Round 22 Adam Goodes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Round 22 Adam Goodes

bigcarlosis wrote:Boethius has a say . .
This correspondent has had a fair bit to say on the Adam Goodes booing controversy, most of it self confessed satirical tosh designed to mock the do-gooders who would tell a stadium full of Australians how to behave, and would do well to take a crash course in Crowd Psychology 101 (Boethius recommends the AFL commission acquaint themselves with the classic 1896 work of Gustave le Bon on the psychology and sociology of crowds if for no other purpose, than to appreciate their own clientele and grasp why lecturing crowds on social niceties is not a clever move).

http://www.xyz.net.au/on-hurt-feelings- ... ntroversy/

and Nathan comments . . . .

Nathan July 29, 2015 at 7:30 pm
Yep!
The big player in this is the AFL, for a long while playing their left wing social engineering, highlighted with playing ball with the then Gillard Labor govt trying to distract from accusations of her dishonest and illegal behaviour by accusing not just the AFL but all Australian sport of dishonesty and cheating, making a spectacle of Australia to the whole world. What became of that?
Here again, so anxious to propagate their PC, interrogate the 13 year old without her parent present and yes, parade her before the world. Goodes reaction should have been immediately to accept that he over-reacted because of past racist attacks, that he’s sorry that she copped it and ‘lets leave her out of it’. He could have then shared his story and many would have been onside. But he and the AFL had little concern about the impact on this young girl rather seeing his own hurt as the much bigger issue despite the fact that he is a grown adult, a very successful and well paid sportsman, probably a pin-up on a lot of young lads walls, well respected amongst his peers. He played the victim card and got the pay-off. The AFL should be ashamed of itself. It manufactured this. Why was Goodes not disciplined and fined for aggressive actions to the crowd like every other player and coach? Why is he given such a free pass?
The hypocrisy is why people are upset.

Yep that's cut and pasting. What do you think? Seriously how does politics get involved. Nathan sounds like a genuine no idea person.

Austinnn
Club Player

By the way, if anyone is tempted to think, like our resident Karl Pilkington does, that because I grew up in England and now live in France, my opinion about anything in Australia is worthless, in my defence may I add that I lived in Australia for 14 years, great years, and Melbourne for 8. I have travelled around the country, though not as much as I'd like.

I went to uni and had many jobs and a great social life there. My parents and brothers all still live there, and I have many Australians who I count among my closest friends both there and overseas. I am an Australian citizen and a Saints member, so is my son. I consider myself to be British Australian.

While there and since, I have learned many things about the country, talked to many people and saw many things first hand. I have formed opinions, just like anyone would, based on those experiences. Like any place, there are good things and bad things, no better or worse than anywhere else, just different. I think the relationship Australia has with its aboriginal community is shameful and tragic, intensely interesting and inspirational at different times. The fact that there is an Aboriginal Round in the AFL season is just great, or tokenistic, or even damaging as it fools us into thinking that everything is OK now. Some people want everything swept under the carpet or dealt with slowly and feebly in the correct channels of authority, and that's ONE of the reasons why Goodes is disliked.

I still love Australia, consider it a home, and plan on returning with my family. (Sorry, immigrant haters!)

I hope that JigglingSaint, evertonfc and all the other poms, immigrants or Aussies living abroad don't get told that their views on Australia are worthless,

...but just like any other country, if you just say good things people are happy to take your compliments but just try and criticise to see what they really think of you.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Who cares where anyone is from? Unfortunately there are fruitloops who do. My parents are from Iraq and I was born in Siberia but that shouldn't matter.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
Just a small example. My son and his mates all love football and three of them are the best in their age group. They have never played on the MCG. The two young part indiginous boys that are average at best play 2 or three times a year have been to AFL coaching clinics. Is this fair? Why shouldnt my son be treated the same.

No idea. Have the courage to speak to the relevant people. No idea what that has to do with discussion at all.
I might suggest the powers that be dont want someone screaming abuse at umpires in an auskick game
Haha nice one!!

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
bigcarlosis
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Yep that's cut and pasting. What do you think? Seriously how does politics get involved. Nathan sounds like a genuine no idea person.
You already know what I think! Does "bed wetting moron" ring a bell??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarlosis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Only if I could see you in a mirror. At least you got off that other thread. Still not sure who you follow though. You seem like a wonderful human.

bigcarlosis
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarlosis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Only if I could see you in a mirror. At least you got off that other thread. Still not sure who you follow though. You seem like a wonderful human.
At 4'10" most mirrors would out of your reach! Can you see over the counter at the local KFC?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarlosis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarlosis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

At 4'10" most mirrors would out of your reach! Can you see over the counter at the local KFC?

