Armo linked to Tigers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Armo linked to Tigers

I would not mind Nackers Cockatoo at 11.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I would not mind Nackers Cockatoo at 11.

Isnt he about a 20 pick?

Schillaci
Club Player

Most recent #11 draft picks...Dom Sheed, Troy Menzel, Toby Greene, Thomas Lynch, Jordan Gysberts, Steele Sidebottom, Patrick Vaszpremi, Andrejs Everitt, Shaun Higgins, Adam Thompson, Beau Waters, Jason Winderlich, Richard Cole...
Still think Armitage is worth keeping.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Schillaci wrote:Most recent #11 draft picks...Dom Sheed, Troy Menzel, Toby Greene, Thomas Lynch, Jordan Gysberts, Steele Sidebottom, Patrick Vaszpremi, Andrejs Everitt, Shaun Higgins, Adam Thompson, Beau Waters, Jason Winderlich, Richard Cole...
Still think Armitage is worth keeping.

Well youd take Menzel, Sidebottom & Greene pretty darn quick. Too early to call on Sheed.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Did'nt we use Pick 9 to get Armo? Pick 11 might not be quite enough.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

borderbarry wrote:Did'nt we use Pick 9 to get Armo? Pick 11 might not be quite enough.
When you sell your car are you expecting to get what you paid or it ??

I'm not in favour of us trading Armo, unless they find some way to come out way in front on the deal, but what pick we used to draft him with is really only our problem......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Did'nt we use Pick 9 to get Armo? Pick 11 might not be quite enough.

We got good miles :-)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Do you think Melbourne will get pick one for Jack Watts?

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Armo is realistically a 20-30 pick, IMO, so if Richmond were to offer pick 11 we'd be mad not to take it.

Personally I'd hate to lose the last bit of midfield muscle we have, and I can't see Richmond offering pick 11 anyway.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Kane Lucas was pick 12 in the (infamous for us) 2009 draft.

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

God I hope he doesn't go the young kids need someone hardened to show them the way!

PADDLEPOP1000
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Isnt he about a 20 pick?

He's absolutely bolting, incredible best on ground with a highlight reel and tested like a superstar. He will be firming into around 10 to 20 now you would think. Could get in even higher. He was injured all year so hasn't had the slow rise up the ranks like some others like Petracca.

Scoop
Club Player

Mav's brother Lachie would also be handy at this pick...

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Isnt he about a 20 pick?

He's absolutely bolting, incredible best on ground with a highlight reel and tested like a superstar. He will be firming into around 10 to 20 now you would think. Could get in even higher. He was injured all year so hasn't had the slow rise up the ranks like some others like Petracca.

If he goes up the ladder with testing does that mean Petracca goes down the ladder? Forget the friggin highlight reel unless they attach a lowlight reel.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Isnt he about a 20 pick?

If he goes up the ladder with testing does that mean Petracca goes down the ladder? Forget the friggin highlight reel unless they attach a lowlight reel.
No because he has tested well too. Clubs can definitely make decisions based on their test results. Mc Kenzie will have done himself no harm with his testing. If you have two similar players and one has a huge vertical jump, elite speed and agility and the one you pick becomes more obvious. It can swap the order of the log jam between about pick 10 and 20 that there are a lot of very even players in.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Isnt he about a 20 pick?

No because he has tested well too. Clubs can definitely make decisions based on their test results. Mc Kenzie will have done himself no harm with his testing. If you have two similar players and one has a huge vertical jump, elite speed and agility and the one you pick becomes more obvious. It can swap the order of the log jam between about pick 10 and 20 that there are a lot of very even players in.

Agreed if players are thought to level. Not sure Petracca has tested well, well I suppose you need to explain what well is. He couldn't get any top 10's in speed. His beep test was 14.6 I think. Ok. Not elite.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Isnt he about a 20 pick?

I'm no expert plugger. But it seems young Nackers is rising due to the testing. So I said 20 yesterday - but since then he has pulled off some big results.

If you watch the Elshaugh interview from yesterday - he sees some players who pull off stunning results will move up the rankings due to test results (he used Brad Hill as an example). Also more likely to happen with a bloke like Nackers who was injured and also doesnt plaly in TAC cup so recruiters havent seen much of him in the flesh.

But there you go again trying so hard to score a cheap point.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Isnt he about a 20 pick?

I'm no expert plugger. But it seems young Nackers is rising due to the testing. So I said 20 yesterday - but since then he has pulled off some big results.

If you watch the Elshaugh interview from yesterday - he sees some players who pull off stunning results will move up the rankings due to test results (he used Brad Hill as an example). Also more likely to happen with a bloke like Nackers who was injured and also doesnt plaly in TAC cup so recruiters havent seen much of him in the flesh.

But there you go again trying so hard to score a cheap point.

I really think you need to get this complex treated. And in a hurry. Please.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

HS reporting Levi Greenwood to Tiges.

saintbob
SS Life Member

I'd take it in the blink of an eye, I like Armo but he should've hit top gear by now or has he and he just a GOP???

70s sainter
Club Player

Armo is only 25 so if hes retired by the time we re playing finals we re in big trouble. Unless someone offers us way overs he is exactly the player we need for the next few years. Not a lot of point to this trade.

Royston
Club Player

Richmond wont offer pick 12...no way, they have just signed Miles who is also an inside mid, younger and ready to go.
HS is fabricating stories to generate talk/interest....