Hird sacked

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hird sacked

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:The players have spoken..Their performances have told the tale. They sent a strong message in the last month. Sack this flog.

Probably true but the CAS appeal has obviously really destroyed the players commitment to footy.
Thanks Robbo.
Sounds like the Hird apopogist line.

What a stupid statement. Starting early today? CAS effected the players obviously and I agreed that the last few weeks they have also had enough of Hird. Grow up Con.
?

Hows Crameri and Ryder been going ?

What about Monfries?

Aren't they in the same boat?

Monfries terrible, Ryder fair and until 3 weeks ago Crameri terrible and now good. Helps that he knows what ever the result of the appeal he will play finals this year. Also players outside Essendon don't get the scrutiny that the players do inside Essendon.
Last edited by plugger66 on Tue 18 Aug 2015 3:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:It is totally disingenuous to separate the WADA stuff from Hird and say wada was the begative factor not Hird. For starters Hird was the cause of the wada investigation and second he has misled them throughout telling them they would be in the clear. It is completely ridiculous to buy Slobbo's position that wada is separate to Hird and maybe he can coach after wada goes away.

Wada and Hird are one and the same and his lies and mistruths to the players are one and the same. The players arent stupid. Their performances reveal what they think of Hird.

Adelaide have suffered much much much more hardship than the Bombers and they pulverised them by 100 points at Etihad. I mean come on.

Just because you think the CAS hearing is responsible for the Essendon poor form doesn't mean you are separating Hird from the WADA. What a silly thing to say. I prefer to look at thir from before and after the announcement by WADA. Anyone who uses common sense sees where the form slump started. Its got worse lately and the reason maybe because of Hird. I think its pretty certain the first reason for the form slump is because of the WADA appeal.
Yes it does. Do you have no brain? The players are able to connect the CAS hearing directly to Hird. They dont think 'gee I dont like this CAS hearing but gee Hirdy is a great bloke.' They think:

1. How the f*ck did it come to this?
2. Hirdy told us we had dont nothing wrong.
3. Hirdy told us he would win his legal case.
3. Hrdy told us everything we took was ok.
4. Hirdy told us WADA would not appeal.

I dont think we should engage in conversation because I am certain you arent very bright. I feel a bad embarrassed that you take what Robbo says as gospel.
Con you really get personal if people disagree with you. Early start today? You do lose the plot easily. No wonder you move around all the time. They lost the plot after WADA appealed because they thought it was over. Once it wasn't they were mentally stuffed. They have lost the plot even more lately. That may have been to do with Hird but the first reason was the WADA appeal. As you thinking I take notice of Robbo well that just shows how far off track you are. You need to stick to things you know about like Steven being slow and Ferguson being a star. That shows how your footy knowledge is going. At least when I bring things up its fact that you have said. When you get personal its not only wrong is you acting like a 10 year old kid who lost his bat and ball.
Mate I get personal because you called me silly when all you have done is read an article from slobbo and regurgitate it.
You cannot separate Hird from the WADA appeal. Hird has made representations to the players that have proven to be false. Hird is the cause of the wada appeal. This cannot be separated in players minds. If you cant see this then you are worse the Robbo. Every single person besides the most hardened bombers disciples understands this. If a person has caused something bad to happen to you, you dont then simply forget that person and only focus on the consequence. Hird brought wada on them. He also lied to them about them getting off.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 18 Aug 2015 3:59pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:The players have spoken..Their performances have told the tale. They sent a strong message in the last month. Sack this flog.

Probably true but the CAS appeal has obviously really destroyed the players commitment to footy.
Thanks Robbo.
Sounds like the Hird apopogist line.

What a stupid statement. Starting early today? CAS effected the players obviously and I agreed that the last few weeks they have also had enough of Hird. Grow up Con.
?

Hows Crameri and Ryder been going ?

What about Monfries?

Aren't they in the same boat?

Monfries terrible, Ryder fair and until 3 weeks ago Crameri terrible and now good. Helps that he knows what ever the result of the appeal he will play finals this year.
But they might all be suspended as well. How come they haven't turned up their toes and cried "poor me"?

how come bj is playing really poorly as well? Pointing fingers really well though.

