Tosser Thompson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tosser Thompson

joffaboy wrote:WTF are you on about Wayne?

Are you 12 years of age?

Fair Dinkum :roll: Dont bother answering as I am through with this thread and asinine comments from some
Right

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
mullet
Saintsational Legend

I thought he gave us credit last night.

What I found interesting was how he doesnt know if his players recovered properly.

All I could think of was that recovery for the bombers was probably not high on the list of priorities as they were injecting so
much crap that helped them recover without doing anything.

He talked about Gary Ablett jnr who would do recovery with the team and then be in the water at 11pm doing an extra session. Made me realise that
the guy really does deserve his brownlows.

However, EFC have made a rod for their own back by training their players to just inject for recovery. Serves themselves right.
I saw a photo on the news last night of Rooey lying on the bed with some weird electro stockings on his legs. I guess he has sourced
all legal possibilities to help him get up each week, good on him. The guys who go that little bit extra are real champions.
Note to EFC "what ever it takes" means walking in the ocean at 11pm or finding some new technology , or doing that extra gym session, not queing up for needles

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

MARK Thompson said a six-day break after playing in the Perth heat contributed to Essendon’s poor performance against St Kilda.

“St Kilda was fantastic and we didn’t play well enough, but there was also a reason why we didn’t come to play well enough. Six days, coming back from 33C weather playing a game in Perth, it was hard.”

He said Essendon players did not appear to do enough away from the club to get themselves up for the game physically.

“I have no idea what our players did ... it’s all the extra stuff in their own time. Gary Ablett used to play the game, do a recovery session and at 11 at night go into the water again by himself.

“I’m just wondering the way they played whether they did everything they had to do during the week because we came up short.”
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-pre ... 6891646228

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i think what Bomber was trying to say and tell his players that they may have entered this game expecting the win so in turn have taken some short cuts in regards to their recovery to get ready for this game against the saints ... as they say good teams win any where and win the games against the teams they should beat ... essendon did neither losing in Perth and losing to us ... i think the same problem Carlton experianced last week when they though all they had to do was turn up and the win was theirs .... hopefully and i think pretty confidently we wont fall into that trap with Brisbane this week

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Perhaps I have missed it, but no one in the media seems to have realised that we, too, had a six day break. I don't believe that a four hour flight affects performance at all, especially after 6 days. If there was an excuse, the "flu" might be believable, but then again, I would have thought all AFL players would have been injected with the flu vaccine by now, especially Essendon players.

ChelseaGuy
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:Perhaps I have missed it, but no one in the media seems to have realised that we, too, had a six day break. I don't believe that a four hour flight affects performance at all, especially after 6 days. If there was an excuse, the "flu" might be believable, but then again, I would have thought all AFL players would have been injected with the flu vaccine by now, especially Essendon players.
Players might be needle shy now :shock:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Perhaps I have missed it, but no one in the media seems to have realised that we, too, had a six day break. I don't believe that a four hour flight affects performance at all, especially after 6 days. If there was an excuse, the "flu" might be believable, but then again, I would have thought all AFL players would have been injected with the flu vaccine by now, especially Essendon players.

We looked pretty good after coming back from perth.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

4 hour plane flight will affect recovery, and set guys back a lot.
They are tall, and are sitting cramped up. Reduced circulation.
Lots of them use compression stockings.
So yeah, it's a factor.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Read today that Adam cooney lost 5kg after a game at patterson stadium with an average between 30-40 kg over a side

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Did the Shockers use the same excuse for their loss to Shitney?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Propaganda 101

When a club praises the opposition, it's usually to deflect from their own team's performance.

When done before a game, it's to build up expectation and to put pressure back on the opposition to perform.

It is otherwise known as mind games and it is usually insincere and hence, irrelevant.

Farren Ray on SEN said that the trip to Perth impacted the Bombers performance.

Now, I've just completed a really really good bit of work here. I've created something new, helped solved a major organizational issue and I think I have added some value.

I need validation so I'm going to walk around looking for praise because I need it. I want it. I'm addicted to it.

Happy to take any praise on here though.

PM me your praise. Just make it sincere and not too gushy though. Just tell me how wonderful I am.
Last edited by SaintPav on Wed 23 Apr 2014 9:34am, edited 1 time in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:Did the Shockers use the same excuse for their loss to Shitney?
No, but according to the moronic logic from some above, they can use it as an excuse for losing their next home game. Of course, the reverse is true. Whilst teams perform badly in the game that they travel TO, they perform 50% better in their next home game after travelling BACK. There are a number of reasons for this, not least of which is that you can fully recover from a four hour flight after a few days (certainly six days), but not necessarily after one day. I am glad to see that the Saints were able to afford to travel to Wellington (also 4 hours) three full days before the game. Dunno when Brisbane are travelling.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Propaganda 101

When a club praises the opposition, it's usually to deflect from their own team's performance.

When done before a game, it's to build up expectation and to put pressure back on the opposition to perform.

It is otherwise known as mind games and it is usually insincere and hence, irrelevant.

Farren Ray on SEN said that the trip to Perth impacted the Bombers performance.

Now, I've just completed a really really good bit of work here. I've created something new, helped solved a major organizational issue and I think I have added some value.

I need validation so I'm going to walk around looking for praise because I need it. I want it. I'm addicted to it.

Happy to take any praise on here though.

PM me your praise. Just make it sincere and not too gushy though. Just tell me how wonderful I am.
I love you SaintPav.

