Do you want us to beat Melbourne?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Do you want us to beat Melbourne?

Poll ended at Mon 27 Jul 2015 6:08pm

Yes, I want us to win.
88%
No, I want us to lose.
12%

Total votes: 68

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Do you want us to beat Melbourne?

plugger66 wrote:Got to laugh at some of you guys. Very funny if not sad. Kosi was either asked or volunteered to be a mod on here. Im not sure that means he then cant have an opinion or ask questions. If people don't like a mod doing that there is a couple of simple answers. Either chip in and pay a mod or just leave the site. it isn't compulsory to be on here even though I may think it is. The funny thing is even if you did pay a mod eventually they would be biased. We all are. And even funnier is the question is fair enough. How is it baiting? Imagine if this question was asked on the Hawks fan forum. The only thing the person asking the questioned would be questioned about is this guy a real supporter. They would all want to win.

Im no fan about some mods but I respect that it is an unpaid job and they have as much right as everyone else on here to ask any question they like. Funny that most who don't like the question also don't care about the result tomorrow.

Anyway back on topic I hope we have a huge win on Sunday. Go saints.

No wonder we lose mods if this question is an issue. Don't like it then bye bye.
That ought to buy you another month at least of solid thread jacking!!!

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:I had a fight with some douchebag teflon about this.
Lol.

Anyway im guessing the only reason for this question is draft picks

Winning culture more important YES even now in these years.
Winning tomorrow =pick 6-8
Losing = pick 4-6

Are you really going tonwant a loss for such a minimal infact could be a blessing rhis draftcis crap absolute lucky dip.
Unreadable.
Brains been douched out...

“Yeah….nah””
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I want the win and I want it to be as ruthless as it was against the dons.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Blatent baiting.
... 'n its obviously and clearly so
... 'n not the first time.

No worries.
Ok.
These new rules suit me.
... its actually good to know that any respect , consideration ,
support for commonsense 'n a fair go
is now OFFICIALLY worthless & pointless
AND actively worked against by those pretending to give a damn about community cohesion and or standards.

Bravo , Moderator.
Bravo.

Thanx for killing off Simons Sham.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Austinnn
Club Player

A moderator is still allowed to be a poster with opinions, surely? If Teflon was a mod and posted a thread like "Are you willing to do whatever it takes to become a strong team, even if it meant short term pain?" I would not give a care. If he actively started showing bias in his moderation, that would be a different story. I can't see what you're getting upset about Windy, it seems like its become personal for you and Kosi. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't get the issue here. Seems like you are relating to Kosi as an authority figure rather than a poster who volunteers to help sort out this mess.

I get that your idea is that like Mr Speaker in a parliament, or a cop, the mods should be totally impartial, but that's pretty unrealustic for a footy forum where kosi is a fan and a volunteer. Who would want to do that?

I think on the whole he does a good job, and is one of the more restrained posters here. If he agreed with your opinion, would you have the same problem with him? I like what you write too, hope you don't go, but can't get with your vibe here.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Got to laugh at some of you guys. Very funny if not sad. Kosi was either asked or volunteered to be a mod on here. Im not sure that means he then cant have an opinion or ask questions. If people don't like a mod doing that there is a couple of simple answers. Either chip in and pay a mod or just leave the site. it isn't compulsory to be on here even though I may think it is. The funny thing is even if you did pay a mod eventually they would be biased. We all are. And even funnier is the question is fair enough. How is it baiting? Imagine if this question was asked on the Hawks fan forum. The only thing the person asking the questioned would be questioned about is this guy a real supporter. They would all want to win.

Im no fan about some mods but I respect that it is an unpaid job and they have as much right as everyone else on here to ask any question they like. Funny that most who don't like the question also don't care about the result tomorrow.

Anyway back on topic I hope we have a huge win on Sunday. Go saints.

No wonder we lose mods if this question is an issue. Don't like it then bye bye.
That ought to buy you another month at least of solid thread jacking!!!

And you had the cheek to call me a stalker. By the way teffers I hope we beat Melbourne so we go above them on the ladder. No real conclusive proof over 30 years that pick 6 will be any worse than pick 5. I do know a top pick will be better than pick 43. You told me that gem.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WindSister wrote:Blatent baiting.
... 'n its obviously and clearly so
... 'n not the first time.

