Pride March

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Pride March

stinger wrote:
st.byron wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I suggest the person who left isn't openingly gay otherwise we would know about him. I suggest its a unfounded rumour.

Plugger, no bulls***, I had a dream with you in it last night. Maybe I need to take a break from SS. Seriously, I met you on a train and we talked about the forum and the Saints. Off to seek mental health assistance this morning.
."....as long as you ony talked.. :!: :wink: :roll: :wink:
And Plugger looked a bit like a young Roo. Tall and blonde, fresh out of a public school. No idea what this says about my sub-conscious and I don't need to know.

markp
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
stinger wrote:
st.byron wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I suggest the person who left isn't openingly gay otherwise we would know about him. I suggest its a unfounded rumour.

Plugger, no bulls***, I had a dream with you in it last night. Maybe I need to take a break from SS. Seriously, I met you on a train and we talked about the forum and the Saints. Off to seek mental health assistance this morning.
And Plugger looked a bit like a young Roo. Tall and blonde, fresh out of a public school. No idea what this says about my sub-conscious and I don't need to know.
Did the train go through a tunnel?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Did the train go through a tunnel?
Stop it. It did actually. Oh dear. Plugger was carrying a school bag.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

[insert Dr's Rob Sitch photo/line...]

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I saw an ex AFL player in Sydney with his boyfriend once. They are out there. I wouldn't want to be defined by being the first openly gay footballer. If I was them I would keep it all in house. Footy teams are great for learning to deal with all different types and everyone finding commonality. You see farm boys like Kosi and Schnieder along side guys like Markworth who is eloquent and educated and they find a common bond. Likewise when you get to know a gay person and you realise they aren't interested in jumping you they just become another team mate with a different background like Ahmed and his religious background. You learn to get along or you struggle, I see it even in junior footy inflexible kids with no ability to join the group because of prejudice towards others or annoying habits often get ostracised and quickly pull their heads in. They are pretty egalitarian places and they are in most cases pretty tolerant groups.
Was it Warwick Capper? ....Just kidding.

I recently read a terrific novel called The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach. One of the characters was an openly gay member of a college baseball team. It has a contemporary setting and the other members of the team, who are predominantly alpha males, aren't bothered by the player's sexual orientation. Even though it is fiction, the times they certainly have a changed!

Didn't realise young Markworth is a scholarly-type or academic. Good to know we have at least one intellectual amongst the playing squad. Hopefully he'll be one of the players who does a lot of press for the club in years to come.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:[insert Dr's Rob Sitch photo/line...]

:D
Last edited by Dr Spaceman on Wed 04 Feb 2015 1:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

bingo! :D

Joe Bloggs
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Joe Bloggs wrote:Um yes technically but probably not going to as he obviously is attracted to men not women. The dude from the pies who went to freo is openly gay , probably explains why he quit .

That's right if you haven't heard about it it mustn't be true . Ask anyone in footy if they know about J A and the wedding he attended over west . Now that's a funny story straight from the big cox himself

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
gringo wrote:I saw an ex AFL player in Sydney with his boyfriend once. They are out there. I wouldn't want to be defined by being the first openly gay footballer. If I was them I would keep it all in house. Footy teams are great for learning to deal with all different types and everyone finding commonality. You see farm boys like Kosi and Schnieder along side guys like Markworth who is eloquent and educated and they find a common bond. Likewise when you get to know a gay person and you realise they aren't interested in jumping you they just become another team mate with a different background like Ahmed and his religious background. You learn to get along or you struggle, I see it even in junior footy inflexible kids with no ability to join the group because of prejudice towards others or annoying habits often get ostracised and quickly pull their heads in. They are pretty egalitarian places and they are in most cases pretty tolerant groups.

I recently read a terrific novel called The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach. One of the characters was an openly gay member of a college baseball team. It has a contemporary setting and the other members of the team, who are predominantly alpha males, aren't bothered by the player's sexual orientation. Even though it is fiction, the times they certainly have a changed!