Your views are the best.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
No, but according to the moronic logic from some above, they can use it as an excuse for losing their next home game. Of course, the reverse is true. Whilst teams perform badly in the game that they travel TO, they perform 50% better in their next home game after travelling BACK. There are a number of reasons for this, not least of which is that you can fully recover from a four hour flight after a few days (certainly six days), but not necessarily after one day. I am glad to see that the Saints were able to afford to travel to Wellington (also 4 hours) three full days before the game. Dunno when Brisbane are travelling.

Facts are though that Dogs got flogged after the heat in Perth

Saints and WCE got flogged after the heat in Perth

Dockers and Essendon both got easily beaten after the heat in Perth.

Anecdotal evidence would say it has an effect the following week.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

so im tipping the cats at adelaide oval this week
:)

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
perfectionist wrote:

Heat might have something to do with it, but not flying, which is what I said. Anecdotal evidence is no evidence at all, especially over a three week period. I prefer the stats since 1987. Teams have a 50% greater chance of winning their game AFTER an interstate visit than the interstate game itself. I don't know why anyone is now disputing this. We all know it is the case and many people have companied about it for decades - usually blaming the umpires or the travel or whatever. To now start to say that the greater disadvantage is playing the next game at home because you have to fly back is just plain silly. If you had to fly back the day before the game there might be some validity, but teams don't, so there is none.

Saint 58
Club Player

The Perth trip had some affect on our performance against the crows
The Bummers were probably affected the same way against us

So in summary, rubber lips Thompson is an arrogant asshole turd who needs to be beaten senseless

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:I thought he gave us credit last night.

What I found interesting was how he doesnt know if his players recovered properly.

All I could think of was that recovery for the bombers was probably not high on the list of priorities as they were injecting so
much crap that helped them recover without doing anything.

He talked about Gary Ablett jnr who would do recovery with the team and then be in the water at 11pm doing an extra session. Made me realise that
the guy really does deserve his brownlows.

However, EFC have made a rod for their own back by training their players to just inject for recovery. Serves themselves right.
I saw a photo on the news last night of Rooey lying on the bed with some weird electro stockings on his legs. I guess he has sourced
all legal possibilities to help him get up each week, good on him. The guys who go that little bit extra are real champions.
Note to EFC "what ever it takes" means walking in the ocean at 11pm or finding some new technology , or doing that extra gym session, not queing up for needles
Just goes to show what lengths Hird went to.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i think what Bomber was trying to say and tell his players that they may have entered this game expecting the win so in turn have taken some short cuts in regards to their recovery to get ready for this game against the saints ... as they say good teams win any where and win the games against the teams they should beat ... essendon did neither losing in Perth and losing to us ... i think the same problem Carlton experianced last week when they though all they had to do was turn up and the win was theirs .... hopefully and i think pretty confidently we wont fall into that trap with Brisbane this week
How confident are you?
And if they lose what excuse are you going to lose?
The Bombers were flat and they were basically outrun by the Saints. The Saints certainly had more energy.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
perfectionist wrote:

Heat might have something to do with it, but not flying, which is what I said. Anecdotal evidence is no evidence at all, especially over a three week period. I prefer the stats since 1987. Teams have a 50% greater chance of winning their game AFTER an interstate visit than the interstate game itself. I don't know why anyone is now disputing this. We all know it is the case and many people have complained about it for decades - usually blaming the umpires or the travel or whatever. To now start to say that the greater disadvantage is playing the next game at home because you have to fly back is just plain silly. If you had to fly back the day before the game there might be some validity, but teams don't, so there is none.

*typo fixed

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Thompson had nothing but good things to say about St Kilda.

Only the most unbalanced, one-eyed supporter would draw negatives from what he said.

He was generous to a fault of St Kilda, whilst criticising his own team with an insight I found refreshing.

The rest is white noise.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote: Heat might have something to do with it, but not flying, which is what I said.
Add the heat to the flying, Jobe Watson didn't get home until 2 am the folowing morning after playing in 34 deg heat, then flying for four hours. He then had committments to work and got 5 hours sleep.

This would combine to add up to a below par preparation.

perfectionist wrote: Anecdotal evidence is no evidence at all
Yes it is, it is anecdotal :lol:
perfectionist wrote:especially over a three week period.
how is it measured? heat is greater in the early part of the season.
perfectionist wrote: I prefer the stats since 1987. Teams have a 50% greater chance of winning their game AFTER an interstate visit than the interstate game itself.

why?
perfectionist wrote: I don't know why anyone is now disputing this. We all know it is the case and many people have companied about it for decades - usually blaming the umpires or the travel or whatever. To now start to say that the greater disadvantage is playing the next game at home because you have to fly back is just plain silly. If you had to fly back the day before the game there might be some validity, but teams don't, so there is none.
How do you know? Do you do preparation for a game after two hours of high impact physical activity, then flying?

Lance or James??

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
perfectionist wrote:

it definitely contributed to each of those team's ability to recover, but it didn't determine the outcome of any of the matches.
Essendon rely heavily on Goddard these days and if Fletcher has a down game they will struggle. Chapman's honeymoon may peter out soon too. Carlton were desperate and would have beaten most sides with the week they have had, plus Waite is an important inclusion for them. The other sides wouldn't have been favourites in their matches anyway, but perhaps margins were inflated by the inability to get the r&r after the heat and travel.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Thompson had nothing but good things to say about St Kilda.

Only the most unbalanced, one-eyed supporter would draw negatives from what he said.

He was generous to a fault of St Kilda, whilst criticising his own team with an insight I found refreshing.

The rest is white noise.
Agreed.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

I've admitted twice so far, so for the third and final time ladies and gentlemen....I was wrong ( I just hate everything about Essendon )