You are garbage - Enough said
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Thanks Robbo.
Sounds like the Hird apologist line.
Wada aside there is no evidence Hird could coach. Did he have any idea what was going on once Bomber left?
I think he is right though ....the players would have bought into the "we are innocent you have nothing to worry about" line and when they were found not guilty I reckon they all took a collective sigh of relief ... but once the appeal came they realised that they should have taken the offer they had at the time and this mess would have never gotten this far
Yes but it was Hird who led them to wada and Hird who led to them a false sense of comfort. You cant separate them. Hird was a false prophet and the penny finally dropped for the players that he was a lying deluded snake. It was always only a matter of time before the players realised it was Hird that was at fault for wada. You cant blame wada. They didn't inject anyone. They didn't lie. They didnt get conned by the oldest snake oil sales trick in the book. It was Hird Hird Hird.
I think you misunderstood me ... of course hird is to blame but had the appeal not happen then I don't reckon he would have lost the players ... once the appeal was launched the players knew they were following the wrong guy

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
dragit wrote:I was really enjoying his recent coaching :(

Hopefully he isn't spared the humiliation of a doping sanction though.
realistically once he is gone and the players either cop their whack or get let off this saga finally ends

let us all hope.

Then when the injectors are at the foot of the table for a decade they can be as relevant to the papers as Melbourne and Carlton.

You are garbage - Enough said
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Thanks Robbo.
Wada aside there is no evidence Hird could coach. Did he have any idea what was going on once Bomber left?
I think he is right though ....the players would have bought into the "we are innocent you have nothing to worry about" line and when they were found not guilty I reckon they all took a collective sigh of relief ... but once the appeal came they realised that they should have taken the offer they had at the time and this mess would have never gotten this far
Yes but it was Hird who led them to wada and Hird who led to them a false sense of comfort. You cant separate them. Hird was a false prophet and the penny finally dropped for the players that he was a lying deluded snake. It was always only a matter of time before the players realised it was Hird that was at fault for wada. You cant blame wada. They didn't inject anyone. They didn't lie. They didnt get conned by the oldest snake oil sales trick in the book. It was Hird Hird Hird.
I think you misunderstood me ... of course hird is to blame but had the appeal not happen then I don't reckon he would have lost the players ... once the appeal was launched the players knew they were following the wrong guy
Well yes - fair enough. But it did happen. And firstly he caused it. Secondly he told them it wouldn't happen. Remember how he was going to 'smash' ASADA in the Federal Crt and the whole thing would be over and ASADA would have to shut down? Slobbo and Connolly both pushed this view strongly.

The players have realised Hird was nothing but spin. How can they continue to trust him once the wada appeal was a reality? Everything he told them was hollow.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 18 Aug 2015 4:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Mate I get personal because you called me silly when all you have done is read an article from slobbo and regurgitate it.
You cannot separate Hird from the WADA appeal. Hird has made representations to the players that have proven to be false. Hird is the cause of the wada appeal. This cannot be separated in players minds. If you cant see that then you are worse the Robbo. Every single person besides the most hardened bombers disciples understands this.
When did I call you silly before you made it personal? Im worse than Robbo because I think the WADA appeal caused their bad form this year? Yep makes sense. Your linking may make sense to you but the result of the form slump was the appeal.

And I haven't even slightly read an article from Robbo so before you lie make sure there is some slight truth in it. I don't even listen to him on SEN anymore or 360 so you couldn't be any further from the truth. Still think its an early start for even you.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
You cannot separate Hird from the WADA appeal. Hird has made representations to the players that have proven to be false. Hird is the cause of the wada appeal. This cannot be separated in players minds. If you cant see that then you are worse the Robbo. Every single person besides the most hardened bombers disciples understands this.
When did I call you silly before you made it personal? Im worse than Robbo because I think the WADA appeal caused their bad form this year? Yep makes sense. Your linking may make sense to you but the result of the form slump was the appeal.

And I haven't even slightly read an article from Robbo so before you lie make sure there is some slight truth in it. I don't even listen to him on SEN anymore or 360 so you couldn't be any further from the truth. Still think its an early start for even you.
Read above. I agree the wada appeal was the catalyst to them throwing in the towel. My point is you need to take the next step and connect the wada appeal to Hird. They arent two wholly separate things. If wada is the bad, then Hird is the cause of that bad. Even worse is he told them on numerous occasions it would all be over.

Anyway we will soon find out. Lets see if they put up some fight in the next three weeks.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Gone. Hopefully after the WADA hearing it all gets back to close to normal. Better for all footy fans.
Not me.

I want them at or near the bottom for 3 years and a long term pain/rebuild. It's the least those cheats deserve. Some teams need to bring up the rear.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Read above. I agree the wada appeal was the catalyst to them throwing in the towel. My point is you need to take the next step and connect the wada appeal to Hird. They arent two wholly separate things. If wada is the bad, then Hird is the cause of that bad. Even worse is he told them on numerous occasions it would all be over.

