Is a touch-up on the cards vs. Port?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Is a touch-up on the cards vs. Port?

Believe it or not we are playing a game of footy this Sunday.

Time to <edited by mods> talk about our game.

With Roo and Gilbo out, and coming off an 83 tackle game, our boys are due to have a big let down.
When you also factor in Maddie's match the week before, everything points to a lower pressure applied scenario from the Saints.

Pressure footy and turnovers is our biggest asset this year, and if that's down say 20 to 30% on normal a decent size loss is likely.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Re: Is a touch-up on the cards vs. Port?

ffs

:roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Believe it or not we are playing a game of footy this Sunday.

Time to get the monkey off our back and talk about our game.

With Roo and Gilbo out, and coming off an 83 tackle game, our boys are due to have a big let down.
When you also factor in Maddie's match the week before, everything points to a lower pressure applied scenario from the Saints.

Pressure footy and turnovers is our biggest asset this year, and if that's down say 20 to 30% on normal a decent size loss is likely.

You really have a shocking sense of humour and all you do is get dickheads like me commenting. Fair dinkum. You will never get it. Ever. Form suggests you could easily have racial tendencies.
Last edited by plugger66 on Fri 31 Jul 2015 8:56am, edited 1 time in total.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

im glad you said something of substance plugger because i really couldnt be assed myself

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:im glad you said something of substance plugger because i really couldnt be assed myself
Gee, hope you guys aren't so super-sensitive when you are having a beer and a joke with your mates!

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

...somebody's glass is half empty...

Port are not exactly setting the world on fire, they barely managed to get by Essendon last week, the same team we smashed a couple of weeks ago..

I'm actually quite excited to see the continued development of our young players, especially Paddy and Hugh, and the ongiong development of so many others.

...I wonder what the Port fans are thinking.....I'll bet they're not confident...they may even be worried that they'll get touched up....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:
matrix wrote:im glad you said something of substance plugger because i really couldnt be assed myself
Gee, hope you guys aren't so super-sensitive when you are having a beer and a joke with your mates!

If and its a big if I said that to a mate I wouldn't yell it out for all to hear. Its rubbish and not needed on this site. If it is so funny then get on the radio and say it today or better still go up to an indigenous player and say it. We don't need it at the moment.

Its so funny mentioning monkey.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Believe it or not we are playing a game of footy this Sunday.

You really have a shocking sense of humour and all you do is get dickheads like me commenting. Fair dinkum. You will never get it. Ever. Form suggests you could easily have racial tendencies.
When all is said and done who cares if he has racial tendencies? Why is it you always feel the need to point out everyone's perceived shortcomings?
Who appointed you forum Nanna?

You're not going to change anyone's mind so do us all a favour and let a few slide. Ignore the obvious poor attempts at humour and talk about the topic.

Please.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Now...Taking my own advice, and answering the topic...
We have been totally uncompetitive (except for the first Essendon game) when Roo hasn't played this season so I expect us to be easily beaten this week.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

When all is said and done who cares if he has racial tendencies? Why is it you always feel the need to point out everyone's perceived shortcomings?

You're not going to change anyone's mind so do us all a favour and let a few slide. Ignore the obvious poor attempts at humour and talk about the topic.

Please.

Put me on ignore because you pleading for me to stop isn't going to change my mind as to what I quote and speak on. I don't like it on a forum I can read so I will comment. As I said it was always going to get dickheads like me commenting. If he wanted to talk on the topic then leave that crap for some other forum like the crap forum.

On topic anyway I would suggest our side suggests we will well and truly get a touch up this week. And if Armo misses as a couple of suggested I think we will do well to stay in the game for as long as we can. I just don't want a blow out. We haven't had one since the pies games I think.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Put me on ignore because you pleading for me to stop isn't going to change my mind as to what I quote and speak on. I don't like it on a forum I can read so I will comment. As I said it was always going to get dickheads like me commenting. If he wanted to talk on the topic then leave that crap for some other forum like the crap forum.

On topic anyway I would suggest our side suggests we will well and truly get a touch up this week. And if Armo misses as a couple of suggested I think we will do well to stay in the game for as long as we can. I just don't want a blow out. We haven't had one since the pies games I think.
I'm not going to put you on ignore because, when you are not picking on everyone else, you have some worthwhile opinions on footy and I enjoy our debates about football issues. Maybe you should take your own advice and stick some of your regular sparring partners on ignore...that's up to you but don't dish out advice you're not willing to take.

