Looking at the current AFL Ladder......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Looking at the current AFL Ladder......

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:Different argument - not interested in justifying question s that have no answers - it's pointless
I'll take a lower pick thanks any day of the week if it means I get greater choice selection and control over the player I want in the draft. That doesnt need justification - facts support me and it's an opinion.
You'll have to commence trolling another thread as it looks like you're out of steam here big boy!! (and they reckon CW is a troll!!)

Teffers you could be the softest poster on here. It is funny. I can see you squirming as you type. Wont answer a simple question and wants to stick to one of the most obvious statements ever made that if you finish lower you get a better pick. Who would have thunk? And calls people out on trolling because of a question that will embarrass him and his opinion.

Yep teffers I cant argue with you. The lower you finish the higher pick you get. I can ask though, how long do you think we need to finish low to get a higher pick? Should I barrack for us next year or 2017?
I'm actually a simple guy, likes simple things so statements like: Finish lower get better picks really appeal to me.
I can see you're far more complex, tripping yourself up so much you can't stay on topic or handle others views very well at all but as they say..... meh!
How long to rebuild you ask??? .... how longs a piece of string genius?

This one next. Yep had that as favourite. First winner Ive backed in a year. The reason I ask about how long the rebuild is I really want to know what year I can barrack again. It certainly cant be when we get a certain amount of top picks and it cant be when they start staring because they maybe like Armo and take a few years. I suppose we can guess based on nothing at all apart from maybe how good looking the player is.

Anyway you can meh games for one year or 5 years. I will hope we win every possible game we play in and then if we lose I then can say well at least we will get a better pick. My dog worked that out about the better pick the lower you finish but thanks Teffers for explaining just in case I didn't have a dog. I love the fact you care enough to explain that to me.

Which is next?
I don't think you have a dog - infact Id suggest there's some law prohibiting you from owning pets but meh!
I barrack every week - just have different outcome as my focus
You barrack when the urge takes you but rest assured the club knows we need good draft picks to fill obvious gaps - Bains said it himself.
Meh !!

“Yeah….nah””
SMS
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
SMS wrote:Winning = happiness
Do you think a free agent gun is goong to want to come to us if we are spooners and shitkickers??
I think players are smarter than looking at win/loss columns genius - why did Bruce come cause he liked the colors???
1. Bruce you douchebag was a nobody in a team with multiple key talls.
He came saints for opportunity he was not a free agent gun.
A free agent gun isnt gonna want to come to a loser team

2. Hodge ... douchebag is agreat pick so what? Ill name more flops in the top ten than guns proving my point the draft is a lucky dip to a point. Theyre 17/18 ffs havent even finished growing. All theyve done is play well at 16 years old. Big deal.

3. You know im right douchebag just concede the point and get back on the saints. Stop wishing us to lose.
Had we won a flag in 2009/2010 wed have 50,000 members and when we were winning we had better membership
We are the biggest bandwagon supporters in the league. Simply because of the one flag. But id argue we have as many supporters closet or otherwise as richmond or hawthorn.

So douchebag you reckon pick 4 this year is worth losing? That pick 8 would be so bad??
Ps youre a douchebag i made the better points ive stated facts just take it like an adult and come up with an orignal name to call me.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Had we won a flag in 2009/2010 wed have 50,000 members and when we were winning we had better membership
We are the biggest bandwagon supporters in the league.
Second biggest. And even that is a stretch. Richmond have the biggest bandwagon. Hands down, bar none.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:
Teflon wrote:
SMS wrote:Winning = happiness
Do you think a free agent gun is goong to want to come to us if we are spooners and shitkickers??
I think players are smarter than looking at win/loss columns genius - why did Bruce come cause he liked the colors???
1. Bruce you douchebag was a nobody in a team with multiple key talls.
He came saints for opportunity he was not a free agent gun.
A free agent gun isnt gonna want to come to a loser team

2. Hodge ... douchebag is agreat pick so what? Ill name more flops in the top ten than guns proving my point the draft is a lucky dip to a point. Theyre 17/18 ffs havent even finished growing. All theyve done is play well at 16 years old. Big deal.

3. You know im right douchebag just concede the point and get back on the saints. Stop wishing us to lose.
We are the biggest bandwagon supporters in the league. Simply because of the one flag. But id argue we have as many supporters closet or otherwise as richmond or hawthorn.

So douchebag you reckon pick 4 this year is worth losing? That pick 8 would be so bad??
Ps youre a douchebag i made the better points ive stated facts just take it like an adult and come up with an orignal name to call me.
What facts????
You haven't come up with a fact other than you may have, for some weird reason, previously used a douche bag

We don't need FAs douche bag - go read what Bains and the club have said about that we are a while away from needing to worry bout attracting FAs douchebag so the club is going the draft route. We will get FAs douche bag when we are choc full of up and coming talent just like we attracted Hamills and Gerhigs in previous years douche bag when they could see a side on the up.
Bruce was wanted by GWS and OTHER clubs douche bag - he was a young player that CHOSE us for opportunity and obviously cause he felt we are heading in the right direction. Completely relevant.
Tell me again how you get hold of Riewoldt (arguably best CHF last decade) without us having that no 1 pick again douche bag ? we are all ears???
And where's your "facts" that we have the largest latent supporter base?????? More absolute drivel...
Time to pull your head out of your douche bag me thinks..although I am uncomfortable dealing with people telling me to "take it like an adult" while constantly referring to douche bags ... you ain't posting from prison are you?

