Round 22 Adam Goodes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Re: Round 22 Adam Goodes

#gosaintas wrote:The righteous always have a righteous viewpoint. That's why they are righteous. They are normally wrong though.
Really cool to hear how you knew Robbie Hunter, Ruby and Archie. That's just a buzz for the forum. Who woulda thought...
Everyone's indigenous now, If you are 1% indigenous you can strut about and play the minority card. Did wonders for ATSIC...are you friends with Geoff Clarke?
Percentages don't exist in the Australian Indigenous world. No matter what your skin colour is, it's what is in your heart that counts. One either identifies or not.

Percentages belong to the slave trade, and should have died out with it.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:The righteous always have a righteous viewpoint. That's why they are righteous. They are normally wrong though.
Really cool to hear how you knew Robbie Hunter, Ruby and Archie. That's just a buzz for the forum. Who woulda thought...
Everyone's indigenous now, If you are 1% indigenous you can strut about and play the minority card. Did wonders for ATSIC...are you friends with Geoff Clarke?
What ever, I would love to see you spouting your racist crap to some of the people you are happy to trivialise. I can't believe how many pointless posts you have made in your 400 or so. Arseholes always have arsehole opinions but are rarely right. We are kind of the same after all.

Clayton Davis
Club Player

SuperDuper wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:Glad to see the mindhive has a target to vent their spleen at in me.

Must really upset them that a leftie has dared to put a mirror up to their self serving finger pointing sanctimonious faces.

Much easier to pidgeon hole and label when it is the usual enemy in Bolt and Divine (who are both raving loonies in my book - but hey the grouthinkers have spoken and labelled me a Bolt lover :D ).

Much easier to scream RACIST at everybody. Scrath the surface of many of these zealots and you will find a racist who hasn't come to terms with the fact that we all have racist tendencies, borne out by the fact that almost every non indigeneous Australian only pays lip service to the plight of our first Australians.

This outpouring will go the way of Kony and other Slacktivist issues. You all put on a big song and dance about caring and then forget, or try to forget about the appalling conditions for aborigines in our country.

But hey I've been backed into a corner according to one of the borg mindhive.

Apparently having a complex stance on this issue is too much for some who can only comprehend simple catchcrys and arguments.

Stan grant summed, up my views perfectly. Paraphrasing. You don't have to like Goodes, or like his politics or respect him, but it is a mark of a civilised society when a person feels humiliated and bullied and asks you to stop, that you be civil and stop.

I have been saying this for a week. I don't respect or like Goodes, I don't like his antics on the football field, I don't like his divisive "war dance" and his political grandstanding.

But I wont boo Adam Goodes and have never booed Adam Goodes. I wont give shelter to people who want to boo goods on the basis of the colour of his skin, or who want to humiliate or bully Goodes.

Goodes deserves not to be bullied, and EVERYONE should respect his wishes in this matter. It is just common decency.

At the same time, I wont be bullied by the finger pointers and the rabid zelotry of the impotent slacktivists on here or on other social media who think this is some sort of parlour game.

However like others on here or other social media platforms, I am not a victim. I find it incredibly sad for many of you that all you can do is to personalise this issue and label me. You arguments are facile while at the same time being febrile and didactic.

the hypocricy is astounding. You shout down, and drown out and label and bully but believe you are on a higher moral plane. Incredibly sad for you.

So ther eyou go, let the labelling commence, that's all you hypocrites have got.
On the contrary Bunk, aside from the parts where you label people who disagree with you (as lefties, finger pointers, labellers, sacrimonious, hypocrits, impotent slacktivists etc.), the actual part of the post where you stop ranting and actually give your opinion on the matter, is a legitimate stand and worthy contribution.
Sheeeiittt SuperD! Brother, you have my man Bunky down to a t!!! Or is thet down to a b? Heh, heh, heh. :lol:

So much worthiness to contreebeaut, but so much angst. Not shameful, just a shame.

A worthy work in progress though by mah reckoning, the Bunk. :D

Sheeeiiittt!

