Hutchings & Cripps

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hutchings & Cripps

stinger wrote:
Spinner wrote:
millarsaint wrote:Two players previously on our list.

I saw Hutchings play a solid game for Sandy at Victoria Park a few years back (it was the same game Armo re-injured his knee) and I thought he looked a good unit. But naturally under Lyon there was no room, time or inclination for development.

Hope he doesn't look too good today, but best of luck to him.

Cripps on the other hand can go sniff my slippers.

Yeah it was all Lyon's fault.

He must be responsible for Cahill, Heyne, Winmar, Walsh, Archer and the lack of development in Siposs, Stanley three years on.

Why do these threads come on after the fact and lay blame where it shouldn't. Didn't see one when he was delisted, nor during his time in the WAFL, nor when rookies originally at WC that was so certain on whose fault.

So certain after the fact. Can't be because he went back, worked on his game, improved and matured. Impossible.
i was critical ..so was loris.......that creep lyin wouldn't have given banger a game...i lay the blame squarely where it belongs...fine by me if you don't agree... :wink:

Wouldn't have given Banger a game? Ok.

Maybe you should have called for the sacking of Lyon when they delisted this rookie all those years ago if that's what you wanted.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

I'm glad to see Cripps playing regular footy at AFL level.
The kid came over here, found out he is type one diabetic, then developed compartment syndrome. His family and mates live 3000kms away. Happy for him to go home and make a go of it!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:I'm glad to see Cripps playing regular footy at AFL level.
The kid came over here, found out he is type one diabetic, then developed compartment syndrome. His family and mates live 3000kms away. Happy for him to go home and make a go of it!

This is refreshing and goes against much of the unwarranted thoughts / hatred on here.

Well said.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote:The only time I really noticed Cripps was when he was all on his own near the interchange and dropped a mark even Milera would have taken.
Then he recovered picked up the ball and under no pressure kicked it out on the full. :D :D

He's no loss to our list.
Take your blinkers off EM, maybe go back and watch a tape of the match.......... he was involved in 2 goal assists. And was the originator of a chain of play that ended up in another short on goal, that thankfully for us the player missed.

However I possibly agree he is no loss to our list at the present time as IMHO he wouldn't be a great contributor in a side that easy gets beaten as Saints do. I have been to a number of West Coast games this year, especially when Le Cras was out injured, Cripps certainly worth his place in the side for the role he played most WC supporters I know here thought he was doing a good job. I thought he may lose his spot when Le Cras was up an about again, but WC selection obviously know more about team structure than I do.

savatage
SS Life Member

Every West Coast supporter I know wants him delisted.

Averages 10 disposals a game. No loss at all.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

a little bit on Hutchings ... after his delisting he had a major wake up call for him ... he went back to the WAFL and did some extra work on his running (i think from memory he had hired a personal trainer to help him ) he played some very very good WAFL footy and thats what got him his shot with the Eagles , to say we made an error on him is a big call as its to be seen if he would have pushed himself as hard as he did to make it if he hadnt in fact lost his shot at making it in the first place ..

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Hilarious call from the Eagles sitting near me...

"Have a go Cripps, ya skirt... We should trade you back to StK"

He is now a whipping boy it seems... And I find it interesting that were allowed to call him a spud now... He must have got worse is suppose? Because when at StK he was not allowed to be criticised for his weak efforts...

And tackling doesn't require courage... No one gets hurt laying a tackling
Try going for the ball in a contested situation occasionally would be a start for Cripps.
For a fourth year mid size he has not developed into anything IMO .... He's not as Good as Milera IMO

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Hilarious call from the Eagles sitting near me...

He is now a whipping boy it seems... And I find it interesting that were allowed to call him a spud now... He must have got worse is suppose? Because when at StK he was not allowed to be criticised for his weak efforts...

Try going for the ball in a contested situation occasionally would be a start for Cripps.
For a fourth year mid size he has not developed into anything IMO .... He's not as Good as Milera IMO

Case closed. All it took was some eagles fan. Get them to sign up here and they can solve some other long standing discussions.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

3 coaches have thought he is. The only one who didnt was sacked last season. There are plenty on here who call many of our players spuds and worse. Hopefully many arent as classless enough to say he dogged it. Cripps is a GOP. We have plenty of them on our list. He wouldnt help us at the moment but has done pretty well by AFL standards. he has beaten the average of games played and years on the list and he is still only about 22. You can barrack all you like for him not to make it but around 40 games is a reasonable effort especially with more seasons left.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

3 coaches have thought he is. The only one who didnt was sacked last season. There are plenty on here who call many of our players spuds and worse. Hopefully many arent as classless enough to say he dogged it. Cripps is a GOP. We have plenty of them on our list. He wouldnt help us at the moment but has done pretty well by AFL standards. he has beaten the average of games played and years on the list and he is still only about 22. You can barrack all you like for him not to make it but around 40 games is a reasonable effort especially with more seasons left.
I would add that 40 games is a bit premature to write him off. I never got the hate he got. He was scoring and added run. He was one of our more promising recruits when he was there. After 50 games he will either take off or peter out but it's mean spirited and petty to bag him. He shitted me off for departing for less than we paid but I don't hate him as much as a guy who has been developed and gone for more cash.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I think that was actually GT who used the term 'Dogged It' for Josh Fraser?

