Game Thread Saints v Pies

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

elvis lives
Club Player

Re: Game Thread Saints v Pies

Rosco wrote:
elvis lives wrote:
luc1966 wrote:Love how Joey cops a ribbing but he has had it 15 times
For starters he needs to be getting about double that as our best midfielder. Regardless his disposal has been terrible and decision making not much better. If that's a good game for him then he is a c grade player at best. I expect a lot more and feta not hope the coach does too
15 touches was ok 45 mins ago when originally posted...
Has he touched it since? He has been shythouse, there is no debating it

I am marching in the Saints army
wasaintsfan
Club Player

Freebird wrote:would you drag your family to the footy to watch this...

I was going to fly over for this game... after the Brisbane effort I held off... glad I did, can handle a loss but week in week out we have useless tools running around giving an under 12's effort.....

Griggsy
SS Life Member

This last 15 minutes so boring, barely touched the ball for longer than 10 seconds at a time, 8 of them going backwards

elvis lives
Club Player

God please make it stop, I am fair ninkum going to spew

I am marching in the Saints army
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Stanley, Schneider & Jones can't complain if they are running around for sandringham next week...

Unfortunately Ross just looks too slow for this level.

realdeal
Club Player

elvis lives wrote:There are too many excuses being given out. They are significantly undermanned too and playing on our home ground and we have been absolutely thrashed. Coach has to have responsibility at some point. It's not being hysterical to say the coach has had a shocker and is generally struggling at the moment. I'm not sure who is to blame for the kicking but how to exiplain someone like milera who is high on skill (low on strength) repeatedly missing targets/goals under no pressure?
Oh Ffs dude, give it a rest.

wasoncestkil58
Club Player

At three quarter time I thought they tried but the last quarter has been woeful.

Club Player

That was embarrassing.
We are so far behind it's not funny.
Only positive I can see is we will have the number 1 or 2 pick at end of the year.

Freebird
Club Player

The end is near unless we find players that want to take the game on run and not watch

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Another embarrassing, pathetic effort. Shame, saints, shame. The filth is an average team. 86 points? Please. Pathetic. Couldn't even give us one quarter of effort to cheer.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Oh well, i'm sure they tried their best, Pelchen and co have it all in front of them, i don't envy them.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
SideshowMilne
Club Player

Chips and gilbo couldn't have looked less interested in the box. s*** <edited by mods> look, and a even s####er game on the big stage. Rhys has the attack on the footy of a piece of wet tp, needs hypnosis or something, Chinese medicine? Is there some fix before it's too late.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Maybe let go a few more guns for average DPs and down trade them for GOPs....

Seriously, get rid of Pelchin. What he's done with the list since 2011 is turned us from an ageing list into a disgraceful list... He's seen two coaches go... And his footy dept is lacking.

He's not a part of the solution, but a part of the problem ..... I assure you.

Jimmy O'Dea
Club Player

dragit wrote:Stanley, Schneider & Jones can't complain if they are running around for sandringham next week...

Unfortunately Ross just looks too slow for this level.
Ross is a good player at VFL level but you are spot on regarding his lack of speed. He is just not up to it.

realdeal
Club Player

wasoncestkil58 wrote:At three quarter time I thought they tried but the last quarter has been woeful.
I'd go with that.
We showed some fight but the 7 goal 1st and 4th qtrs to the pies hurt us. Esp when we missed 4 set shots in the 3rd.

Geez Cloke is a dumbass, If he had a brain cell it would be lonely..

Club Player

we have no pace- no room for players like Jones, Murdoch, Ross and now Schneider and Dempster. All want to play safe and slow. We have better players of their ilk- Lenny, Dunstan, Newnes, Shenton, and now Milera. We need players that can kick to space to give Roo and Stanley a chance to use their advantages. As others have noted- Siposs is worth a shot and has shown glimpses, Delaney has been more than good and hopefully he is not injured; Bruce looks a little lost at times and his kicking poor but his action is good. Too early to give up on him. Longer needs to stick his marks and he will be very good. Add Webster, Wright, Armo, gears, Eli and Hickey, all i think will be good for us and maybe it is not so bad!
Not a bad time to finish down the ladder as much as I hate the loss as it unfolds. Then pragmatism takes over and I suspect it should now for the coach. The initially mentioned should be phased out- some immediately. Dunnell deserves a go if only to convince his attributes- good reader of the play and a strong mark, are not enough to claim a spot. Unless he takes over from Ray.

the invisible and the non existent look very much alike
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Stats mean nothing.
montagna was putrid

Middo
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Maybe let go a few more guns for average DPs and down trade them for GOPs....

Seriously, get rid of Pelchin. What he's done with the list since 2011 is turned us from an ageing list into a disgraceful list... He's seen two coaches go... And his footy dept is lacking.

Really you're full of s*** <edited by mods> ...

You bag Hickey yet Longer cant take one grab for the whole game ..?

And to say "I assure you" like you know is just stupid.

Let go some guns , like we have lots what a stupid call ..!!!

Really should think before you post your I know what's best crap ...

Top 4/6 team playing a bottom two team that's the reality ..

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Stats mean nothing.
montagna was putrid
No we were putrid. Pretty simple.

SS Life Member

Please bring out the mercy rule and let us forfeit for the remainder of the year! Its starting to look like the 80's again ....

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Maybe let go a few more guns for average DPs and down trade them for GOPs....

The list has only just started a rebuild under him. We won't see the results for about 4 to 5 years. I think it was the hole left during the Lyon years that is still hurting us.

I thought Newnes, Shenton and Milera along with Murdoch and Delaney all showed something. The guys that were playing tonight recruited in the Lyon era were Steven, Schnieder, Dempster and Jones. Only Dempster played a good game. Steven the only a grader in his time. Would playing Goddard and Dal win us a premiership quicker?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Middo
How did you think we played. What has Pelchin brought to the club? A half baked refresh in 2011/2012... A baby out with the bath water in 2013/14... In an expansion team era?

In his reign
Two coaches gone
Two champions gone
Another good player gone

We are rebuilding (code name: basket case)

Not sure Pelchin is the Saviour .... IMO he's the issue...
Piss him off

AR seems a stand up coach
Needs better support in the box....

Some of the kids sare ok

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:

The list has only just started a rebuild under him. We won't see the results for about 4 to 5 years. I think it was the hole left during the Lyon years that is still hurting us.

I thought Newnes, Shenton and Milera along with Murdoch and Delaney all showed something. The guys that were playing tonight recruited in the Lyon era were Steven, Schnieder, Dempster and Jones. Only Dempster played a good game. Steven the only a grader in his time. Would playing Goddard and Dal win us a premiership quicker?
Pre season some were invited to a spiel from the Pelican and then it was reported he told them we were in a rebuild and it was going to take time, didn't anyone advise Pelchen to invite BM or suffer the consequences.

Maybe they did advise him and the Pelican peed himself.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Agree with BM that people are quick to turn a blind eye on when he under delivers.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I think we just have to remember the bitter pill that we had to swallow after being in the 97 GF we ended up a bottomed out club a couple of years later. That set up a great decade or so even if we didn't get a PS. We are rebuilding and it's from a low place just like Port were a few years ago.