Yes. As I said you seem like a wonderful person. I wish I could be like your ex.

bigcarlosis
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarlosis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarlosis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yes. As I said you seem like a wonderful person. I wish I could be like your ex.
Give her my regards next time she sells you a pie at Gunn Reserve!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:By the way, if anyone is tempted to think, like our resident Karl Pilkington does, that because I grew up in England and now live in France, my opinion about anything in Australia is worthless, in my defence may I add that I lived in Australia for 14 years, great years, and Melbourne for 8. I have travelled around the country, though not as much as I'd like.

I went to uni and had many jobs and a great social life there. My parents and brothers all still live there, and I have many Australians who I count among my closest friends both there and overseas. I am an Australian citizen and a Saints member, so is my son. I consider myself to be British Australian.

While there and since, I have learned many things about the country, talked to many people and saw many things first hand. I have formed opinions, just like anyone would, based on those experiences. Like any place, there are good things and bad things, no better or worse than anywhere else, just different. I think the relationship Australia has with its aboriginal community is shameful and tragic, intensely interesting and inspirational at different times. The fact that there is an Aboriginal Round in the AFL season is just great, or tokenistic, or even damaging as it fools us into thinking that everything is OK now. Some people want everything swept under the carpet or dealt with slowly and feebly in the correct channels of authority, and that's ONE of the reasons why Goodes is disliked.

I still love Australia, consider it a home, and plan on returning with my family. (Sorry, immigrant haters!)

I hope that JigglingSaint, evertonfc and all the other poms, immigrants or Aussies living abroad don't get told that their views on Australia are worthless,

...but just like any other country, if you just say good things people are happy to take your compliments but just try and criticise to see what they really think of you.
You don't want to know what I really think of you.Your last sentence is pure crap and racist even. Anyway, I disliked you long before I discovered that you didn't live here,mainly because I had no respect for you or your opinions.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Austinnn wrote:By the way, if anyone is tempted to think, like our resident Karl Pilkington does, that because I grew up in England and now live in France, my opinion about anything in Australia is worthless, in my defence may I add that I lived in Australia for 14 years, great years, and Melbourne for 8. I have travelled around the country, though not as much as I'd like.

You don't want to know what I really think of you.Your last sentence is pure crap and racist even. Anyway, I disliked you long before I discovered that you didn't live here,mainly because I had no respect for you or your opinions.

You really are all class. And a hypocrite.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

you seem to get the best out of people Pluggs :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:you seem to get the best out of people Pluggs :)

Well the ones who I rate I get the most out of. The others I couldn't give a rats ring about. And I don't go searching for others who agree with me. I have enough confidence to know and not know flogs. And you really hurt me. Not. Have a good night.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:you seem to get the best out of people Pluggs :)

Well the ones who I rate I get the most out of. The others I couldn't give a rats ring about. And I don't go searching for others who agree with me. I have enough confidence to know and not know flogs. And you really hurt me. Not. Have a good night.
Glad I didn't hurt you plugs it wasn't my intention. How do I Go in your ratings

Austinnn
Club Player

saynta wrote:You don't want to know what I really think of you.Your last sentence is pure crap and racist even. Anyway, I disliked you long before I discovered that you didn't live here,mainly because I had no respect for you or your opinions.
You know something saynta? You are a f****** fool, a fair dinkum idiot. You know that proverb about the wise man pointing at the moon and the fool looking at his finger? That's you, the nong looking at the fingers of the other people on this forum. If we were in a pub chatting, you'd be the guy that when he talks everyone just quietly laughs into their beers or kind of tries to ignore.

You go and report me you sad petty piece of s***, I don't care if I get banned for it either, it'll force me off this forum which would probably suit everyone, including me.

You haven't expressed one opinion in any thread which isn't based on you misunderstanding a key element of whatever you're reacting to. I could easily find examples but who really gives a s***. Everyone knows it.

I've been kind to you previously because you just seemed a bit simple which isn't a crime, and i was trying to rise above, but I just can't. I put you on ignore weeks ago, but somehow I always end up seeing your brain dead comments quoted somewhere.

I won't have your continued insults and sniping to try and counter your transparent insecurity at being a bit stupid. Yes, I am talking down to you cos you are a gormless idiot lucky enough to have equal standing on an anonymous forum.