“Yeah….nah””
SMS
Club Player

I answered your questions and you ask them again.
If you cant see the facts I wrote, maybe read the post again douchebag.
You have no clue. Too dumb to teach.

<warning for abuse and demeaning language>

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:I answered your questions and you ask them again.
If you cant see the facts I wrote, maybe read the post again douchebag.
You have no clue. Too dumb to teach.
You answered nothing and even your FA point was debunked by the club
Don't post if you can't keep up - may have douched out some brain cells...

“Yeah….nah””
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

After Sunday I don't think we can win any more games this season anyway so I hope we win by 25 goals.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

fmd

if you have an earlier pick you have a better chance of getting a better player because YOU HAVE THE BETTER CHOICE

doesnt mean you will get the better player at 3 compared to 11
its all about having the CHOICE

better choice, more chance of getting a gun

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:fmd

if you have an earlier pick you have a better chance of getting a better player because YOU HAVE THE BETTER CHOICE

doesnt mean you will get the better player at 3 compared to 11
its all about having the CHOICE

better choice, more chance of getting a gun
Well said Matrix - spot on.
For me at our current stage that choice is vital and ought to be our priority- others winning immediately is more important
Its a free world

“Yeah….nah””
Heidelberg_Saint
Club Player

citywest wrote:I want Melbourne and Essendon to finish above us thus giving us pick 4. This will ensure that we get an elite midfielder 'Darcy Parish' and a very promising Key Defender 'Kieran Collins' hopefully with pick 22. The trade I would also look at is Hickey. I would give Ross Lyon a call and see if he will agree to trade Lachie Weller for Tom Hickey. With Sandilands just about finished Ro$$ may just pull the trigger on this and if he does our RE-BUILD is complete!!! :D
The Age today contained a snippet that Essendon might look to Tom Hickey as their primary ruckman, interesting.

I'm a massive fan of Hickey, however the coaching panel clearly have Longer ahead of him. And with J-Ho looking at a potential senior promotion with Billings on the LTIL, where does this leave Hickey??

I don't like the thought of playing him as a key forward, it reminds me of Carlton's failed attempts to make ruckmen into forwards in the post-Fev era. To me, he's a ruckman or nothing else.

I'd be very hesitant to trade Hickey as I truly believe his best won't occur until his late 20's, maybe early 30's.

citywest

If Essendon want Hickey then we would demand their first pick and maybe settle for their second pick (22ish). Then I would send this pick to Freo for Lachie Weller with Spencer White as the steak knives. :-)

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:If Essendon want Hickey then we would demand their first pick and maybe settle for their second pick (22ish). Then I would send this pick to Freo for Lachie Weller with Spencer White as the steak knives. :-)
There are a few clubs desperate for a Ruckman. None more than Essendon and if we go back to 4 interchange next year, Ruckmen will be in more demand.
I think there is no doubt at all that Hickey has currency. He can play. Big hands and still developing. Could be an out and out gun in 5 years. Id take pick 22 as you suggest - but not much higher than that.

Then we end up with pick 6, 23, 41 and Lachie Weller. Not too shabby.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sun 26 Jul 2015 2:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

citywest

Con Gorozidis wrote:
citywest wrote:If Essendon want Hickey then we would demand their first pick and maybe settle for their second pick (22ish). Then I would send this pick to Freo for Lachie Weller with Spencer White as the steak knives. :-)
There are a few clubs desperate for a Ruckman. None more than Essendon and if we go back to 4 interchange next year, Ruckmen will be in more demand.
I think there is no doubt at all that Hickey has currency. He can play. Big hands and still developing. Could be an out and out gun in 5 years. Id take pick 22 as you suggest - but not much higher than that.
Would you then try and get Weller from Freo Con? I would.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

I like Weller and Crozier.

I heard on the radio that Treloar is almost certainly heading to Richmond or Collingwood. If he goes to the Tigers then Crozier seems a certainty to end up at the Pies. So clearly Weller is our most likely target. Would pick 22 be enough to get him? If we trade out Hickey and end with Weller it would be a big win. Especially if Holmes is capable.

citywest

Con Gorozidis wrote:
citywest wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

I like Weller and Crozier.

I heard on the radio that Treloar is almost certainly heading to Richmond or Collingwood. If he goes to the Tigers then Crozier seems a certainty to end up at the Pies. So clearly Weller is our most likely target. Would pick 22 be enough to get him? If we trade out Hickey and end with Weller it would be a big win. Especially if Holmes is capable.
Pick 22 probably wouldn't be enough to get Weller. I reckon straight swap Hickey for Weller would be perfect both clubs. Sandilands in on his last legs they need Hickey.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

So we cant finish higher than 13th this year.