd/2nd-ruck role.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

He takes a good strong mark & is improving with each outing. Thanks Sydney for spending up on your glamour forward line & letting him go. :lol:

stkfc1
Club Player

Good link up player, goes hard at the ball and his tackles stick. Kicking really improving as has his kicking for goal. Stays in for mine.

S.A Saint
Club Player

He was a very very good set shot for goal kicking over 100 for the swans reserve side. Was a bit surprised at the start of the season when he was massive some shots because i saw highlights of him when we drafted him and seemed to be a dead eye dick!!

Think it was more down to nerves etc and i can seem him just flourishing now as he gets more and more comfortable at this level.

Reminds me of a better version of crameri (in a year or so) and hoping he will develop in the future into stringer type!

"Heroes are never forgotten, but legends never die"
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

He is absolute class, applies so much pressure for a bloke his size and build.

McCartin, Bruce, Hickey and Membrey are the reasons that Roo should finish his career on the wing.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Good to read a few of you are agreeing with my pre-season prognosis of the tattooed one.

Saint supporter since '62