Warning: Press only in situations of extreme disbelief!
######### http://shiiiit.com/ #########
####### Image #######

About a simple man who was horrifically punished by
the powers that be for the terrible crime of trying to
bring light to the common people.

Clayton Davis
Club Player

bigcarlosis wrote:Be careful what you wish for . . .
Lance Armstrong, cancer survivor, cancer charity founder and seven time TDF champion would have loved to have the AFL in his corner.

If you remember Lance tried very hard to weld his persona/image to the anti cancer cause: criticize me and "you are obviously a hater,
you are pro cancer, you must want this horrible disease to take more of your family and friends"! Thus effectively placing himself beyond criticism.
Fortunately in Armstrong's case thinking people were able to distinguish between "the jock and his cause" and judge Armstrong according to the totality
of his behaviors.

In Adam Goodes case the "cause" has become indistinguishable from Goodes the man/footballer to the extent that now the AFL proclaim that to critcize/boo
Goodes you must be a racist holding anti indigenous views. To the AFL the "jock and his cause" have become one!
At least Lance Armstrong would be pleased!
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Sheeeiiittt!!! Shameful sheeeiiittt!!!

Being a paydofile is way bad enuff, but partner, are you now blowin' the whistle on the man also been a drugs cheeeiiittt!?!
Last edited by Clayton Davis on Tue 04 Aug 2015 11:38pm, edited 1 time in total.

####### Image #######

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Percentages don't exist in the Australian Indigenous world. No matter what your skin colour is, it's what is in your heart that counts. One either identifies or not.

“I will state flatly that the bulk of this country’s white population impresses me, and has so impressed me for a very long time, as being beyond any conceivable hope of moral rehabilitation. They have been white, if I may so put it, too long. They have been married to the lie of white supremacy too long. The effect in their personalities, their lives, their very grasp of realty, has been as devastating as the lava which so memorably immobilized the citizens of Pompeii. They are unable to conceive that their version of reality, which they want me to accept, is an insult to my history, a parody of theirs and an intolerable violation of myself.”

— James Baldwin

http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/08/04/ ... -disorder/

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Clayton Davis
Club Player

IanRush wrote:Your posts rock BigC.
Sheeeiiittt! :shock:

Big C!?!

Didn't he take over Marlowe's corners??? Mus be where thet der Gooooodes gets his drugz from. No wonda youalls know so much bout dis sheeeiiittt!

Hey Big C, partner. Just quietly on the side, if youall ever needs to invest some of youall's 'earnins', I know a few people connected in real estate here in Baltimore who would be most happy to accommodate youall. :wink:

####### Image #######

Clayton Davis
Club Player

jamesmc wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
citywest wrote:If I ever have the pleasure of watching him play again, I WILL BOO THE s*** OUT OF HIM.

Well that is just great. Good for you. By the way did you care at all about Milney being booed?
Didn't see Milney take a week off and threaten to quit.

I reckon he copped more s*** on and off the field for ten years compared to the last six weeks of booing that Goodes got.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Sheeeiiittt!!!

Modarators, please bring back da Joffapeople. One or both. Sheeeiiittt, it don't matter.

Weall been over run by straw men!

Has some kind folk got a match???

Sheeeiiittt!!!

####### Image #######

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

The OtherThommo wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

“I will state flatly that the bulk of this country’s white population impresses me, and has so impressed me for a very long time, as being beyond any conceivable hope of moral rehabilitation. They have been white, if I may so put it, too long. They have been married to the lie of white supremacy too long. The effect in their personalities, their lives, their very grasp of realty, has been as devastating as the lava which so memorably immobilized the citizens of Pompeii. They are unable to conceive that their version of reality, which they want me to accept, is an insult to my history, a parody of theirs and an intolerable violation of myself.”

— James Baldwin

Isn't it remarkable that to base sweeping, deeply insulting, generalisations of white people on nothing more than the colour of their skin is perfectly acceptable, but do the exact same thing to black people is the height of racism !!

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

jamesmc wrote:Didn't see Milney take a week off and threaten to quit.

