Tim membrey

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tim membrey

The Redeemer wrote:
Munga wrote:Could he be a Stevie J type?
No.
Agree

I think he is similar in player type to Aaron Edwards........West Coast/North/Richmond

saint4life
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Someone suggested that we may not be using our 3rd round pick. Given that it will be the first pick on the round, why on earth would'nt we use it? We seem tobe happy with Saunders and Murdoch, and they were both taken about then.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
No.
Agree

I think he is similar in player type to Aaron Edwards........West Coast/North/Richmond
Seems a bit bigger bodied than Aaron. He almost plays like a cross between Fev and someone a bit more mobile. He seems to be a contested marking KF type but can also get around the ground. I quite like his style. I'm not sure what he'd be worth though. Markworth and Sipposs would be nervous though. He's probably worth a third rounder but you would need to ditch Schnider or Siposs probably to make room. Risky but not a bad one. The only problem is Big Mart was big on him (in hindsight) and if he makes it look out.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
chook23 wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
No.
Agree

Seems a bit bigger bodied than Aaron. He almost plays like a cross between Fev and someone a bit more mobile. He seems to be a contested marking KF type but can also get around the ground. I quite like his style. I'm not sure what he'd be worth though. Markworth and Sipposs would be nervous though. He's probably worth a third rounder but you would need to ditch Schnider or Siposs probably to make room. Risky but not a bad one. The only problem is Big Mart was big on him (in hindsight) and if he makes it look out.
Where is Big Mart, is he still posting here ?

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:
gringo wrote:
chook23 wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
No.
Agree

He's over at Bigfooty annoying Joffaboy.

sasaint
Club Player

Reportedly deal done for him to go to Doggies. According to various sources on Bigfooty. Seems like a good get. Dogs recruiting has been pretty good last couple of years. Bontimpelli was a great get last year.

Patience young grasshopper
defacto
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:Someone suggested that we may not be using our 3rd round pick. Given that it will be the first pick on the round, why on earth would'nt we use it? We seem tobe happy with Saunders and Murdoch, and they were both taken about then.
if we end up with three first rounders and trade in another 2, who would be ranked higher than what ever is available in the third round, then that would explain it

we are after absolute cream here, not solid citizens

defacto
Club Player

chook23 wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
No.
Agree

hes much much much stronger than aaron edwards. aaron edwards was more a shorter, less athletic version of tom lee

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Old Mate wrote:I wouldn't use a third on Membry. Pick 47 two years ago and played one senior game. 4/5 rounder at best.

Jaksch I'm not overly keen on. I'd prefer to use our 2nd on O'Rourke but seems he's off to Hawthorn.
What is it about Jaksch mate? I don't mind him in particular as a forward, the versatility is handy also.

O'Rourke could be a good get but I feel he was a massive risk at two for GWS, I have no idea of his worth or potential now though. I am far less excited by him compared to say, Tyson last year. If O'Rourke was pick 50, he'd almost be delisted considering what little he has shown - I appreciate he has been hammered with injuries but he has shown very little thus far when given chances.

With O'Rourke, O'Shea, Jaksch, Membrey, Hunt etc, I feel like we have been linked to so many GOPs who wouldn't even cause a ripple to the fabric of the teams who lose them.

Give me a big name, or take me to the draft I reckon. If we must have one, PSD thanks.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:
chook23 wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
No.
Agree

hes much much much stronger than aaron edwards. aaron edwards was more a shorter, less athletic version of tom lee

Well I think that is totally wrong.

PJ
SS Life Member

Not sure why anyone would care about a player that was taken late in a draft 2 years ago and has only played 1 game.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
defacto wrote:
chook23 wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
No.
Agree

Aaron Edwards was like a big small forward who could take a good speckie then disappear for the rest of the game. Tom Lee might be like a really big small forward? But Membrey is more a Jake Stringer, Jack Darling etc style of small tall forward. A few are saying Members has grown to around 191cm which is still not huge but a bit better than 188cm. Of all the recycled players we have been linked to he and Jaksche are probably the only slightly tempting ones.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
defacto wrote:
chook23 wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
No.
Agree

Why do you think that is totally wrong ?

