Who agrees with this?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Who agrees with this?

SaintPav wrote:When was the club ever offered pick 4 and pick 7 for our pick 1?

I thought that the Saints refuted that this offer ever took place.
it's called journalistic licence

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Our List was better than Geelongs when Thomas made that call. Geelong had help with the gift of Selwood in 2006.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Melbourne may be in a better place than the Saints.

It may be the same better place that Jimmy Hird thinks he's in.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

we have clearly moved ahead of Melb and not far behind the dogs

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:we have clearly moved ahead of Melb and not far behind the dogs

The problem for the Dogs is again the key position players. Also dont down play the arrival of a new coach and the one year burst that this can generate to struggling AFL players.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

For me we are really in actual year one of the process, last season was the final part of weeding out old heads and players not up to it and brining in talent.

For the fact that our performance has far surpassed expectations this season while Paddy Mccartin and Hugh Goddard haven't played more than 5 games each, Jack Billings has missed vital time and Lonie and Sinclair have proved to be great surprises, we really are in good shape going forward.

Melbourne look to have a nice young midfield also, but despite flashes, they seemingly just aren't progressing with a lot of guys that have been in the system a lot longer than ours.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
stjay
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:
stjay wrote:I am stoked at how many wins we've got so far this year but when Rooey's our best for the day and we haven't won without him I think we are overrating where we are at in the rebuild.
Take him out of the equation and we are going to struggle to win a game, our forward line is easily shut down.
Hope I'm wrong but I think next year we will be around the same level.
I hope you're wrong but yours is just an opinion. Sorry but they don't mean much.
Same could be said for 95% of the content here although at least I have backed mine with one fact.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

stjay wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
stjay wrote:I am stoked at how many wins we've got so far this year but when Rooey's our best for the day and we haven't won without him I think we are overrating where we are at in the rebuild.
Take him out of the equation and we are going to struggle to win a game, our forward line is easily shut down.
I hope you're wrong but yours is just an opinion. Sorry but they don't mean much.
Same could be said for 95% of the content here although at least I have backed mine with one fact.
Of course.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:
saynta wrote:
Toy Saint wrote:The Geelong players developed big hard bodies, just like Bomber Thompson suggested Essendon needs to be a top side.

Probably with some artificial help.
Absolutely no doubt about that!

I would think there is huge doubt.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

It was 1 & 21 for 4 & 7... so would anyone here trade Paddy & Hugh for at Pickett & Ahern?

Yeah Jakey, that would have put us right up with the powerhouse Demons

gringo
Saintsational Legend

stjay wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:

I thought we won with Rooey missing earlier in the season?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

not this year

JimmyOne

Lol 9 things we learnt on the afl website disagrees

"The Saints are ahead of the Demons in the rebuilding race
For the second time in six weeks the Saints got the better of the Demons, but this time the margin was a more emphatic 37 points. It wasn't a pretty performance by either team but the Saints executing the fundamentals better proved the difference. Paul Roos admitted after the match that the Saints were a more consistent side when it came to the contest and tackling, and for two teams on the same number of wins pre-match and considered to be on an even keel in terms of rebuilding, it's fair to say Alan Richardson's men have made more in-roads on their long-term plan this year than the Demons have.."

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:C'mon guys, no need to sook. Melbourne's list is obviously better placed than ours. Hopefully it won't be the case in a couple of years but it is now.

The reason we beat them well is because our veterans are better. The oldest eight players on the ground were: Fisher, Riewoldt, Cross, Montagna, Dempster, Schneider, Vince, Gilbert. Most of them ours and most of them in our best players. So let's not get too excited about our kids yet - yes, Paddy was good and I liked Newnesy's game as well. But the rest were just serviceable.

Here's the potential two midfields in 2018:

Armitage, Steven, Newnes, Weller, Ross, Dunstan, Billings, Sinclair, Acres, McKenzie
vs
Jones, Trengove, Tyson, Viney, Toumpas, Salem, Brayshaw, Stretch, Neal-Bullen, Petracca

Any unbiased observer would pick the group with Brayshaw, Petracca, Viney, Tyson etc. I like our guys and think they have good potential, but:

- Newnes is playing well but not winning games off his own boot yet - solid B-grader right now
- Weller is better as a half-foward or tagger than as an attacking mid
- Ross is playing for Sandy
- Dunstan's having an underwhelming second season
- Billings has a long-term injury (though I think he'll be a star if he stays fit)
- Sinclair has mainly played as a small forward (though mostly mid yesterday)
- Acres is playing for Sandy
- McKenzie is playing for Sandy

There are very few certainties there, and that's what Niall as a neutral observer is commenting on.
spot on Berg totally saw it that way too - gee some precious souls on here....
Melbs list for AGrade talent is ahead of our speculative list for sure
We are short on AGrade talent - simple
Midfield is 1 paced with no bona fide star right now
we are beinh heavily subsidized by ageing players right now......their output will drop in 18mths and we'll see.,,

“Yeah….nah””
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
bergholt wrote:C'mon guys, no need to sook. Melbourne's list is obviously better placed than ours. Hopefully it won't be the case in a couple of years but it is now.

The reason we beat them well is because our veterans are better. The oldest eight players on the ground were: Fisher, Riewoldt, Cross, Montagna, Dempster, Schneider, Vince, Gilbert. Most of them ours and most of them in our best players. So let's not get too excited about our kids yet - yes, Paddy was good and I liked Newnesy's game as well. But the rest were just serviceable.

Armitage, Steven, Newnes, Weller, Ross, Dunstan, Billings, Sinclair, Acres, McKenzie
vs
Jones, Trengove, Tyson, Viney, Toumpas, Salem, Brayshaw, Stretch, Neal-Bullen, Petracca

Any unbiased observer would pick the group with Brayshaw, Petracca, Viney, Tyson etc. I like our guys and think they have good potential, but:

- Newnes is playing well but not winning games off his own boot yet - solid B-grader right now
- Billings has a long-term injury (though I think he'll be a star if he stays fit)

There are very few certainties there, and that's what Niall as a neutral observer is commenting on.
we are beinh heavily subsidized by ageing players right now......their output will drop in 18mths and we'll see.,,
Fair calls. Way too early for comparisons as our transition has only really just started. They have been 'rebuilding' for 7 years. The Demons had pick 1 in both 08 and 09.

It was argued on here but we probably should have started our rebuild earlier - 2011 - if we were being realistic - but cuddles was talking juggernauts in 2012, so we didn't really face up to the full rebuild until 2013.

We might not improve so much next year as some vets drop off but Id still rather be us than the Dees. They do worry me.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

vs

Yes we are short of A grade talent. I think we all know that. What pick do you need to get A grade talent Teffers? And how many of these picks do we need? Is one enough? Will you barrack next year? Now my dog could answer all these questions. Im guessing you will answer none but Im guessing you will get personal. maybe your mate Firey might join in.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:

It was 1 & 21 for 4 & 7... so would anyone here trade Paddy & Hugh for at Pickett & Ahern?

Yeah Jakey, that would have put us right up with the powerhouse Demons
It was too. You are spot on.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
stjay wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:

I thought we won with Rooey missing earlier in the season?
We won the one where he got knocked out.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:

vs

Yes we are short of A grade talent. I think we all know that. What pick do you need to get A grade talent Teffers? And how many of these picks do we need? Is one enough? Will you barrack next year? Now my dog could answer all these questions. Im guessing you will answer none but Im guessing you will get personal. maybe your mate Firey might join in.
You really are obnoxious, aren't you plugger. Read your post again if you don't believe me. You are a bully and no better than the bullies booing Goodes. You need to take a long hard look at yourself.

You certainly take some of the enjoyment out of being a member of this forum.

You are a disruptive poster and I for the life of me can't understand why the mods haven't come down on you harder.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
You really are obnoxious, aren't you plugger. Read your post again if you don't believe me. You are a bully and no better than the bullies booing Goodes. You need to take a long hard look at yourself.

You are a disruptive poster and I for the life of me can't understand why the mods haven't come down on you harder.
Wow. I ask simple questions but you have a personal go at me and you aren't even involved. I suggest you look in the mirror. I have a nail file smarter than your post. And we have seen how disruptive you have been for years. You even changed your name through embarrassment. Now go give yourself a good spanking. You could use it.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:

Wow. I ask simple questions but you have a personal go at me and you aren't even involved. I suggest you look in the mirror. I have a nail file smarter than your post. And we have seen how disruptive you have been for years. You even changed your name through embarrassment. Now go give yourself a good spanking. You could use it.
That's crap and you are well aware by now, or you should be, that I'm not stinger. I was here before both of you. Your continual reference to me as that poster is bullying and if you keep it up I will report you every time until the mods do something about your bullying, baiting behaviour.

I drafted the above post after careful consideration, in the hope I might get through to you and I really want you to get help.

Every word I said was true. You are terribly obnoxious, not just to me but many other posters who i could but won't name. You certainly post a lot of gibberish crap and insulting comments which are almost invariably dirseted at the poster, and not his/her

post. you are a blight on this forum and ave been since the moment you unfortunately discovered us. trying to talk sense to you is like talking to a brick wall, which would probably be more intelligent anyway.

As far as I remember, stinger used to ignore your barbs, but I don't intend to. As I said before, get over yourself and join the human race.

#gosaintas
Club Player

saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:

That's crap and you are well aware by now, or you should be, that I'm not stinger. I was here before both of you. Your continual reference to me as that poster is bullying and if you keep it up I will report you every time until the mods do something about your bullying, baiting behaviour.

I drafted the above post after careful consideration, in the hope I might get through to you and I really want you to get help.

Every word I said was true. You are terribly obnoxious, not just to me but many other posters who i could but won't name. You certainly post a lot of gibberish crap and insulting comments which are almost invariably dirseted at the poster, and not his/her

post. you are a blight on this forum and ave been since the moment you unfortunately discovered us. trying to talk sense to you is like talking to a brick wall, which would probably be more intelligent anyway.

As far as I remember, stinger used to ignore your barbs, but I don't intend to. As I said before, get over yourself and join the human race.

You are taking your internet life too seriously saynta. Deep breaths. That's the way.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:

Im not sure how it is bullying if you weren't him but it obvious that you are unfortunately. If you aren't Stinger you are his son because every single idea he has you have. Fair enough if it was just one or two similar but it is every single one.

And it was a waste of time drafting the post because it wasn't in the right context. I was asking questions to another poster. You butted in as you have done for years and made a post the sense of a nail file.

And to be honest if you and a few others did like my posting then I would worried about my sanity and common sense. I rate you very highly. That high that I wish you were on top of Mt Everest at the moment.

If a poster who wasn't obnoxious and insulting said something to me I may listen but you make me seem like Clark Kent compared to how you write crap. Now please go away. You are blocking the sunlight.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:
saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:

You are taking your internet life too seriously saynta. Deep breaths. That's the way.
Yep. I know, fools should just be ignored, But I can understand to a minute extent what Goodes must be feeling. I shouldn't say that though, because bullies like plugger get their rocks off if their bullying is having an adverse effect.

I guess that I should get the mods involved if he keeps it up.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:

Im not sure how it is bullying if you weren't him but it obvious that you are unfortunately. If you aren't Stinger you are his son because every single idea he has you have. Fair enough if it was just one or two similar but it is every single one.

And it was a waste of time drafting the post because it wasn't in the right context. I was asking questions to another poster. You butted in as you have done for years and made a post the sense of a nail file.

And to be honest if you and a few others did like my posting then I would worried about my sanity and common sense. I rate you very highly. That high that I wish you were on top of Mt Everest at the moment.

If a poster who wasn't obnoxious and insulting said something to me I may listen but you make me seem like Clark Kent compared to how you write crap. Now please go away. You are blocking the sunlight.
For the last time you waste of space, I'm saynta. I can't help it if great minds think alike, or if someone has modelled themselves on my thoughts, principls and ideas. Next time you call me stinger, i will be contacting the mods.