I reckon he copped more s*** on and off the field for ten years compared to the last six weeks of booing that Goodes got.
Steven Milne missed 4 rounds in 2013 after he was charged with rape offences. He has said on numerous occasions how the whole matter (including comments from the crowd) affected him and his family, which is hardly surprising. The OP was probably all that was needed in this thread, it just took most people a while to come to the same conclusion.
Last edited by perfectionist on Wed 05 Aug 2015 1:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigcarlosis
Club Player

Clayton Davis wrote:

Big C!?!

Didn't he take over Marlowe's corners??? Mus be where thet der Gooooodes gets his drugz from. No wonda youalls know so much bout dis sheeeiiittt!

Hey Big C, partner. Just quietly on the side, if youall ever needs to invest some of youall's 'earnins', I know a few people connected in real estate here in Baltimore who would be most happy to accommodate youall. :wink:
A. Goodsey didn't get them big muscles from chuckin spears!

B. Sorry Son, my capital is all tied up in a plantation down Ol West Virginny!
Suggest you talk to Goodsey he always lookin to expand his property portolio.
OR
see if you can tap into the Governments Indigenous Housing budget allocation
get yourself a piece of that 1.3 BILLION they be spendin over the next 3 yrs!

Also . . are you Richard Pryor?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

— James Baldwin

Isn't it remarkable that to base sweeping, deeply insulting, generalisations of white people on nothing more than the colour of their skin is perfectly acceptable, but do the exact same thing to black people is the height of racism !!

Similar thoughts came to mind. Of course those comments would be seen by some as racist, because they are , in my opinion, racist.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
True Believer wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

— James Baldwin

Similar thoughts came to mind. Of course those comments would be seen by some as racist, because they are , in my opinion, racist.
I'm pretty sure this is from Baldwin's "The Fire Next Time" written in the 1960s during the Arfican American civil rights movement but some of you must have missed that whole slavery and racial segregation thing.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

SuperDuper wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:Glad to see the mindhive has a target to vent their spleen at in me.

Must really upset them that a leftie has dared to put a mirror up to their self serving finger pointing sanctimonious faces.

Much easier to pidgeon hole and label when it is the usual enemy in Bolt and Divine (who are both raving loonies in my book - but hey the grouthinkers have spoken and labelled me a Bolt lover :D ).

Much easier to scream RACIST at everybody. Scrath the surface of many of these zealots and you will find a racist who hasn't come to terms with the fact that we all have racist tendencies, borne out by the fact that almost every non indigeneous Australian only pays lip service to the plight of our first Australians.

This outpouring will go the way of Kony and other Slacktivist issues. You all put on a big song and dance about caring and then forget, or try to forget about the appalling conditions for aborigines in our country.

But hey I've been backed into a corner according to one of the borg mindhive.

Apparently having a complex stance on this issue is too much for some who can only comprehend simple catchcrys and arguments.

Stan grant summed, up my views perfectly. Paraphrasing. You don't have to like Goodes, or like his politics or respect him, but it is a mark of a civilised society when a person feels humiliated and bullied and asks you to stop, that you be civil and stop.

I have been saying this for a week. I don't respect or like Goodes, I don't like his antics on the football field, I don't like his divisive "war dance" and his political grandstanding.

But I wont boo Adam Goodes and have never booed Adam Goodes. I wont give shelter to people who want to boo goods on the basis of the colour of his skin, or who want to humiliate or bully Goodes.

Goodes deserves not to be bullied, and EVERYONE should respect his wishes in this matter. It is just common decency.

At the same time, I wont be bullied by the finger pointers and the rabid zelotry of the impotent slacktivists on here or on other social media who think this is some sort of parlour game.

However like others on here or other social media platforms, I am not a victim. I find it incredibly sad for many of you that all you can do is to personalise this issue and label me. You arguments are facile while at the same time being febrile and didactic.

the hypocricy is astounding. You shout down, and drown out and label and bully but believe you are on a higher moral plane. Incredibly sad for you.

