saints v gws

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: saints v gws

Jacks Back wrote:
chook23 wrote:We have young players but not many high draft picks...................

our cream is yet to be picked up going fwd.......

Billings rated highly though
If he is rated so highly why isn't he playing against last years wooden spooners?

Because the club care about 5 years not some silly practice match.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:
chook23 wrote:We have young players but not many high draft picks...................

If he is rated so highly why isn't he playing against last years wooden spooners?
he will..........and he is highly rated.

saint4life
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Yes it is a practice match, yes I only expected at best 5 wins this season, but the effort that quarter was lazy. Three of our guys beaten easily by one of theirs, not just once but many times. How many times have we kicked the ball out on the full under no pressure!
Sorry, but we are giving away dumb free kicks by poor lazy tackles, I have no complaints with the umpires, they are paying the free kicks we are stupidly giving away.
This is hard to watch, and for the first time in my life I have very little enthusiasm for the football season.
Hell I am going to Sydney when we play, and right now, I am seriously thinking of just watching it on TV with my brother than actually going to the game.
But the first game is still 3 weeks away, so maybe they can find some skills between now and then.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:For those of you that missed it last time - welcome to the 80's.

Today shows the impact the injury of just one player can make to a poor side - i.e. Jack Steven.

So if it is like the 80's will you and the rest drop off, or just piss and moan?

Sometimes I think Saints fans enjoy being crap and being victims.

Still I don't care how bad we are, that term was disgraceful, as bad as I have seen since the days of Timmy
to fair to a number of posters joffaboy that are only claiming the same as you...........that term was disgraceful.

true chook, the ones that I dont understand are like Saint58 who proclaims a winless season off one quarter of a practice match, or others claiming a certain wooden spoon.

Really really dumb infantile hysterics.

That quarter was a disgrace, like qtr one last week. And if they do that during the season we will lose many many games, but do you think we will be winless?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Munga
Saintsational Legend

Very happy with our forward pressure in the first. The second it looked to me a lot like experimenting. Either that or the players were running around like headless chooks.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:

He was on most of the first qtr. Don' t know where he was in the 2nd. Pretty sure his stats at 1/2 time are donuts. He, like the rest of the side, will improve.

Saintsational Legend

Our list is in a bad state and I think it will only get worse next year before we slowly start to turn the corner. Yes, it's only preseason and all that, but most of our older players aren't particularly good and only a few kids look like being anything more than depth players. Then the likes of Newnes, Curren, Hickey and Stanley could become solid players but the raw talent to become damaging players just isn't there.

Dunstan, Wright, Longer and Webster have serious potential. But honestly it would surprise me if many if any of Saunders, Murdoch, Ross, Dunell, Shenton or Weller played 50 games for us.

Ray, Gwilt, Jones, TDL and Maister shouldn't be on the list. Below average old players will not benefit our club at all. The pre season optimism (hoping for 3-6 wins and avoiding the spoon) is fading. Our skills are terrible, we lack natural goal knickers and our midfield is by far the worst in the comp. Oh well, at least we should get a replacement for Roo with pick 1. And hopefully Billings can get a touch...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:Yes it is a practice match, yes I only expected at best 5 wins this season, but the effort that quarter was lazy. Three of our guys beaten easily by one of theirs, not just once but many times. How many times have we kicked the ball out on the full under no pressure!
Sorry, but we are giving away dumb free kicks by poor lazy tackles, I have no complaints with the umpires, they are paying the free kicks we are stupidly giving away.
This is hard to watch, and for the first time in my life I have very little enthusiasm for the football season.
Hell I am going to Sydney when we play, and right now, I am seriously thinking of just watching it on TV with my brother than actually going to the game.
But the first game is still 3 weeks away, so maybe they can find some skills between now and then.
Nah get enthusiastic, not for wins, but for the likes of Jack Newnes and Dunstan and Wright, and Billings and about a dozen other youngsters for our club.

Just put your expectations in your back pocket. Have none.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Buckets
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
jonesy wrote:No joey in round 1 either,oh dear....
Yes bad, but I hear Melbourne have three or four doubtful as well.

Melbourne should go in favourites. Not pessimistic just truthful.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

lol welcome to AFL senior coaching Richo

Lance or James??

Solar
Saintsational Legend

No effort, no running, no want. Scary

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Tom Lee under the microscope this year............................the pick used will be discussed

saint4life
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

That last goal makes it hard. Difficult to win from here

Lance or James??

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

For a side that says they were super fit, we look anything but.
Absolutely no effort that quarter.
Other very worrying sign, half our goals from down field free kicks and a 50 metre penalty, which means we have actually only managed 3 earned goals.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Well, at least the new Godzilla movie looks exciting.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Could be an application made at the end of year for priority...

Lacking top end talent. What Dermie said is true, lots of soldiers.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Someone says this reminds him of the bad old Timmy days, dreaming, looks more like the Graham Gellie days.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:For a side that says they were super fit, we look anything but.
Absolutely no effort that quarter.
Other very worrying sign, half our goals from down field free kicks and a 50 metre penalty, which means we have actually only managed 3 earned goals.
Not making excuses however Tony 74 said the group was on a very heavy load at training. All of them look heavy in the legs, even Riewoldt and Lenny look tired.

The skills and turnovers however are still appalling.

Lance or James??

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Our list is in the 'Valley of Death"

It is basically a U shape.

A bunch of not up to it kids on the left and a bunch of well past it blokes on the right and a flat line in the middle where players are supposed to be.

We need a 5 year plan - Get me Plough Wallace's mobile number. We could get him as a consultant :D :D :D

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Biggest worry is the complete lack of forward options. Lee, Maister, Stanley last week all have had no influence. Couple that with no crumbing forwards and we only have one option, Roo.
I also think we have to bight the bullet and start playing Wright and Webster in the midfield. At the moment all of our mids are the same, in and under, slow with no real running ability

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:For those of you that missed it last time - welcome to the 80's.

Today shows the impact the injury of just one player can make to a poor side - i.e. Jack Steven.
So if it is like the 80's will you and the rest drop off, or just piss and moan?

Still I don't care how bad we are, that term was disgraceful, as bad as I have seen since the days of Timmy
Show me where I'm pissing and moaning? Only one person here pissing and moaning. And it's not me.
Hint: Look in the mirror.

I'm not saying I'm enjoying it. Just stating that we're not that good.
p.s been a member for 43 years - so take your "drop off" comment and stick it where it belongs.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Show me where I'm pissing and moaning? Only one person here pissing and moaning. And it's not me.
Hint: Look in the mirror.

I'm not saying I'm enjoying it. Just stating that we're not that good.
p.s been a member for 43 years - so take your "drop off" comment and stick it where it belongs.
lol - the hysterics about the 80's wasn't moaning???? Really that was a moan and a poor one.

So you have been a member for 43 years - have you ever enjoyed the game?

Comparing a practice match with the 80's :roll:

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Lenny hamstring???

Lance or James??

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

just turned it on..

139 - 65.

ummmm that is really quite extraordinary. I mean i knew it was going to be a tough year...and i know it's only NAB cup...but fack me boys and girls we are really bottoming. There is no chance we will beat the dees round 1

#1 Ryder fan
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Geez Lee is a beautiful kick, just wish he could get his hand on the ball a little more