How much of that $2.5B will come our way

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: How much of that $2.5B will come our way

bergholt wrote:
saynta wrote:
bergholt wrote:
saynta wrote:
bergholt wrote:
saynta wrote:
bergholt wrote:I'd pay twice as much if I could watch it on my TV. I won't pay for Foxtel because the price isn't in proportion with the value I'd get from it (which is only watching footy).
You don't know what you are missing out on. All the really good shows are on fox. Free to air sucks.
I haven't watched free to air TV in years.
And why would you. As I said it sucks.
And yet I don't miss out on the good shows. Not because I download them illegally, just because I wait a few days/weeks/months until I can pay to stream them. If you let go of having to watch everything the minute it comes out, you can watch high quality TV pretty reasonably. (Also Game of Thrones.)
I haven't a clue how you stream things or where they are steamed from., so I guess i will stick to foxtel.
I suppose being clueless costs money!
Chichen feed really. Not worth worrying about. I get to watch as much footy as I like.

I am more than happy.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Papa Saynta please tell us more about all the money you have.

I know you don't like to make these things public, but please we all want to hear about how rich you are.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
lefty
Club Player

I hope a shitload goes to the VAFA.

I'd like to see proper umpires, especially in the reserves.
Some of the facilities are very poor and outdated

I think the AFL is fine, but its got to look after the every day person that plays the game as well, there's not enough done.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I gotta chuckle.

Foxtel is crap value. It really is. If it was not for the football it would be laughable.

Each to their own.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
chook23 wrote:I suppose only a trickle will reach grass roots footy.............if past history is any guide.

I have no doubt more will have to be allocated to promote the game at primary school level just to maintain interest level....the days of just expecting kids to play Australian rules are gone.
Forget drug scandals and booing THIS is the games issue right here
Its dying folks at junior levels - the connection (and societies demographics) are changing and that guarantee of locked in club fans is going with it
Soccer is the new football and the AFL better get busy at grass roots levels and be seriously inventive (re branding NAB Auskick in different colors aint gonna do it) to do it
So much under Dimwits previous reign was taken for granted and i think Gill has one massive job - he's trying to re connect with fans but it'll take more than a kick on the G after the game to do it.
I seriously hope they look to twighlight footy on sat more - trash this sunday arvo shyte at 5pm
we all know TV's the big bucks - but empty stadiums on TV dont look good

But soccer have empty stadiums and soccer give far less per person playing to grass roots level. The reasons soccer is getting more popular is iys safer and schools don't want to be sued because parents are getting softer. And even though you disagree and are wrong, women teachers find it ewasier to teach soccer. Paul Callery said this and 5 female teacher I know said the same. That carries more wait than you saying im wrong for no reason. Crowds don't keep the bottom clubs alive. 2.58 billion for TV rights does. Anyway crowds have stabilized since every game has been live. NRL have dripped 10% since most games were live. Seems we are still pretty popular but I do agree we need to get more money into schools even if it is the most of any comp and by a long way.
check junior club participation rates and transference (and kids not returning) once they go to soccer??? theres' your evidence

220k sold on recent international series here thats now earmarked to continue and they have empty stadiums?
safety isnt the main reason soccer is winning in schools
the background of children at schools is changing - their heritage from dads (mostly) is one based on a love for all things soccer and AFL is a nice little quaint aussie game in a fishbowl mostly Melbourne market trying to shore up 10 teams
even though you keep bashing women teachers they too arent the reason - the reason is soccer IS less physical and therefore now attracting strong jnr female teams in schools

when you have a product that is backed:
1. worldwide
2. less physically demanding/threatening and
3.shifting demographics

The trend iseasy to see. AFL got a job on their hands - schools is where its at.
Bashing women teachers? Looks like a lie. Happy to show me one post. If women teachers telling me they would rather teach soccer than footy then yep im bashing them. And if 200K to international games means that A league games don't have empty stadiums then Im also wrong. And I agree school and junior level sport is where it starts but just giving money wont get kids to play Aussie Rules. Footy is much cheaper than soccer at the junior level but still more play soccer because its safer and easier to play and more girls play. Money wont change any of that. Wont hurt but the main thing the AFL need to do is get girls involved in footy which they are now trying to do.
A-league stadiums arent the reason soccer is increasing popularity and yes while safety is a factor it is certainly just 1.
You completely ignore the international impact that games televised and watched often during EPL season etc have and the other major factor being generational change brought on by demographic shifts in society.......
Money alone thrown at it wont do a thing - no ones saying that - whats needed is money and smart strategy to grow connections to our game thats why youre seeing womens footy now being televised.
Good of you to leave female teachers alone they do their best.

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
A-league stadiums arent the reason soccer is increasing popularity and yes while safety is a factor it is certainly just 1.
You completely ignore the international impact that games televised and watched often during EPL season etc have and the other major factor being generational change brought on by demographic shifts in society.......
Money alone thrown at it wont do a thing - no ones saying that - whats needed is money and smart strategy to grow connections to our game thats why youre seeing womens footy now being televised.
Good of you to leave female teachers alone they do their best.
Who said female teachers didn't? You must be struggling if you have to lie like that. I would have thought we could have a conversation without lies. I apologise for thinking that.