As a final gesture let me respond to your second sentence. I said, talking about Australia, "but just like any other country, if you just say good things people are happy to take your compliments but just try and criticise to see what they really think of you." That's pure crap is it? You just recently proved it isn't YOURSELF, and sadly you are not unique. That's my experience, who the hell are you to tell me that's not real. Ask anyone who has any kind of similar experience, they'll tell you the same.

Racist? Australia is NOT a race, dipshit. AND When I say "just like any other country", its not cos I love typing, its so I don't get imbeciles like you saying "that's racist" - just how foolproof do I have to make a sentence to stop you misunderstanding it?

If you are a troll pretending to be a moron to get a rise out of me congratulations. If you really are this stupid, then its a wonder you survived adolescence.

You are damn right about only one thing, I don't want to know what you think of me. In fact I don't want to know what you think, full stop. I put you on ignore, please do the courtesy of returning the favour. I have never reported you until now because I thought I was bigger. I am disgusted at myself reacting to such mindless annoyances, but there you go.

I've been kind to you in this post, I could have said things not just related to your clear and undeniable lack of intelligence that would get me banned instantly and shunned by all, but they would have been a lot funnier.

I much much preferred stinger, bring that guy back, this version is a deadset loser.

<warning for abuse>

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:
True Believer wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
satchmo wrote:
True Believer wrote:I'd rather leave the final word on this to a very eloquent aboriginal man called Dallas Scott:

http://theblacksteamtrain.blogspot.com. ... ol-of.html

Didn't anyone else read this?

Very powerful stuff. Great to hear from the more relevant perspective at last.

I heard Nova Peris. She said nothing like that. She seems pretty relevant to me.
Right - so an opinion from a full-blood aboriginal man, about purported racism towards a part aboriginal footballer, is to be dismissed out of hand because it doesn't conform to the prevailing orthodoxy being sought by the wailing classes......
The wailing classes: good one. Just like Johnny Howard's chattering classes for all dissenters. How about we call each other names cos that's the way forward. Just one to the keepers of the status quo there.

Everyone of all opinions can find someone more respected and eloquent to support their view.

I read this the article Satchmo linked to. I can see his point, that's his opinion. I agree with some bits, not with others.

But making his opinion gospel just because he is an aboriginal is just like saying all Aboriginal people feel the same, want the same, identify with aboriginality the same, identify with aussieness the same, essentially are the same.

Just like saying that Alan Jones and I want the same and feel the same because we're both white.

In other words, its racist!

So everyone can find an aboriginal voice to support their own views - loads of Aboriginal people don't give 2 s***s about land rights either, and are happy to mine the f*** out of their ancestors' land.

Back to Adam Goodes - a pampered prince perhaps but you keyboard warriors decrying him as a softcock will probably never get to feel how he felt or is feeling, living nice and safe in Australian suburbs and cities.

When you're booing him as is your freedom in a nice big stadium built on the back of players such as him, think of yourselves and your ancestors being treated like a mixture of animals and deviants just for being you.

The closest a white Australian could ever get to that experience is maybe moving to Saudi Arabia or Pakistan, but then you are not a native of the land do its still not quite as hurtful.
We actually have quite a few conservative Aboriginal voices in Australia for some reason. Patrick and Mick Dodson are both fantastic but guys like Noel Person have a real resistance to pushing for real change. Pearson would have the constitution having a photo copy stapled to the back of it and is famous for telling his people to get over the past.

I was at my kids school performance tonight and they had different cultural dances. My kid did some Aboriginal dancing to a didgeridoo recording then the Kiwi kids black and white got on and did a haka. They did it with national pride and it's powerful and a great sense of pride. It is sadly lacking in Indigenous Australian culture.

Stan Grant did a great piece that sums up the experience of the Indigenous people I know. My cousin can remember a joke going around his school that was big in the 1980s that went why do they call abos boongs....because thats the noise they make hitting the bulbar. That's what value he saw put on his heritage and that's just the most traumatic one.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... as-felt-it

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:
saynta wrote:You don't want to know what I really think of you.Your last sentence is pure crap and racist even. Anyway, I disliked you long before I discovered that you didn't live here,mainly because I had no respect for you or your opinions.
You know something saynta? You are a f****** fool, a fair dinkum idiot. You know that proverb about the wise man pointing at the moon and the fool looking at his finger? That's you, the nong looking at the fingers of the other people on this forum. If we were in a pub chatting, you'd be the guy that when he talks everyone just quietly laughs into their beers or kind of tries to ignore.