I have never said WADA is bad and since about day 5 I have said Hird is an arrogant s***. All Im saying is the WADA appeal caused the form slump this year. The reason for the appeal was Dank and probably Hird so if you want to link it that way then you can.

By the way I don't think WADA did the wrong thing in appealing. I have never thought that.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Thanks Robbo.
Well yes - fair enough. But it did happen. And firstly he caused it. Secondly he told them it wouldn't happen. Remember how he was going to 'smash' ASADA in the Federal Crt and the whole thing would be over and ASADA would have to shut down? Slobbo and Connolly both pushed this view strongly.

The players have realised Hird was nothing but hot air. How can they trust him?
they cant that's why he is gone.... before that though he did a great job of creating an us vs them mentality he had the players drinking his kool aid believing they were fine and it was all just a witch hunt ... but like most things the wheel turns once WADA appealed it became clear to everyone (except Hird who wil denies it for the remainder of his life) that there must be something up for WADA to appeal.. suddenly the players don't feel so confident that they were given legal stuff.. hird loses cred and he loses the players trust

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Gone. Hopefully after the WADA hearing it all gets back to close to normal. Better for all footy fans.
Not me.

I want them at or near the bottom for 3 years and a long term pain/rebuild. It's the least those cheats deserve. Some teams need to bring up the rear.

What do you mean not me? You don't want footy back to normal? That's strange. If Essendon are on the bottom for 3 years that's a completely different thing.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Anyway. The question for us is, can the Bombers win two more games? The Dees should do the business this week. If the Bombers can get up twice we can get pick 4. Unlikely I know.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

I feel sory for the players honestly ... this whole year was a total waste for them because they put their faith in the guy that was meant to be the leader of them ... as a footy player you gotta buy in to the coached plan and philosophy but it became more and more evident that hird was in it for himself he didn't want his legacy tarnished he didn't care what it meant for the players he faked that he did care but in the end it was about him ...

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Anyway. The question for us is, can the Bombers win two more games? The Dees should do the business this week. If the Bombers can get up twice we can get pick 4. Unlikely I know.
Essendon wont win again this year...they will struggle to find a win in their intraclub match at this point... whoever takes over surley puts a line through chappy gwilt cooney.. possibly Carslie and Fletcher gets one more retirement game ... ill expect the bombers to field a very inexperienced side for the rest of the year

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Anyway. The question for us is, can the Bombers win two more games? The Dees should do the business this week. If the Bombers can get up twice we can get pick 4. Unlikely I know.
Essendon wont win again this year...they will struggle to find a win in their intraclub match at this point
You are probably right. Remember back in the old days when a coach got sacked the side would have an inspirational win the following week. Doesnt seem to work like that these days.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Essendon wont win again this year...they will struggle to find a win in their intraclub match at this point
You are probably right. Remember back in the old days when a coach got sacked the side would have an inspirational win the following week. Doesnt seem to work like that these days.
usually that was because players on the cusp played outside of themselves to save their career .. now days when a coach go's the planning turns to seeing what kids are good and what ones are not up to it ...

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Good f%$#ing riddance. Hope the door hits you on the way out you self indulgent yellow skinned muppet.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Good f%$#ing riddance. Hope the door hits you on the way out you self indulgent yellow skinned muppet.

and
won't somebody think of the children !

In red white and black from 73
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Hird still playing the victim card.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Hird still playing the victim card.

Who's to say he isnt the victim here? You and I will never know the truth.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Not me.

What do you mean not me? You don't want footy back to normal? That's strange. If Essendon are on the bottom for 3 years that's a completely different thing.
That's fine as long as you're happy with Essendon near the bottom all is cool. Some
Media types want a successful Essendon. No thanks in the short and medium term.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:

100% correct. Whatever is decided at the appeal still wont give us the truth. Im unsure what Hird could have actually said today that would please people.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

100% correct. Whatever is decided at the appeal still wont give us the truth. Im unsure what Hird could have actually said today that would please people.

He pleased me because despite all the idiotic ranting trying to pretend he didn't ask a bunch of guys to put their dicks in a blender before turning it on, he has finally fallen on his sword. 2 years to late is better than never. He over saw a disgraceful period and stubbornly adhered himself to the chair. He could have stood down and had the whole thing sorted years ago.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

He didn't fall on his sword… he drowned in his own reflection.

The guy was sacked, regardless of what the spin is.