Sinclair

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Sinclair

Love this little bloke, has a real bit of mongrel, but already looks like a hard nosed pro....you can see what he will become

Ditto D-Mac and Lonie, no-one has told them that they have to wait for a couple of years to be good....they want it now!

3 year deals for all of them, as soon as you like!

Billings - silk
Dunstan - Lenny mark 2
Webster - a skilful Max Hudghton

Still to come - Membrey, Acres, Paddy, Goddard, Templeton, Wright

some really good signs

Nee!
longtimesaint
Club Player

Re: Sinclair

We will miss him when Sinclair has to go back to the rookie list.

One year will be our year
sasaint
Club Player

What this says to me is that compared for earlier runs at the flag we will have a bit more depth. Something we sorely lacked earlier.

Patience young grasshopper
Vazelos
Club Player

Good point sasaint, hopefully some more high level picks come in next year & we are well on our way.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

I'm trying to get Sinclair the nickname "Iceman" cause he executes with cold blooded precision. He's got good disposal skills but I was critical of the defensive side of his game early where he was fading out after qtr time. But the last couple of games shows what he needs to do with workrate and pressure. He's a little guy so will be up against it a bit so he needs to make frontal pressure his weapon. I thought Milne and Schneider were weak defensively and that gave the oppo backline time to launch attacks too easily against us.

You can't have any weak links defensively anywhere on the park if you want to go all the way. In retrospect, under Richos direction I reckon, we seem to be drafting really tenacious players who are naturally competitive beasts and don't hesitate to crack in.

philtee
Club Player

His 2nd goal...does not dish handpass to Riewoldt who is pleading for the ball,
but has the maturity to take the responsibility himself and kick the goal around his
body. Fair pluck for a young fella. Sign of things to come.

longtimesaint
Club Player

philtee wrote:His 2nd goal...does not dish handpass to Riewoldt who is pleading for the ball,
but has the maturity to take the responsibility himself and kick the goal around his
body. Fair pluck for a young fella. Sign of things to come.
Ignoring the skipper is fine as long as he kicks the goal.
There was one where Billings took the shot where a handpass to Bruce in the goal square would have been the best option.

One year will be our year
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Sinclair reminds me of a very young Geoff Raines - just his balance in a contest and option selection before executing his kick ... different running style I know.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Vazelos
Club Player

Sinclair is a major find for little currency...love these finds.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:Sinclair reminds me of a very young Geoff Raines - just his balance in a contest and option selection before executing his kick ... different running style I know.
Great comparison for those old enough to remember him (unfortunately I qualify)

Nee!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

End of the third against the dogs.

15 odd seconds left. Takes a mark and plays on. Puts it in front of Bruce to get the difference to 12 points.

That turn...

Seriously that turn is freakin sublime.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:End of the third against the dogs.

15 odd seconds left. Takes a mark and plays on. Puts it in front of Bruce to get the difference to 12 points.

That turn...

A bit of Robbie Gray there - similar build, has got great goal sense and sees the play unfold ahead of time - just needs to build his endurance to go thru the midfield

What I like about a lot of our new recruits is that they are footballers - they have good footy brains and play smart - a bit more experience and a few more pre seasons then we could have a very good football team on our hands

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Saints94
SS Life Member

Devilhead wrote:

That turn...

A bit of Robbie Gray there - similar build, has got great goal sense and sees the play unfold ahead of time - just needs to build his endurance to go thru the midfield

What I like about a lot of our new recruits is that they are footballers - they have good footy brains and play smart - a bit more experience and a few more pre seasons then we could have a very good football team on our hands
+1.

Exciting times.

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Unless another player can be put on the LTI list we may only see him for another few weeks. Farren is only a week away, Seb is two weeks, and Daniel Markworth is about 3 weeks. Is Sippos on LTI list?

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
gringo
Saintsational Legend

What stood out about him preseason was how muscly he was with a face that looks like he should be in primary school still. Anyway he is amazingly determined, he said he played with Billings since primary school doing footy, cricket, basketball and anything else they could do. Last year was their first year apart. He said he asked his Port Melbourne coaches what he would need to do to make it into the AFL. He said they gave him a program and he then spent every spare second he had in the gym and with a personal trainer exceeding what was suggested. His grandfather was a Saint too so just a fantastic story. Someone said it was a Gleeson but not Brian though? Not sure of the history too much does anyone know?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:What stood out about him preseason was how muscly he was with a face that looks like he should be in primary school still. Anyway he is amazingly determined, he said he played with Billings since primary school doing footy, cricket, basketball and anything else they could do. Last year was their first year apart. He said he asked his Port Melbourne coaches what he would need to do to make it into the AFL. He said they gave him a program and he then spent every spare second he had in the gym and with a personal trainer exceeding what was suggested. His grandfather was a Saint too so just a fantastic story. Someone said it was a Gleeson but not Brian though? Not sure of the history too much does anyone know?
Bill Gleeson according to this:

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-12-0 ... n-the-pack

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Selhurst Saint wrote:Unless another player can be put on the LTI list we may only see him for another few weeks. Farren is only a week away, Seb is two weeks, and Daniel Markworth is about 3 weeks. Is Sippos on LTI list?

Marksworth is the only one not in full training according to the coach.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Selhurst Saint wrote:Unless another player can be put on the LTI list we may only see him for another few weeks. Farren is only a week away, Seb is two weeks, and Daniel Markworth is about 3 weeks. Is Sippos on LTI list?

All clubs get permanent upgrade after round 11. It will be interesting if it is Sinclair or Schneider.

#gosaintas
Club Player

it better not be Schneider

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:it better not be Schneider

Why? If both players have similar form to now and the club is going ok then I think he would probably get the spot.

FQF
SS Life Member

It won't do Sinclair any harm after a good run in the seniors to go back to the VFL and perfect his trade as a midfielder. Guys like Eli, Minch and Saunders will need to be given a chance in the fwd/mid position over the course of the season so rotation is a positive. It means that we can sort the wheat from the chaff and have more roundly developed players.

It is no coincidence that Hickey has come into the team in such good form as a fwd/ruck because he spent an extended period playing permanent fwd for Sandy.

Sandy is the perfect way for players to develop their game in new positions with much less spotlight, less pressure but still playing against hardened bodies and other AFL listed players. Guys like Sinclair, Lonie, Acres, Lee, Eli, Saunders etc etc should embrace playing for Sandy as positive steps in their careers and not backward steps.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

That turn...

Yep that was great. Quick and he went straight between two opponents, flat footing them. Love the sharked goals as well. Looks like he should still be at school.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Gee there was one high profile poster on here who was having a great big sook at the end of last year after the Saints took another couple of Oakleigh Chargers in the Draft and Rookie Draft.

Think said poster suggested our recruiters were a bit lazy. That they should've looked interstate for talent. That we shouldn't have just gone and picked up Jack Billing's best mate.

Long way to go yet I know, but I think most supporters would be most pleased that Trout and Co picked up McKenzie and Sinclair.

Credit where credit's due as they say :)

FQF
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote:Gee there was one high profile poster on here who was having a great big sook at the end of last year after the Saints took another couple of Oakleigh Chargers in the Draft and Rookie Draft.

Think said poster suggested our recruiters were a bit lazy. That they should've looked interstate for talent. That we shouldn't have just gone and picked up Jack Billing's best mate.

Long way to go yet I know, but I think most supporters would be most pleased that Trout and Co picked up McKenzie and Sinclair.

Credit where credit's due as they say :)
I believe the poster is not currently able to give the due credit.