And I believe you used that term to reference my observation that he pulled out of two contests within a few minutes of each other on the Coaches Box wing at Frankston Park.... In all honesty, he s*** himself. He was dragged after the second, straight on the phone and the rest of the quarter on the pine.

Since then he's played in a pretty average StK team as a forward running crumber, and likewise at a very average WCE.
I wouldn't say he's much of an upgrade on Eli Templeton... 3 years his Junior, lighter and drafted 50+ places worse.
I actually think he may have had a different coach every year
11-Lyon
12-Watter
13-Worsfold?
14-Simpson!

Best thing about Cripps
We got pick 40 Murdoch, and an upgrade a couple of picks to nab Saunders
Two kids. Who will actually put there head over it

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I think that was actually GT who used the term 'Dogged It' for Josh Fraser?

And I believe you used that term to reference my observation that he pulled out of two contests within a few minutes of each other on the Coaches Box wing at Frankston Park.... In all honesty, he s*** himself. He was dragged after the second, straight on the phone and the rest of the quarter on the pine.

Since then he's played in a pretty average StK team as a forward running crumber, and likewise at a very average WCE.
I wouldn't say he's much of an upgrade on Eli Templeton... 3 years his Junior, lighter and drafted 50+ places worse.
I actually think he may have had a different coach every year
11-Lyon
12-Watter
13-Worsfold?
14-Simpson!

Best thing about Cripps
We got pick 40 Murdoch, and an upgrade a couple of picks to nab Saunders
Two kids. Who will actually put there head over it

Yes and i said he had 4 coaches. yep its good we got Murdoch and saunders but neither has really made it yet. Sorry dont like the dogged it term for any player in the AFL especially if it comes from someone who may or may not have played like that. Your form os consistent BM though. Sonce day one you didnt think Cripps could play because of some silly photo thing and the one thing is we know what ever happens even if its proof that you are wrong you will never change your mind.

By the way dont get the average thing about sides. We are worse than pretty average at the moment. Does that mean Billings cant play? Thats a really silly comment. trevor Barker never played in a final so he played in some really bad sides. Doesnt mean he couldnt play. Cripps was about pick 34 if it wasnt for the GC concessions. Wish all our picks around that area played for 4 years in the seniors with the likelyhood of more.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

P66

Not sure I ever used the term... Perhaps refresh my memory? With a reference?

Never said he couldn't play because of a photo... Again that's a bow that you decided to draw?

I intimated that he MAY be a surprise selection at that pick (as Howard was) because unlike every other draftee he had no photo in the draft tracker, so I assumed he wasn't well known?
It turned out he was in line for selection at around (maybe a little later) our pick....

We've also done the argument about poor players getting a game/opportunity in crap teams they otherwise wouldn't?
I told you Barker (a dual B&F) and state rep in a bottom team is actually tougher, because of the crap around you... Eg, Hayes ATM
But getting games as a fringe player and opportunities when you're garbage, doesn't happen in good teams....
Ie/ Cripps and Milera would not get a game at 15 other clubs
Milera has better numbers than Cripps... Who from what I saw Sunday is rubbish.

Use better examples?!

Thing is, on last weeks showing... He'll probably be in the WAFL soon.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:P66

Not sure I ever used the term... Perhaps refresh my memory? With a reference?

Never said he couldn't play because of a photo... Again that's a bow that you decided to draw?

I intimated that he MAY be a surprise selection at that pick (as Howard was) because unlike every other draftee he had no photo in the draft tracker, so I assumed he wasn't well known?
It turned out he was in line for selection at around (maybe a little later) our pick....

We've also done the argument about poor players getting a game/opportunity in crap teams they otherwise wouldn't?
I told you Barker (a dual B&F) and state rep in a bottom team is actually tougher, because of the crap around you... Eg, Hayes ATM
But getting games as a fringe player and opportunities when you're garbage, doesn't happen in good teams....
Ie/ Cripps and Milera would not get a game at 15 other clubs
Milera has better numbers than Cripps... Who from what I saw Sunday is rubbish.

Use better examples?!

Thing is, on last weeks showing... He'll probably be in the WAFL soon.