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
gringo
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:Not sure why anyone would care about a player that was taken late in a draft 2 years ago and has only played 1 game.
He was a mystery slider that was expected to go in the mid to late 20s. His neafl form has been very good helps.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Someone suggested that we may not be using our 3rd round pick. Given that it will be the first pick on the round, why on earth would'nt we use it? We seem tobe happy with Saunders and Murdoch, and they were both taken about then.

Jack Steven pick 42

This year our third pick would be about 40 odd.

Now draft quality varies, but you would imagine that you would be using it either to draft a kid, or to trade for a player.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
defacto
Club Player

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
defacto wrote:
chook23 wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
No.
Agree

Aaron Edwards was like a big small forward who could take a good speckie then disappear for the rest of the game. Tom Lee might be like a really big small forward? But Membrey is more a Jake Stringer, Jack Darling etc style of small tall forward. A few are saying Members has grown to around 191cm which is still not huge but a bit better than 188cm. Of all the recycled players we have been linked to he and Jaksche are probably the only slightly tempting ones.
said it better than i could have

defacto
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
defacto wrote:
chook23 wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
No.
Agree

of course you would. care to elaborate?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

I don't really understand the Internet's love for Membrey, it happens on BF as well. He was drafted late because he's too small at AFL level for his role, and he didn't have the tank for any other role. He hasn't got games at Sydney for the same reasons. He's the opposite of Sam Reid in that way. I can't see anything dramatically changing with him that suddenly makes him an AFL quality KPF.

As others have said, we already have plenty of project tall forwards who probably won't make it. Siposs, Lee, White, all of the ruckmen, Bruce is being tried there, even Stanley. Adding another unlikely guy to the list doesn't seem particularly useful.

oh when the
Club Player

From the Age
The Saints, meanwhile, are awaiting a response from uncontracted GWS youngster Kristian Jaksch, with Carlton also firmly in the frame. The Saints are also in the running for young Sydney forward Tim Membrey.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
defacto wrote:
chook23 wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
No.
Agree

Why do you think that is totally wrong ?

Because Aaron Edwards was very strong and much more athletic than Tom Lee. I haven't seen anything to suggest Tom Lee is athletic at all so there you go IMO that makes the statement totally wrong.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

gringo wrote:
Wayne42 wrote:
gringo wrote:
chook23 wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
No.
Agree

He's over at Bigfooty annoying Joffaboy.
No he isn't. Posts there occasionally, but everyone over there is sensible enough to ignore his posts. Nobody quotes him or even likes his posts.

Have a read of the drafting thread over there, has posted on there recently (as usual bagging Saints players) but everyone just ignores him and carries on. Think he is starting to,suffer from attention deficit syndrome over there.

Sure he will be back here soon where most posters bite

You are garbage - Enough said
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

TM - One game!!!

I think it says a lot about the sad state of the Saints at present when such a player can generate so much discussion about him possibly coming to the Saints. :(

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:TM - One game!!!

I think it says a lot about the sad state of the Saints at present when such a player can generate so much discussion about him possibly coming to the Saints. :(
Fair call.

But then again there was probably a fair bit of excitement on the Swans boards a few years back in relation to the prospect of snaring :

TW - No games!!!

Fans will be fans, will be fans Image

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Yes Doc, but that was taking a developing forward off the Saints. They had success with Lockett and Hall, why not another one!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:TM - One game!!!

Why is it a sad state that we would be discussing a player who is looking like coming to us?

A young key forward in a team with franklin, Tippett, Goodes & Reid isn't going to get a lot of chances.

I thought he looked very good in his debut game this year, not going to be a star, but could still be a good player.

There's 2 pages on Taylor hunt also... who is a complete spud IMO, I hope to god he doesn't come.