Who agrees

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lefty
Club Player

Re: Who agrees

Stupid Thread.

Watts was alright.
Eli knocked him in the wrong spot, doesn't mean he's weak ffs.

Seriously, this forum sometimes... :/

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

lefty wrote:Stupid Thread.

Watts was alright.
Eli knocked him in the wrong spot, doesn't mean he's weak ffs.

Seriously, this forum sometimes... :/
Totally AGREE! With this post....

Buckets
SS Life Member

citywest wrote:
joffaboy wrote:that Jack Watts is the softest weakest No.1 since Richard Launder

Absolute gutless wonder
I will be reporting this post to the Moderators and will be expecting you to be banned for at least a week.

Nothing in this post to suggest a banning. The OP may be over the top and in this instance incorrect, but he has not transgressed any rule I'm aware of.

To the OP, I don't know what you were watching, but that was probably one of Watts' best games. Roos could be the one that actually gets that potential out and into the open. I for one hope that is the case, the guy has been hammered from pillar to post by all and sundry. Biggest mistake the Dees ever did was be allowed to get sucked in and play him in the Queens bday match against the Pies. Malthouse made sure his boys roughed him up good and proper. That should never have been his first match, IMO.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Kate
Club Player

Watched Watts at the ground and thought he was a dud. On TV he looked ok.

Maybe I'm too used to watching Roo bust a gut and seeing a big boy like Watts stand around waiting for a handout didn't sit well with me.

Still shocked that I am agreeing with Joffaboy.

Roos reckoned that it was Watt's best game for the club and he got votes in the Age!!! I think Roos is trying to boost the boys ego and has enlisted his media mates.

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Thought he did well!

PADDLEPOP1000
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:
citywest wrote:
joffaboy wrote:that Jack Watts is the softest weakest No.1 since Richard Launder

Absolute gutless wonder
I will be reporting this post to the Moderators and will be expecting you to be banned for at least a week.

Nothing in this post to suggest a banning. The OP may be over the top and in this instance incorrect, but he has not transgressed any rule I'm aware of.

To the OP, I don't know what you were watching, but that was probably one of Watts' best games. Roos could be the one that actually gets that potential out and into the open. I for one hope that is the case, the guy has been hammered from pillar to post by all and sundry. Biggest mistake the Dees ever did was be allowed to get sucked in and play him in the Queens bday match against the Pies. Malthouse made sure his boys roughed him up good and proper. That should never have been his first match, IMO.
I want to report citwest for victimising me. There was nothing to report in my OP.

It was dumb to call him a gutless wonder. Dont posts threads after 10 scotches I suppose.

If the fool who reported me read further he would see I reckon NOBODY at AFL level is soft or gutless.

I reckon Watts is a downhill skiier. He was in the midfield against a bunch of kids with Vince and Jones to help him. He was like a seagull out the back picking up cheap kicks and looking pretty prancing about.

He would be a huge dissapointment as a No.1 dp. Luke Dunstan showed more poise and in and under in one game than Watts has shown in his whole career.

Ask yourself - we are odds on to have pick one at year end. I would be absolutely spewing if we wasted it on a player like Watts. All the skill in the world, but doesn't seem to want to do the hard work.

He may learn but at the moment I think he is an outside receiver.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I find it interesting so many find Jack Watts being called soft an affront to their own person but the forum had weeks of slagging off Terry Milera for looking back in a marking contest yet when the opposition do it including stopping before body contact was made a few times we jump to his defence. Cripps was widely ridiculed many saying he should never play again after about 7 games for the same thing Jack Watts did several little things where he obviously avoided being hurt and left team mates to take the brunt. Either we slag our own or it's too much for us? Saints supporters have a s*** house psychology.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I find it interesting so many find Jack Watts being called soft an affront to their own person but the forum had weeks of slagging off Terry Milera for looking back in a marking contest yet when the opposition do it including stopping before body contact was made a few times we jump to his defence. Cripps was widely ridiculed many saying he should never play again after about 7 games for the same thing Jack Watts did several little things where he obviously avoided being hurt and left team mates to take the brunt. Either we slag our own or it's too much for us? Saints supporters have a s*** house psychology.

Pretty sure many stuck up for Cripps and Milera and havent seen to many posts on here sticking up for Watts as to whether he is soft or not. most are saying he played well.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
citywest wrote: Absolute gutless wonder

To the OP, I don't know what you were watching, but that was probably one of Watts' best games. Roos could be the one that actually gets that potential out and into the open. I for one hope that is the case, the guy has been hammered from pillar to post by all and sundry. Biggest mistake the Dees ever did was be allowed to get sucked in and play him in the Queens bday match against the Pies. Malthouse made sure his boys roughed him up good and proper. That should never have been his first match, IMO.[/quote]

I want to report citwest for victimising me. There was nothing to report in my OP.

It was dumb to call him a gutless wonder. Dont posts threads after 10 scotches I suppose.

If the fool who reported me read further he would see I reckon NOBODY at AFL level is soft or gutless.

I reckon Watts is a downhill skiier. He was in the midfield against a bunch of kids with Vince and Jones to help him. He was like a seagull out the back picking up cheap kicks and looking pretty prancing about.

