Dermie Suggesting Senior Players Running Club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dermie Suggesting Senior Players Running Club

I took the time to listen to the transcript kindly provided by St Stu, and at one stage, Dermie actually said that RICHMOND were "on the right track" with their list management and recruitment (?!?! :? ) yeah! RIGHT! As I say, empty vessels tend to make the most noise, well for starters what a bloomin' "brains trust" we had on the run home, Ox (enough said!) Marko (a hack golf wannabe and colondud tragic) and his lordship Dermie (let me strangle the english language a little bit more) Breretonk! PUR-LEEEZE!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

We need a mix of experience and kids ,I think we are going ok 3 wins is above where I thought we would be at this stage,we had a great win against the druggies which would have given the kids a tremendous experience and that came about because of the good mix,sat was unacceptable but it's not like we are dishing that up every week!I"m proud of the way we are going about it ,the club as a whole seems to be on the right track .Jesus Dermie was a money hungry list clogger at the pies and the swans ,!And Tony74 keep up the good work blokes like you are really valued by most of us!

PADDLEPOP1000
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Surely we need a balanced view.

Yes we need older players at the club - Port for instance have Cassisi and Cornes as their 'teachers'.

But if it was up some fans Harvey, Milney, Maxy, Aussie Jones, Kosi, G Train and Stewy Loewe would still be getting picked every week.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Surely we need a balanced view.

Yes we need older players at the club - Port for instance have Cassisi and Cornes as their 'teachers'.

But if it was up some fans Harvey, Milney, Maxy, Aussie Jones, Kosi, G Train and Stewy Loewe would still be getting picked every week.
You really have had some belter of posts Con.............................

this is up there with them

:roll:

saint4life
lloyd21
Club Player

tony74 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:So Jones is getting games every week because hes 'popular'?

Sounds like same old same old saints.
You know sometimes I wonder why I bother. Come down to training. Ask the club for a pass to the pre game warmup. Get to the rooms after the game and see the mood. Get down on the fence and listen to the players during a game. Go to Sandy and see if the " chosen ones " are there supporting the plebs. We are a club and if they are chosen to play on the weekend there is a reason. And it's the right reason.

Agree Tony 8-) there is a clear pattern of development be it their bodies eg White Lee Markworth ready for AFL
Or playing different roles Milera Newnes Curren Stanley it is a slow burn just listening to Kosi talk about 8-9 years process.
The saints are on the right path providing clear direction ,you still need luck on your side injury plays it's part too.
I for one did not want Jones at club thought he was gone , but they need balance senior players /new players if they have
just kids they get bashed learn nothing .Jones Gwilt Fisher Hayes will hand over to young guys in time all part of the process.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Dermie deserved attention when he played. Deserves lack of it nowadays.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Dermie was telling how he'd tried to swap Buddy for Judd but the WCEs turned him down. Judd left a year later. Laughing at the Eagles stupidity. He was doing the negotiating. So he failed his task but they were the idiots?

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Dermie used to be someone whose opinion I respected. Now he's just full of hot air and his own self importance. How can anyone take him seriously? Why would anyone take him seriously? We all knew that there was going to be some beltings this year. If we want world record beltings lets discard with all the senior players. It's just so stupid. Jones needs a spell. Gwilt has been flat these last couple of weeks but started the season well. Ray has been fantastic but had a downer on the weekend. Schneider is definitely NOT a list clogger and is stupid to suggest he is. Roo and Joey not even worth discussing.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote: Absolutely agree on Len, Roo and Joey, all definite ins.
So who are these senior players running the club and who should not be playing?

My opinion is that Ray, Jones, Gwilt and Geary are not part of the future and should be rotated through Sandy and the seniors as required, not played every week. I doubt Derm was talking about them.
I also doubt that Roo, Lenny and Joey would be insisting that their mates Clint, Jimmy, Faz and Gears must be selected.

Dermott is talking through the wrong orifice!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote: But it's derm, and he's clearly an idiot and bitter, and can't have a point. ;)
Thank god we can all agree on something!! :D

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote: Absolutely agree on Len, Roo and Joey, all definite ins.
So who are these senior players running the club and who should not be playing?

My opinion is that Ray, Jones, Gwilt and Geary are not part of the future and should be rotated through Sandy and the seniors as required, not played every week. I doubt Derm was talking about them.
I also doubt that Roo, Lenny and Joey would be insisting that their mates Clint, Jimmy, Faz and Gears must be selected.

Dermott is talking through the wrong orifice!
You didn't listen did you?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
SainterK wrote: But it's derm, and he's clearly an idiot and bitter, and can't have a point. ;)
Thank god we can all agree on something!! :D
:)

Saints43
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:1 flag in 120 years tells us this simply isn't the case.
Do you hold out much hope of this administration being able to finally deliver the 1932 premiership?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Unlikely

Why are we so sensitive to a persons POV anyway?

Says more about our lack of confidence IMO

Big deal

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

To me the issue always boils down to earning ur games. You don't have to be a part of the future to get a game, but u need still offer something.

Roo, Monty and Hayes are playing well = no scrutiny
Jones horribly out of form but still getting a game... Feels very off
Ray has been heavily scrutinised but playing well enough to keep his spot
Gwilt is playing poorly in a position where we have multiple other potentials e.g. Simpkin, Bruce, Dunnell = off
Schnieder = injury riddled. Needs to play out the season and hold his spot otherwise = list clogger
Fisher's papers are almost stamped
Savage has played poorly and doesn't deserve games ahead of Milera

Say what you will about Maister... Least

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:I said similar last year.