No worries.
Ok.
These new rules suit me.
... its actually good to know that any respect , consideration ,
support for commonsense 'n a fair go
is now OFFICIALLY worthless & pointless
AND actively worked against by those pretending to give a damn about community cohesion and or standards.

Bravo , Moderator.
Bravo.

Thanx for killing off Simons Sham.

Easy answer. Don't come on the site. It isn't compulsory or put in hundreds of dollars and get a paid mod. Why is it baiting anyway? 3 fools have said they want to lose so it seems a fair question to me. A question that shouldn't need to be asked on a saints site but just shows that it was a reasonable question.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Top Thread Kosi

I guess this is where I come in ....Where is the "I'm Torn option " ??

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote:Lowest we can finish is 15th.

Tonight Caaaarlton are making a strong statement against Hawthorn that they are passionate about finishing last.
With just two goals to 3/4 time it looks like Ange Pot of glue is actually coaching them!
Please don't bring Carltank into this.

They have just experienced their greatest loss in 118 years and on Friday Night Footy. At least 90% of their fans were at the G watching Spanish Ronald do his tricks and missed it!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Enrico_Misso wrote:Lowest we can finish is 15th.

Tonight Caaaarlton are making a strong statement against Hawthorn that they are passionate about finishing last.
With just two goals to 3/4 time it looks like Ange Pot of glue is actually coaching them!
Please don't bring Carltank into this.

They have just experienced their greatest loss in 118 years and on Friday Night Footy. At least 90% of their fans were at the G watching Spanish Ronald do his tricks and missed it!

What does that mean?

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

It means that a lot of their supporters are fair weather theatregoers. It also means that the poster believes that they are trying to lose and that it is demoralising their supporter base. Both of which may be true - but I think Carlton's result last night reflects that without Judd they are a rudderless ship, and that there was a lot of misplaced faith in bringing Thomas in to plug a hole, when there were clearly issues with his body as he won't be there until at least next season. The poster believes that Carlton are trying to finish last to pick up the #1 pick. I don't think that. I think that they had a night like we had against Hawthorn earlier this year in the pre-season. If you take in a young inexperienced side against Hawthorn they will bury a team, and lucky them - they play them again this year.
I am of the opinion, for us, that after tomorrow we basically have no winnable games left this year, so I really want us to not only win tomorrow, but to win well and completely DEEmoralise Melbourne, and to do it at the MCG would be a great morale booster for our kids in the side. That's why they are trying to get Roo right and playing Schneids. If we don't win tomorrow we will probably lose the last NINE games in a row. That is not what you want with young players and trying to attract free agents.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:It means that a lot of their supporters are fair weather theatregoers. It also means that the poster believes that they are trying to lose and that it is demoralising their supporter base. Both of which may be true - but I think Carlton's result last night reflects that without Judd they are a rudderless ship, and that there was a lot of misplaced faith in bringing Thomas in to plug a hole, when there were clearly issues with his body as he won't be there until at least next season. The poster believes that Carlton are trying to finish last to pick up the #1 pick. I don't think that. I think that they had a night like we had against Hawthorn earlier this year in the pre-season. If you take in a young inexperienced side against Hawthorn they will bury a team, and lucky them - they play them again this year.
I am of the opinion, for us, that after tomorrow we basically have no winnable games left this year, so I really want us to not only win tomorrow, but to win well and completely DEEmoralise Melbourne, and to do it at the MCG would be a great morale booster for our kids in the side. That's why they are trying to get Roo right and playing Schneids. If we don't win tomorrow we will probably lose the last NINE games in a row. That is not what you want with young players and trying to attract free agents.
They didn't try to lose by that much. No player try's to lose. Coaches may be able to but there is no benefit in players wanting to lose. For a start they may get delisted because of such a bad result.

Anyway my question wasn't about Carlton, it was about the supporters being at the soccer. Form suggests it had another meaning. I am about 95% sure of what SP really meant.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:I want the win and I want it to be as ruthless as it was against the dons.

