Round 6 In Savage, Out Schneider

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spot on
Club Player

Re: Round 6 In Savage, Out Schneider

Can't blame us for bringing him in, hopefully playing in his home town with his family watching will give savage a real boost and become the player we hoped we were getting. Lucky it was snider that was suspended. Like for like there. I think templeton should be the sub today. We give us some nice run later on

jimmy_slats
Club Player

Fact of the matter is he was sent back to the vfl to work on something and he did full stop. Thats what the coach asked thats what the coach got and i was at the game other than weller he was best on what more did he need to do? If schnider had of not go suspended he wouldn't of made the side but calling him a 'Token' selection well thats just fkn racist you should be ashamed of yourself!!

'He was good as well and had 26 disposals. He won a lot of his ball in the contest under pressure. Shane did well in the clearances, worked hard, and applied good defensive pressure as well. We were pleased with his output.'

That quote says all that needs to be said he did what he needed to do. God some of you people on hear make me sick! Support the team rather than always trying to find a bloody negative!!

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
PJ
SS Life Member

Jimmy have a bit of a think before calling someone racist over that. Pretty ignorant comment.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Bluthy wrote:I'm hoping after this NZ game Savage will embrace St Kilda a bit more. I get the feeling he hasn't come to terms with being kicked out of a premiership winning team and being sent to a club that is 5 years off it. Maybe there is some resentment there.

If this isn't a thought or feeling pulled out of thin air well then I don't know what is.

An absolute fabrication - based on nothing.

It's a prime example of how we as people require a narrative on every happening. Our minds crave it. Even still I'm bemused by this post.
So true, the facts are that Savage asked Hawthorn for a trade to another club for more opportunities. Didn't ask specifically for the Saints, but did not get kicked out or any such rot.

Mark Fine had an interesting take on Savage and said it was taking him time to get the feel of a new clubs game plan and he really put in over in Perth when the rest of the team was flagging.

Nice to hear someone who is not fullsome in praise all the time have a different spin on things.

I hope Savage has a huge game. Incredible people are talking about the coaches credibility in selections

Really? :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Junior wrote:He was not kicked out of Hawthorn he requested a trade wanting more opportunities. There were a number of clubs trying to obtain his services.
He was a 22 y.o. at premiership winning club that are probably going to be in the mix for a flag for 2-3 years. Players play for premiership medals. Either he was told he wasn't going to make it or he dropped his bundle (I think he was the emergency in the premiership - that's gotta hurt). Either way its going to mess with his head. He just looked lost to me on the field without the focus and commitment other players are showing. I don't know if there are any regrets at the trade watching Hawks tear it up or resentment eating at him at missing out on a premiership medal. I'm spitballing some reasons someone we assumed was going to give us brilliant run and dash straight away is floating around looking lost. You don't know what's happening in his life of course. It makes sense to me he's in the team this week. We have to make NZ work. I'm hoping this might switch him on. Sometimes it worth looking a little deeper into things instead of just swallowing the official statements.

Statsman
Club Player

Savage in for Schneider is a like for like replacement and makes perfect sense given his good game in the VFL last week, particularly so if he's ticked the boxes he was asked to tick. The fact that he's a local NZ boy is a bonus.

The only question mark is whether we should have picked Weller instead. However that requires a rookie promotion and he plays a different role. The club will have to be careful with their rookie promotions as Pierce is due back soon and that would spell the end for Eli unless he slots across to Wright's LTI spot.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
PJ
SS Life Member

Let's be honest his form hasn't demanded selection but the coaches feel he's a good fit so he gets a chance today to put that to bed so get behind him.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintkellerm wrote:Is this a danger game for the Saints? After our great win last week, I hope the boys can bring the same effort and intensity. Brisbane will be desperate for a win, I jus hope we r too!

Go Saints!
Yes or is because of consecutive 6 day breaks.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

jimmy_slats wrote:If schnider had of not go suspended he wouldn't of made the side but calling him a 'Token' selection well thats just fkn racist you should be ashamed of yourself!!\
Pretty sure he meant a token Kiwi, Jimmy, not whatever it was you thought he meant.

jimmy_slats
Club Player

so you would have no trouble going up to savage and calling him the token kiwi would you?

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

jimmy_slats wrote:so you would have no trouble going up to savage and calling him the token kiwi would you?
The point is, Jimmy, it is not a racist remark. Unless you completely misunderstand it.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

The weather looks grizzly in Wellington. This link includes webcam shots - very grey and miserable.

http://www.metservice.com/towns-cities/ ... ngton-city

FQF
SS Life Member

No problem with the Savage selection.

- He was always part of our ideal best 22 team, and when in form is a certain starter.
- Was sent back to the VFL to find form and work on various aspects and he did exactly that. Was one of the best few on the ground. There is no rule that a dropped player has to stay dropped for X number of weeks.
- He is a like for like with Schneider. Good ball user, especially good kick - accurate and penetrating.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:No problem with the Savage selection.

- He was always part of our ideal best 22 team, and when in form is a certain starter.
- Was sent back to the VFL to find form and work on various aspects and he did exactly that. Was one of the best few on the ground. There is no rule that a dropped player has to stay dropped for X number of weeks.
- He is a like for like with Schneider. Good ball user, especially good kick - accurate and penetrating.
Agree.

The fact is when you discount Weller (ineligible for selection being a rookie) Savage was Sandy's leading disposal getter and he plays in a midfield-forward role the same role as the suspended Schnieder.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Token selection is very disappointing.
How did the AFL marketing department get a seat at the St Kilda selection table.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ace
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:The weather looks grizzly in Wellington. This link includes webcam shots - very grey and miserable.

http://www.metservice.com/towns-cities/ ... ngton-city
A night game in Wellington, played on a sardine tin, was always going to wet and slippery.
Wind and rain will only reinforce that.
Forget about skills and game plans, the game will go to the team that wants the win the most.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Savage the sub

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
ace
Saintsational Legend

St Loxton wrote:Savage sub i reckon

Correct call, the final teams have ben announced and Savage is indeed the substitute.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-25/f ... ies-v-dons

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

FRIDAY 25 APRIL

St Kilda v Brisbane Lions at the Westpac Stadium NZ 5.45pm AEST (7.45pm NZST)

No late changes

FINAL INTERCHANGES
St Kilda: Farren Ray, Luke Dunstan, Seb Ross
Sub: Shane Savage

Brisbane Lions: James Aish, Lewis Taylor, James Polkinghorne
Sub: Tom Cutler

Glad young Ross is not sub again

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock: