Andrew Lovett playing in Mildura

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mildurasaint
Club Player

Andrew Lovett playing in Mildura

Some news from the back page of my morning paper. Thought it might be of interest to some. Guess I'll get to see him play first hand, just not for the Saints.

http://www.sunraysiadaily.com.au/story/ ... t/?cs=1637

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Re: Andrew Lovett playing in Mildura

Ex injector. Was at our club for aprox one week, and the grief he caused still lingers. Lock up your daughters Mildura.

mildurasaint wrote:Some news from the back page of my morning paper. Thought it might be of interest to some. Guess I'll get to see him play first hand, just not for the Saints.

http://www.sunraysiadaily.com.au/story/ ... t/?cs=1637
Well I'll be in Mildura in a couple of weeks time for the Mildura Writer's Festival..................... don't think I will miss any sessions to go and see him play though. Don't think many females would give him the time of day :evil:

Interesting link 'mildurasaint'... with the Red Cliffs team. I have a family connection......an uncle of mine used to play for Red Cliffs, many, many years ago, last century.

He was a top full forward for the Tigers and for many years held the goal kicking record for the most number of goals kicked in a senior Aussie Rules match. Think it was something like 23 or 24 goals. I think his record was beaten about 30 years ago in some comp in Melbourne. He regularly used to kick 15 - 16 goals a match for the Tigers. He refused offers to go to Melbourne and play VFL footy as it was then.............. reason........... he had 13 children and the money on offer wasn't enough to lure him away from Red Cliffs. His name was Hec Shaw. I can remember going into the Red Cliffs clubrooms once and there were photos of him all over the place. He was a real legend.

I had other uncles that played for Irymple and Mildura, however they never reached the dizzy heights that Uncle Hec did. Also WW11 interrupted their careers, after the War playing footy took a back stage for many returned servicemen.

So thanks for the link 'mildurasaint' ................. I wasn't interested in Lovett part ........... but it bought back old family memories when I would go to Red Cliffs for school holidays as a young one.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

I couldn't give a rat's tossbag !

In red white and black from 73
Royston
Club Player

Nice one Loris...enjoyed the history snapshot of your Uncle Hec...