So ther eyou go, let the labelling commence, that's all you hypocrites have got.
On the contrary Bunk, aside from the parts where you label people who disagree with you (as lefties, finger pointers, labellers, sacrimonious, hypocrits, impotent slacktivists etc.), the actual part of the post where you stop ranting and actually give your opinion on the matter, is a legitimate stand and worthy contribution.
Didn't label anybody in particular anything. It was not directed at anyone personally but the homogeneous mindhive. I certainly didn't label anyone at all a leftie, which would be rather bizarre as I am of that persuasion politically.

The point of the post is what you pointed out my opinion of the matter is legitimate, but doesn't matter how many times I make it, the close minded groupthinkers label me a racist, an Andrew Bolt supporter and numerous other finger pointing labels.

You are garbage - Enough said
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

SaintPav wrote:
saynta wrote:
True Believer wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

— James Baldwin

I'm pretty sure this is from Baldwin's "The Fire Next Time" written in the 1960s during the Arfican American civil rights movement but some of you must have missed that whole slavery and racial segregation thing.
Didn't miss the slavery thing (allow not sure how it is relevant in Australia), but doesn't invalidate the point - it's a gross generalisation based on nothing more than people's skin colour, from one persons point of view. Isn't that largely what underpins racism - condemning people to a stereotype based upon their race......???

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

Clayton Davis wrote:

Big C!?!

Plenty of sharks willing to invest in dodgy property deals down Baltimore way, no doubt! : )

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
saynta wrote:
True Believer wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

— James Baldwin

How patronising of you. I am well aware of America's history having studied it at college and having lived in the States for a time. it was a shameful period in their history and for which they will pay a price for generations to come. Has absolutely nothing to
do with this country though.

Now if you were to talk about the kanacks and indentured labour in our Queensland sugar plantations, I might listen to you.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

saynta wrote: Now if you were to talk about the kanacks and indentured labour in our Queensland sugar plantations, I might listen to you.
Disgraceful period in Australian history.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Clayton Davis
Club Player

bigcarlosis wrote:Also . . are you Richard Pryor?
:shock:

Sheeeiiittt partner!

Don't youall know thet mulltipeel nics are illigitimayte in these here parts???

And Clay been a man o da people, n for da people........................ would neva do nothin illigitimayte!

Sheeeiiittt!!!

####### Image #######

bigcarlosis
Club Player

Clayton Davis wrote:
bigcarlosis wrote:Also . . are you Richard Pryor?

Sheeeiiittt partner!

Don't youall know thet mulltipeel nics are illigitimayte in these here parts???

And Clay been a man o da people, n for da people........................ would neva do nothin illigitimayte!

Sheeeiiittt!!!

Clay! Bro, dude, ma nicca! Chill! Why is you always so . . er Wired??

SAAD
Club Player

Sydney Geelong walking out together this weekend according to SEN...

Enrico_Misso
Saintsational Legend
Location: Moorabbin Chapter of The Royal Society of Hagiographers

Way over the top.
It was appropriate when Phil Walsh was murdered.
But I don't think it is necessary for a player who feels a bit unloved!

The rest of Australia can wander mask-free, socialise, eat out, no curfews, no zoning, no police rings of steel, no illogical inconsistent rules. 
They can even WATCH LIVE FOOTY!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote:Way over the top.
It was appropriate when Phil Walsh was murdered.
But I don't think it is necessary for a player who feels a bit unloved!
Its predictable. Always going to happen.

But if it was us playing the Swines this week I wouldn't care as the crowd and hence money to the club would be well up on forecast. Fortunately we play Sydney in a few weeks and there should hopefully still be a bit of Goodes hype to make the turnstiles tick over! Plenty of Mebourne based Swine fans won't get in or make it down to the Cattery this week and will be keen to see their hero in his next game in Victoria which is against us.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Clayton Davis
Club Player

bigcarlosis wrote: Clay! Bro, dude, ma nicca! Chill! Why is you always so . . er Wired??

Wired??????

Sheeeiiittt!!! Da Feds again???

Thanks for da teeiiip-off, partner.

####### Image #######

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Enough with the sheeiiitttt !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

LTN16 wrote:Enough with the sheeiiitttt !!

First time I have agreed with you on this thread.