Yes he maybe dropped. GOPS do get dropped occasionally. Never thought he was anything but a GOP. My point has always been you didnt rate him from the start because of some photo issue and you said he dogged it. That has been my point all along and also your ability to never change your opinion no matter what. By the way WCE or the saints previously when Cripps played have never been near as bad as we are now so you must think we have plenty of poor players in the current side. care to name them for me to get a judgement on what you call poor? And ive refreshed your memory at least twice on the photo and dogged it thing so aint doing that again especially as I fot a warning last time I mentioned something similar.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote: He's not as Good as Milera IMO

big call...huge call...imho...cripps will still be playing afl long after milera has been delisted mate....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Really... Back peddling on Cripps now.

He was Pick 24. A disappointing selection.... Made worse by a couple of obvious selections that followed. Of course you know Jack D.
But my boy Luke Parker from edi asp (remember when I highlighted him early and you ridiculed him when he had a bad game... Haha)

Waits for the defence .... Aww 17 other clubs blah, blah... Yes most clubs erred big time in not taking Parker between 10-25... Same with Darling

I see you taking me out of context again... That's not different old spin master, is it?

Please reference the dogged it call.... Maybe I did, but it's not a term I use... I normally say 'pulled out' but the truth is, he did 'dog it'
And it was obvious and simple for all there to see.... He shirked the issue, not once either...

The photo thing
I don't remember writing the boy off until I'd seen him play

You would love him to dominate (at WC) to ridicule me wouldn't you? But let's face it, he won't will he? You weren't calling him a GOP last year or before, now you've conceded ... When he gets delisted you'll fall silent...
Like the brad Howard apologists that never conceded... And now have the hide to bag him as a wasted pick... Conveniently forgot they smashed me for even suggesting it?!

I called him soft early, even WC fans think he's cat
But keep going... Perhaps one day he'll grow a spine and get up the ground and get some midfield ball at the coalface. Their midfield is one paced garbage.... And he can't get in it ahead of a dumped Ex StK rookie who went back to the WAFL and got redrafted late?

P66
I know you're clutching at straws...

Continue

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Really... Back peddling on Cripps now.

He was Pick 24. A disappointing selection.... Made worse by a couple of obvious selections that followed. Of course you know Jack D.
But my boy Luke Parker from edi asp (remember when I highlighted him early and you ridiculed him when he had a bad game... Haha)

Waits for the defence .... Aww 17 other clubs blah, blah... Yes most clubs erred big time in not taking Parker between 10-25... Same with Darling

I see you taking me out of context again... That's not different old spin master, is it?

Please reference the dogged it call.... Maybe I did, but it's not a term I use... I normally say 'pulled out' but the truth is, he did 'dog it'
And it was obvious and simple for all there to see.... He shirked the issue, not once either...

The photo thing

You would love him to dominate (at WC) to ridicule me wouldn't you? But let's face it, he won't will he? You weren't calling him a GOP last year or before, now you've conceded ... When he gets delisted you'll fall silent...
Like the brad Howard apologists that never conceded... And now have the hide to bag him as a wasted pick... Conveniently forgot they smashed me for even suggesting it?!

But keep going... Perhaps one day he'll grow a spine and get up the ground and get some midfield ball at the coalface. Their midfield is one paced garbage.... And he can't get in it ahead of a dumped Ex StK rookie who went back to the WAFL and got redrafted late?

P66

Continue

No I am not back peddling. I have never said he is any better than that but make it up as you usually do. He was about pick 34 due to concesssions. You do get that dont you? Actually I dont think you got it last time. You really have some sort of guilt complex I reckon. I want him to go good at WCE because i know the guy. You have nothing to do with how I want him to go. Apart from on here I never ever think of you. What has Brad Howard got to do with anything? He played 2 games, Cripps has already played 43. Its all a bit strange.

Forgot the Luke Parker thing. Now that was one of the funniest ever. You highlighted him after he came good and basically had a go at the club for not picking him. Its a pity you didnt highlight him in his first year or even better still before the actual draft. By the way it wasnt me who ridiculed him after a bad game. Now please stop telling untruths to try to prove some point I just dont get.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Wow

There's some real porkies in that...

You've never mentioned knowing Jamie... Because you don't .... Don't confuse gushing (sorry chatting) to him as knowing him.

Unless of course you boarded him... Which I really hope not...

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Really... Back peddling on Cripps now.

The photo thing

P66

Continue

Rewriting history again BM? You said dogged it.

Woof woof.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Wow

There's some real porkies in that...

You've never mentioned knowing Jamie... Because you don't .... Don't confuse gushing (sorry chatting) to him as knowing him.

Unless of course you boarded him... Which I really hope not...

You have no idea who I know or not so please dont again write untruths and no I have never boarded anyone but why did you say that? Come on BM have the courage to say why. You seem to lack it sometimes.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

It doesn't take courage to tap things on an ipad

For instance, you do it.