Roo and Joey IMO, gave the club a "him or me" stance with Watters.

They acted on that, and there is no coming back from it....

Ross gave the seniors too much love, Scott not enough, now Richo probably too much again.

What's irrelevant though, is derms motive, clearly stil bitter on his mates behalf.

Delusional post. Russell Holmesby came on and said that 8 or 9 players were going to walk out, not just 1 or 2. Was not a happy team and if Watter's behaviour to those around him was anything to go by, I would have walked out also. Nobody minds a tough hard coach, they just require respect. To think that Ross was soft and gave them lots of cuddles is ridiculous. Have you not seen Ross Lyon up close and in action? Cross that man or not do as he asks of you and watch out! Ask any St Kilda player during his tenure at our club.

Dermott's opinion was farcical and clearly showed a vendetta. Barely had 2 nice words to say about us after our wins, but lines us up after a loss by a team that had predominantly young kids and has been hit by injuries that was playing last years (and most likely this years) premiers. His attack on Gwilt is what is the most disturbing. Of course he has the most goals kicked against him. Being played out of position and the only experienced back man that is left marshalling a defense that is missing many experienced players and consists of young kids. Really, give the guy a break!

Anyway, back to St Kilda bashing if it makes you feel better. Let's cut all of our experienced players like Melbourne did and lose the fabric of the club. You don't need experienced campaigners. Just ask Melbourne. How many years has it taken them to recover cutting all of there long time experienced players and only play the kids? They still haven't come out of it.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
chook23
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:

Ross gave the seniors too much love, Scott not enough, now Richo probably too much again.

What's irrelevant though, is derms motive, clearly stil bitter on his mates behalf.

Delusional post. Russell Holmesby came on and said that 8 or 9 players were going to walk out, not just 1 or 2. Was not a happy team and if Watter's behaviour to those around him was anything to go by, I would have walked out also. Nobody minds a tough hard coach, they just require respect. To think that Ross was soft and gave them lots of cuddles is ridiculous. Have you not seen Ross Lyon up close and in action? Cross that man or not do as he asks of you and watch out! Ask any St Kilda player during his tenure at our club.

Dermott's opinion was farcical and clearly showed a vendetta. Barely had 2 nice words to say about us after our wins, but lines us up after a loss by a team that had predominantly young kids and has been hit by injuries that was playing last years (and most likely this years) premiers. His attack on Gwilt is what is the most disturbing. Of course he has the most goals kicked against him. Being played out of position and the only experienced back man that is left marshalling a defense that is missing many experienced players and consists of young kids. Really, give the guy a break!

Anyway, back to St Kilda bashing if it makes you feel better. Let's cut all of our experienced players like Melbourne did and lose the fabric of the club. You don't need experienced campaigners. Just ask Melbourne. How many years has it taken them to recover cutting all of there long time experienced players and only play the kids? They still haven't come out of it.
8 from the footy dept would have left..........................

saint4life
fingers
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
spert wrote:I reckon the tail wagged the dog during Watter's time, and I also reckon Watters pointed the finger at a few senior players who took the foot off the accelerator when Lyon left, and noses were probably put out of joint..sooking to board..coach gets the flick with feeble explanation to media by club. Much easier to offload newish coach than senior players.
<edited by mods>

So what about Watters behavioral issues?

Scott Watters was a <edited by mods>.
No worse behavioural issues than any other AFL coach, and I'm pretty right in what I said, so go and clean up your <edited by mods>

<warning for swearing>

A whole lot worse than other AFL coaches. Way off.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:

I'm not saying that Watters was popular, or that he should stay.

I'm saying they were all used to being treated in a certain way.

Wouldn't surprise me if that many threatened to leave, he didn't have the players at all.

It's not disrespectful to say the players overthrew Watters, they did. How is that delusional?

I think people overreact when anyone says anything remotely negative. Show me where I said cut all the senior players?

How is it stkilda bashing to have a different POV to you?

I said there was some truths hidden amongst the poison.

I'm not comfortable with the control Pelchen seemingly has either.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
saint75 wrote:

Wouldn't surprise me if that many threatened to leave, he didn't have the players at all.

It's not disrespectful to say the players overthrew Watters, they did. How is that delusional?

I think people overreact when anyone says anything remotely negative. Show me where I said cut all the senior players?

SainterK what part specifically are you not comfortable with?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I can state things, but it's only observations.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I can state things, but it's only observations.
The floor is yours...

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

tony74 wrote:You know sometimes I wonder why I bother. Come down to training. Ask the club for a pass to the pre game warmup. Get to the rooms after the game and see the mood. Get down on the fence and listen to the players during a game. Go to Sandy and see if the " chosen ones " are there supporting the plebs. We are a club and if they are chosen to play on the weekend there is a reason. And it's the right reason.
Keep bothering, Tony. Good on you.

Go the Saints!

Always loyal
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Unlikely

Why are we so sensitive to a persons POV anyway?

Says more about our lack of confidence IMO

Big deal
Good point

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
SainterK wrote:
saint75 wrote:

SainterK what part specifically are you not comfortable with?
It wasn't just the players but the assistants weren't happy with Watters.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!