You go and report me you sad petty piece of s***, I don't care if I get banned for it either, it'll force me off this forum which would probably suit everyone, including me.

You haven't expressed one opinion in any thread which isn't based on you misunderstanding a key element of whatever you're reacting to. I could easily find examples but who really gives a s***. Everyone knows it.

I've been kind to you previously because you just seemed a bit simple which isn't a crime, and i was trying to rise above, but I just can't. I put you on ignore weeks ago, but somehow I always end up seeing your brain dead comments quoted somewhere.

I won't have your continued insults and sniping to try and counter your transparent insecurity at being a bit stupid. Yes, I am talking down to you cos you are a gormless idiot lucky enough to have equal standing on an anonymous forum.

As a final gesture let me respond to your second sentence. I said, talking about Australia, "but just like any other country, if you just say good things people are happy to take your compliments but just try and criticise to see what they really think of you." That's pure crap is it? You just recently proved it isn't YOURSELF, and sadly you are not unique. That's my experience, who the hell are you to tell me that's not real. Ask anyone who has any kind of similar experience, they'll tell you the same.

Racist? Australia is NOT a race, dipshit. AND When I say "just like any other country", its not cos I love typing, its so I don't get imbeciles like you saying "that's racist" - just how foolproof do I have to make a sentence to stop you misunderstanding it?

If you are a troll pretending to be a moron to get a rise out of me congratulations. If you really are this stupid, then its a wonder you survived adolescence.

You are damn right about only one thing, I don't want to know what you think of me. In fact I don't want to know what you think, full stop. I put you on ignore, please do the courtesy of returning the favour. I have never reported you until now because I thought I was bigger. I am disgusted at myself reacting to such mindless annoyances, but there you go.

I've been kind to you in this post, I could have said things not just related to your clear and undeniable lack of intelligence that would get me banned instantly and shunned by all, but they would have been a lot funnier.

I much much preferred stinger, bring that guy back, this version is a deadset loser.
That must have felt good. I'll by you a beer when you make it back Austinn.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

This is obviously an emotive subject. But I think that this discussion needs to happen. It is the only good thing to come out of this.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
asiu
Saintsational Legend

...it'll force me off this forum which would probably suit everyone, ...
i doubt that statement has a shred of reality about it.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

... it'll force me off this forum which would probably suit no one, including me.
in fact , if it had of read that
i could of just gone

+1

ffs Austinnn , stop making things so hard around here.
Bloody Poms !!

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
stjay
Club Player

WindSister wrote:
So given the absolutist are now at war here, it's either un-Australian if you boo, or un-Australian if you're not allowed to and don't. 
In short, it's going really well.
divide and conquer
divide and conquer
divide and conquer
ad infinitum
divide and conquer
divide and conquer
divide and conquer
ad nauseum

there's always 3 sides to every story ,
with two using the divide and conquer routine

Scary stuff.

'n the people play along , using the same technique , on each other.

Divided 'n Conquered we fall.
You are bang on the money here - seeing it for exactly what it is.
A rare piece of wisdom on this forum. Bravo.

ace
Saintsational Legend

I often boo when opposition teams run through their banner.

If boo when Sydney runs through their banner will that be racist.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Austinnn
Club Player

ace wrote:I often boo when opposition teams run through their banner.

If boo when Sydney runs through their banner will that be racist.
Of course not. Are you seriously suggesting people can't tell the difference?

That's the problem, we've made it all about booing. Maybe if Josh Bruce kicks a goal and someone yells "Bruuuuuce", if Adam Goodes is on the field do you honestly think he'll get upset? (Apart from because his team just got scored against?)

It's simple, if supporters show Goodes the normal amount of respect they would show any other player, the rest will take care of itself. I'm sure not even Adam Goodes minds normal booing.

But keep making it about booing, that way you can play the victim. Nice.

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Great article by Tracey Holmes. Sums it up very well.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-30/h ... tion=sport

ace
Saintsational Legend

When Adam Goodes started playing he was not booed like this.
Has anyone found the witch that waved a magic wand and suddenly turned non racist supporters of many clubs into horrendous racists.
Or does anyone know of anything that Adam Goodes may have done that would make fans boo at him.

Why doesn't buddy Franklin cop the same amount of booing, what about Jetta (up to last weekend).
Don't these racist supporters realise that Franklin and Jetta are indigenous too, are they colour blind.

Why did these opposition supporters not give it to the Clarke brothers.
Did the witch only make supporters racist against Adam Goodes.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.