I'm with you Armoooo. I want us to beat our best ever winning margin of 15 goals against them.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:It means that a lot of their supporters are fair weather theatregoers. It also means that the poster believes that they are trying to lose and that it is demoralising their supporter base. Both of which may be true - but I think Carlton's result last night reflects that without Judd they are a rudderless ship, and that there was a lot of misplaced faith in bringing Thomas in to plug a hole, when there were clearly issues with his body as he won't be there until at least next season. The poster believes that Carlton are trying to finish last to pick up the #1 pick. I don't think that. I think that they had a night like we had against Hawthorn earlier this year in the pre-season. If you take in a young inexperienced side against Hawthorn they will bury a team, and lucky them - they play them again this year.
They didn't try to lose by that much. No player try's to lose. Coaches may be able to but there is no benefit in players wanting to lose. For a start they may get delisted because of such a bad result.

Anyway my question wasn't about Carlton, it was about the supporters being at the soccer. Form suggests it had another meaning. I am about 95% sure of what SP really meant.
I don't think they were trying to lose at all - they were completely outplayed and undermanned. But I think that that was what the poster may have been suggesting. Just my interpretation of it. I don't care anyway - I hope we go on to beat Essendon and Carlton regularly for the next ten years personally.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Yeah I want to win.

Yeah I want the draft picks.

I cant help but think that the draft picks are more valuable than the four points.

Good chance we could torch Melbourne here. They are in horrible form IMO.

Us by five goals.
Horrible form?.. They won their last match. We didn't.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Teflon wrote:
WindSister wrote:just a pathetic little faction player.

Hand it in ... then come out and play.
Honourless grub.
Very poor for a site mod who ought to be trying to hose baiting down not encourage it
Fair enough you want to bait but as WS says time to hand in the mod duties
Clearly conflicted
Seriously guys, Kos is easily one of the best mods that we've had…

This is a very harmless thread, so keep it in your pants. Mods are just posters who put in extra time to keep things on track, so unless you want to do it instead, then chill out.

Good mods are really hard to find, so let's not f*** this up.
Yeah nah he's a terrorist

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
bigred wrote:Yeah I want to win.

Yeah I want the draft picks.

I cant help but think that the draft picks are more valuable than the four points.

Good chance we could torch Melbourne here. They are in horrible form IMO.

Us by five goals.
Horrible form?.. They won their last match. We didn't.

So footy is decided by one game? And the opposition doesn't matter?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Draft picks...very important

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Draft picks...very important

Yep every side gets them wherever you finish.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

yes and top picks are better than bottom picks.

back on the merry go round..

your turn.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

your turn.

Top picks. Relevance to us is what? Emotive? I would say so. Is there any proof pick 5 is better than pick 6 in 30 years of drafting? Lets just win tomorrow and the picks will take care of themselves.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

your turn.

Top picks. Relevance to us is what? Emotive? I would say so. Is there any proof pick 5 is better than pick 6 in 30 years of drafting? Lets just win tomorrow and the picks will take care of themselves.
My Turn.

Players are rated..better the pick the better rated player you get.

your turn.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Seen what our last six games look like straight after the Melbourne game? Trust me, we won't have to worry much about winning any games after tomorrow's match. Hopefully we make tomorrow really count - a four quarter effort, and kick a big score.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: My Turn.

Players are rated..better the pick the better rated player you get.

your turn.

Thanks. My dog even knew that. Has pick 5 over the years been much better than 6 because a win tomorrow is probably all it means. If a loss means pick one two or three then I could maybe even slightly see your point. I don't believe a loss means that. I want to win tomorrow. What happens in 4 months has little relevance to me now. Who knows I may not even be alive then.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Personally I'm more concerned with match day selection the past 4-6 weeks than trying to lose, try to win,but do it with youth.

Don't know why Daniel McKenzie has been made to run around in the 2's since being concussed against Brisbane? Game time required for Acres also, not being made sub, then given a full game,and dropped again. By all means play each game with aggression like a sledgehammer like we have which has been great, but lets try and do it with the balance tipped in the youth direction. I just feel the last 6 weeks we have swayed towards the older guys to much which maybe fine if you are a chance at the 8,we clearly have never been. A step in the right direction last week with the two big boys in,hopefully they get a good run at it now. Just like to see Acres and McKenzie brought back in and given the remainder of the season

Bring back the Lockett era