Didn't realise young Markworth is a scholarly-type or academic. Good to know we have at least one intellectual amongst the playing squad. Hopefully he'll be one of the players who does a lot of press for the club in years to come.

Yeah Marko is the bio medicine guy, Big ben was doing uni while he was with us and quite a few use their time to get degrees. Even Ahmed Saad was doing stockbroking at a fairly high level judging by his Audi... you don't get a job just by turning up at a good firm. On the gay footballer he wasn't who you would expect but kind of made sense in someway.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:On the gay footballer he wasn't who you would expect but kind of made sense in someway.
It's Barry Hall isn't it?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
stinger wrote:
st.byron wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

It says you need help. I am 175 so im tall for a midget and I have dark brown hair and a red face so I am totally Roo like. Went to McKinnon High.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Joe Bloggs wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Joe Bloggs wrote:Um yes technically but probably not going to as he obviously is attracted to men not women. The dude from the pies who went to freo is openly gay , probably explains why he quit .

That's right if you haven't heard about it it mustn't be true . Ask anyone in footy if they know about J A and the wedding he attended over west . Now that's a funny story straight from the big cox himself

No it means the person isn't openingly gay if people hadn't heard about it. It isn't that hard to understand. Is Ian Thorpe gay. yes he told us. Is Jarryd Molloy gay. No idea because hasnt told us.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Yeah Marko is the bio medicine guy, Big ben was doing uni while he was with us and quite a few use their time to get degrees. Even Ahmed Saad was doing stockbroking at a fairly high level judging by his Audi... you don't get a job just by turning up at a good firm. On the gay footballer he wasn't who you would expect but kind of made sense in someway.
Not sure if stockbrokers are usually regarded as a part of society's intelligentsia. They are basically bookies.

Luke Ball was quite scholarly when he was recruited by us. Apparently achieved one of the highest VCE scores of his year. Then he went to Collingwood, so no doubt his IQ plummeted downwards.

Re Swans player, I'm tempted to ask you who, but I think everyone is entitled to their privacy.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
gringo wrote:On the gay footballer he wasn't who you would expect but kind of made sense in someway.
I've heard he's living with Merv Hughes.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
dragit wrote:
I've heard he's living with Merv Hughes.

Yes but also Marsha. Actually who was Marsha step Dad again?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
I wish it was ....that would have been pretty funny. Wasn't as high profile as him but was a prominent player in his day. I won't say who because it's his right to keep anonymous but he was Melbourne based in his footy career.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
dragit wrote:
I wish it was ....that would have been pretty funny. Wasn't as high profile as him but was a prominent player in his day. I won't say who because it's his right to keep anonymous but he was Melbourne based in his footy career.

How do you know the guy he was with was his boyfriend? Were they kissing and holding hands because that would be weird with phones these days.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:
When Barry Hall smiles he is handsome

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

Yeah Marko is the bio medicine guy, Big ben was doing uni while he was with us and quite a few use their time to get degrees. Even Ahmed Saad was doing stockbroking at a fairly high level judging by his Audi... you don't get a job just by turning up at a good firm. On the gay footballer he wasn't who you would expect but kind of made sense in someway.
Being a stockbroker does not require any academic qualifications. e.g I know of some good footy players (ex AFL) who got stock-broker jobs in deals to play Ammos without any quals. I dont know what Ahmeds personal situation is ....

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
dragit wrote:

How do you know the guy he was with was his boyfriend? Were they kissing and holding hands because that would be weird with phones these days.

I was about 4 years ago so not quite as full on as today. As I said he was a player who was well known but no superstar. If Chris Judd was doing the same thing it would probably alert people even in Sydney. He was going full tongue and touching a lot in the middle of the day outside a pub on oxford street which is the gay area of Sydney so not completely outrageous. He was not even getting stares except by me who knew who he was. I got a smack on the shoulder from my wife for not acting cool. She was lucky I didn't stop him to get an autograph.