I've missed the info on Armo missing a few...can you enlighten me?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Put me on ignore because you pleading for me to stop isn't going to change my mind as to what I quote and speak on. I don't like it on a forum I can read so I will comment. As I said it was always going to get dickheads like me commenting. If he wanted to talk on the topic then leave that crap for some other forum like the crap forum.

I'm not going to put you on ignore because, when you are not picking on everyone else, you have some worthwhile opinions on footy and I enjoy our debates about football issues. Maybe you should take your own advice and stick some of your regular sparring partners on ignore...that's up to you but don't dish out advice you're not willing to take.

I've missed the info on Armo missing a few...can you enlighten me?

Tony74 suggested him and Schneider could be in trouble. He did cop a knock last week and went off for a while but then finished the game. You would hope he isn't going to miss through injury and then they go and rest Lonie. You would think you would stagger the rest if Armo was going to miss. And no ignore for me. I love reading all opinions.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Please.

Instead of targeting the pathetic original post you complain about someone else calling it out.

Pretty stupid.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Always been a s*** poster and always will.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Please.
Instead of targeting the pathetic original post you complain about someone else calling it out.

Pretty stupid.
Thanks for getting personal...Love it when that happens.
I don't care enough about the one stupid line in the post to try and "fix" someone's behaviour. It was, most likely, an attempt at humour that wasn't funny...It is better off being ignored in the hope that if nobody reacts it will stop.

The rest of the post warrants discussion and that's what we should do...And we have done.

Too many people "playing the man" here. I only suggested that plugger66 address the issue and not the poster...Not that it's any business of yours because, as you could see, p66 and I had both moved on from that side issue...but thanks for flogging the dead horse...Maybe you should head to Melbourne Museum...There's a very famous dead horse there that you could flog if you ever get tired of doing it here.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

I get it because the focus has been on Adam Goodes and racism and much talk revolved around the racist "ape" comment, saintspremiers decided to be clever with words and associated the saying "monkey off the back"

Gee that's witty, I wish we had more racist inferences about Adam Goodes.

Cant wait for the OP to feign surprise and innocence.

You are garbage - Enough said
noddy04
Club Player

Before Roo and Gilbo and Lonie were out i thought we would win by 94 points...going on that we beat essendon by 110 points and port only beat them by 16 which is a 94 point deficit. BUT now it looks like armo and schneids may be out we may get done (hopefully not) We havent won in Adelaide for quite awhile :cry: :(

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

noddy04 wrote:Before Roo and Gilbo and Lonie were out i thought we would win by 94 points...going on that we beat essendon by 110 points and port only beat them by 16 which is a 94 point deficit. BUT now it looks like armo and schneids may be out we may get done (hopefully not) We havent won in Adelaide for quite awhile :cry: :(
Does that bring our winning margin back to 44 points? :D :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

What a jerk.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Classy.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
FQF
SS Life Member

Time for Bruce to step up again. If he's as quiet as he has been the last few weeks then we'll be in trouble. Alternatively, Paddy could kick a bag... Second alternative, if Ports forwards are under control, Hugh might swing forward and stretch their defence.

Possibilities...

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

noddy04 wrote:Before Roo and Gilbo and Lonie were out i thought we would win by 94 points...going on that we beat essendon by 110 points and port only beat them by 16 which is a 94 point deficit. BUT now it looks like armo and schneids may be out we may get done (hopefully not) We havent won in Adelaide for quite awhile :cry: :(
Not since Round 16, 2011.

We've never won at Adelaide Oval and we have an average losing margin of 65 points there.

We also haven't won without Riewoldt since Round 23, 2012.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Does that bring our winning margin back to 44 points? :D :wink: !!
Port only beat the cheats by a point I think. Lol

Clayton Davis
Club Player

:shock:

Sheeeiiittt, Daniel man!!!

I likes ya sense o whomore mostly. I don't wan ya thown outta here nor outta da racin industree.

But sheeeiiittt partner, your monkey and orang utang sewshell media work needs some polishin up. http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/ ... io3xr.html

Now go n hit that there big red button.

Sheeeiiittt!!!

Warning: Press only in situations of extreme disbelief!
######### http://shiiiit.com/ #########
####### Image #######

About a simple man who was horrifically punished by
the powers that be for the terrible crime of trying to
bring light to the common people.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Please.

Pretty stupid.

Instead of targeting the pathetic original post you complain about someone complaining about someone else calling it out.

Pretty stupid.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post