He would be a huge dissapointment as a No.1 dp. Luke Dunstan showed more poise and in and under in one game than Watts has shown in his whole career.

Ask yourself - we are odds on to have pick one at year end. I would be absolutely spewing if we wasted it on a player like Watts. All the skill in the world, but doesn't seem to want to do the hard work.

He may learn but at the moment I think he is an outside receiver.[/quote]

Jeeeeesus are we getting reported for calling a player soft? there will be weeks where there won't be any posts then. This place is sad, I'm off to big footy. City west can at least go back to bomber blitz I feel sorry for Plugger and Mart who need this place. Political correctness has gone too far when people of a slightly less masculine attack on the footy can use the powers afforded to other minorities to silence their critics.

FQF
SS Life Member

Gringo, I understand your sentiments but anyone can report anyone for anything. He wasn't banned, so common sense prevails. No matter where you go in life, forums or anywhere else, there will be tossers and morons. We need the sensible people to hang around to provide balance - you can't escape it.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:Gringo, I understand your sentiments but anyone can report anyone for anything. He wasn't banned, so common sense prevails. No matter where you go in life, forums or anywhere else, there will be tossers and morons. We need the sensible people to hang around to provide balance - you can't escape it.

I was having fun, I would actually have to have a life if I gave up this place.

jamesmc
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:on the TV looked like their 2nd best player. I thought it was one of his better games.
yup second best player against a team widely picked to be the wooden spooner.

The guy is a piss weak soft c**k
Love to see you say that to his face.
Taking a tough man's name must make you write tough

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

jamesmc wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:on the TV looked like their 2nd best player. I thought it was one of his better games.

Joffaboy tough?

I don't think so.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
loris
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
Joffaboy tough?

I don't think so.

Ah memory lane there kosi............................. Uncle Norman Swain, Patty McGuire (Newton) Joffaboy and Ron Blaskett. :P Who is the girl on the left of Uncle Norman.

Ron Blasket........... where has he put Gerry Gee?

The moustaches on Ron Blasket & Joffaboy...................... make them look like blokes who have accusations made against them 40 - 50 years later .......... aka Jake the peg with his extra leg :wink: :wink: :wink:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

jamesmc wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Said it to him several times on Saturday night and he ran in the opposite direction.

So stick that where the sun dont shine with your stupid statements :roll:

Oh and it is the height of irony to question someones toughness by being anonymous on the internet.

lol @ you

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:Who is the girl on the left of Uncle Norman.
The girl in the middle? Or furthest left in the frame? The one in the middle looks a little like Shelley Winters. But she is Patti McGuire (Newton), right?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
loris
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
The girl in the middle? Or furthest left in the frame? The one in the middle looks a little like Shelley Winters. But she is Patti McGuire (Newton), right?
Yep middle girl is Patti Newton (nee McGuire) ..... the one on far left of frame eludes my memory. Shelly Winters............ showing your age there Sainternist :wink:

loris
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
Yep middle girl is Patti Newton (nee McGuire) ..... the one on far left of frame eludes my memory. Shelly Winters............ showing your age there Sainternist :wink:
Shelly Winters was v. good in 'The Diary of Ann Frank'....may have even earned an Oscar nomination.

Think she also was in 'The Great Gatsby'.............. the version filmed in the late 1940's. A more realistic portrayal account of that great novel than the latest Baz L overkill IMHO

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
Is it by chance Elaine McKenna?

loris
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
loris wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
Is it by chance Elaine McKenna?

Not certain MM. Wasn't E McK a brunette with a short hair style? I'm possible wrong tho.

I can remember wearing my hair in such a style in those days. All the back combing (teasing) to get is to sit up in a beehive style................ then loads of hairspray to set it thick so it wouldn't move, even in a cyclone!! You poor blokes, you could never run your fingers through our golden locks......... the hair was an impenetrable sticky mess!!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
Hahaha No, I'm not that old (37). I'm just a bit of a movie buff/cineaste. I know her best from films like The Night of the Hunter, Winchester '73, Kubrick's adaptation of Lolita, The Poseidon Adventure and Polanksi's The Tenant.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
loris
Saintsational Legend

MM................ I should have never doubted you................. Elaine Mc Kenna it is:

http//:www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iXiimrffGA :D

loris
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:MM................ I should have never doubted you................. Elaine Mc Kenna it is:

http//:www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iXiimrffGA :D

Ooophs can't get the link thingy to work............... trust me though you ARE correct :wink:

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

[quote="loris"][quote="kosifantutti"]

Joffaboy tough?

I don't think so.

[img]http://museumvictoria.com.au/collection ... _large.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

Ah memory lane there kosi............................. Uncle Norman Swain, Patty McGuire (Newton) Joffaboy and Ron Blaskett. :P Who is the girl on the left of Uncle Norman.

Ron Blasket........... where has he put Gerry Gee?

The moustaches on Ron Blasket & Joffaboy...................... make them look like blokes who have accusations made against them 40 - 50 years later .......... aka Jake the peg with his extra leg :wink: :wink: :wink:[/quote]

Apparently, Jake the peg showed a few kids too much of his extra leg, Loris. :mrgreen:

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!