It takes courage to keep you focus on the ball, when you know you're going to get heavy contact. That's why I love playing footy, it the ultimate test of character.

Reason is simple
I think you confuse talking to someone as knowing them... I'd be very surprised Jamie Cripps at 22 would 'know' you
On boarding
Because I have been PMd about why you think you have supposed inside info and special bonds with players... Who incidentally more than half your age, and probably humour you with conversation like they do all gushing supporters.

I have had many conversations with GT.... And he has took me into the rooms at Moorabbin, allowed me to kick the ball to leading fwds at training (Fraser, Kosi, Milney, Roo) and asked me about part time work.
I don't consider Grant a friend and/or visa versa... He was just giving a die hard fan, an inclusive experience ... Which was fantastic.

If you did board players, I'd hope when you did, you didn't post ANY info you heard from them on a public site. Betrayal of confidence there. I felt as much with Arryn Siposs, which is why I regretted posting about him, however it was football related, generally very favourable and I had not seen Arryn for a few years.

I don't tell untruths... Don't need to
Possibly make errors, we all do but
I have seen NO reference to saying Cripps dogged it?.... I'll actually have a look, I hate doing that, but in this case I will as you haven't proved the comment but you keep insisting I used the term... In a political tactic

I might go back to the photo comment to, and check where I commented Cripps was NO GOOD BECAUSE he had no photo

My 4 year old recollection was something like
No surprise, No photo?
Or something to that effect?!

Maybe the camera man wanted him to stand within 5 m of another player in shooting? Or he was at the docs getting his insulin, another oversight?

Anyways, I'll have a check

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:a little bit on Hutchings ... after his delisting he had a major wake up call for him ... he went back to the WAFL and did some extra work on his running (i think from memory he had hired a personal trainer to help him ) he played some very very good WAFL footy and thats what got him his shot with the Eagles , to say we made an error on him is a big call as its to be seen if he would have pushed himself as hard as he did to make it if he hadnt in fact lost his shot at making it in the first place ..
confusing dribble

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:It doesn't take courage to tap things on an ipad

For instance, you do it.

It takes courage to keep you focus on the ball, when you know you're going to get heavy contact. That's why I love playing footy, it the ultimate test of character.

Reason is simple
I think you confuse talking to someone as knowing them... I'd be very surprised Jamie Cripps at 22 would 'know' you
On boarding
Because I have been PMd about why you think you have supposed inside info and special bonds with players... Who incidentally more than half your age, and probably humour you with conversation like they do all gushing supporters.

I have had many conversations with GT.... And he has took me into the rooms at Moorabbin, allowed me to kick the ball to leading fwds at training (Fraser, Kosi, Milney, Roo) and asked me about part time work.
I don't consider Grant a friend and/or visa versa... He was just giving a die hard fan, an inclusive experience ... Which was fantastic.

If you did board players, I'd hope when you did, you didn't post ANY info you heard from them on a public site. Betrayal of confidence there. I felt as much with Arryn Siposs, which is why I regretted posting about him, however it was football related, generally very favourable and I had not seen Arryn for a few years.

I have seen NO reference to saying Cripps dogged it?.... I'll actually have a look, I hate doing that, but in this case I will as you haven't proved the comment but you keep insisting I used the term... In a political tactic

I might go back to the photo comment to, and check where I commented Cripps was NO GOOD BECAUSE he had no photo

No surprise, No photo?

Maybe the camera man wanted him to stand within 5 m of another player in shooting? Or he was at the docs getting his insulin, another oversight?

BM you really are funny. Nice first 2 lines. If I didnt know any better I think you are personally attacking me for being gutless. Well that is a fair way off the mark but go for it if it makes you feel better. You do remember though what you said when I said thatcan have a go at me at the footy after you said something recently on here. Anyway I will forget that crap as i may have read it wrong and try and go through your post. I would never say talking to someone once twice three or ten times means you know them. I aint that silly. As for boarding players well i have never done that in my life but i do know a person who has. Big friggin deal. And that person was at least half their age. Thats how it actually works BM. You act like parents. Well thats what my mate did and he did it for years. reckon he may know how it works. No idea who has PMed you but i have met 3 people on here and i know for a fact they werent the ones PMing you so I guess the others are guessing and guessing wrongly. Ive been PMed by people about things about you but chose to ignore them as common sense says they probably wouldnt know you anymore than me but hey I like using common sense. And with my mate looking after guys well I cant think of many if any things I have said on here in the last few years that should not have been said. As for the other things go for it. Political tactic? What?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:It doesn't take courage to tap things on an ipad

For instance, you do it.

Reason is simple
On boarding

No surprise, No photo?

I'm looking forward to both these threads, but my money will be you on 'not finding them'.