I'm speechless

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thezelk
Club Player

Re: I'm speechless

Only problem with that Sensaintsaional, is that Pelchen approached Richardson for the job.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:And one further comment on jaxons....during this whole Watters period in the last month or so, I formed the opinion that jaxons was either close to Chris Pelchen and that even was Pelchen's mouthpiece on this site. Probably fanciful thinking, but that was a thought that crossed my mind.

Let's assume then that this thread and it's outburst is from Pelchen's disappointment that his mate, Williams, didn't get the job. Let's also assume that Williams, knowing from Pelchen that he was a shoo in, demanded 5 years thinking he would get it in a canter. Let's assume that the board saw through this and thought that this approach is wrong.

Now if all of the assumptions are on the mark, then we now have a Pelchen v Richardson situation. Pelchen may not be on board because he didn't get the man he wanted.

As such, and if any semblance of truth, then Pelchen must go.

Just my reading and assumption of the situation. Unlike others, I claim no inside knowledge. Just my opinion.
I also know nothing from the inside.

However it’s equally possible that jaxons has no connection with Pelchen and that Pelchen is actually not fussed that Williams missed out. Although they worked together at Port that doesn’t automatically make them great mates.

And the fact the Saints went chasing after Williams also doesn’t necessarily mean it was because of any Pelchen connection. At this late stage in the year there’s not many ready to go experienced AFL senior coaches around. For all we know Pelchen may have come to the same conclusion as others on the panel.

Who knows???

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:And one further comment on jaxons....during this whole Watters period in the last month or so, I formed the opinion that jaxons was either close to Chris Pelchen and that even was Pelchen's mouthpiece on this site. Probably fanciful thinking, but that was a thought that crossed my mind.

Let's assume then that this thread and it's outburst is from Pelchen's disappointment that his mate, Williams, didn't get the job. Let's also assume that Williams, knowing from Pelchen that he was a shoo in, demanded 5 years thinking he would get it in a canter. Let's assume that the board saw through this and thought that this approach is wrong.

Now if all of the assumptions are on the mark, then we now have a Pelchen v Richardson situation. Pelchen may not be on board because he didn't get the man he wanted.

Just my reading and assumption of the situation. Unlike others, I claim no inside knowledge. Just my opinion.

What utter rubbish!
Maybe. Probably.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:

I also know nothing from the inside.

However it’s equally possible that jaxons has no connection with Pelchen and that Pelchen is actually not fussed that Williams missed out. Although they worked together at Port that doesn’t automatically make them great mates.

And the fact the Saints went chasing after Williams also doesn’t necessarily mean it was because of any Pelchen connection. At this late stage in the year there’s not many ready to go experienced AFL senior coaches around. For all we know Pelchen may have come to the same conclusion as others on the panel.

Who knows???
Aboslutely and hopefully the case Doc. Hopefully. Everyone seems to be putting a fair bit of stock in jaxons' information and it must come from somewhere.....

Anyway, it is only my theory.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

thezelk wrote:Only problem with that Sensaintsaional, is that Pelchen approached Richardson for the job.
No idea if that is true or not, but if true, then fair enough.

lloyd21
Club Player

Johnny Member wrote:I don't know what the problem is??

Clearly the 'interview process' that clubs go through is far from foolproof! So if that process has been deviated from, I'm hardly going to complain!

Secondly, the jury is surely still out on Williams. He did leave Port in an average state, and hasn't been chased by any other club since.
I wouldn't mind him, but I only really saw him as being considered cause he is mates with Pelchen and because no one else was on the market.

As for Richardson, everyone has been raving about Hinkley and he missed out on about 100 jobs. So Richardson being overlooked by others can't really be seen as a huge problem either.

I think the concept of interviewing coaches is weird anyway. There work is there for all to see, and it's very easy to get character and professional references about them, which is clearly more important and relevant anyway.

The issue, if there is one, is that we got Watters wrong.

That's done, and we've moved on.

I genuinely can't see the issue.

+25

jaxons
Club Player

saintjake wrote:

What utter rubbish!

You are embarrassing yourself Sainjake.

saintnick12
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:We've had regular meetings with Geelong FC officials discussing their successful structures and appointed ex captain Tom Harley on the coach selection panel. This is no coincidence. We were after a coach that fits our footballing model and it's seems AR is the man and Choco was not.

I get the feeling Choco sees himself bigger than the club and didn't give the club confidence that he would be 'on board' with the direction of the club. Sound familiar? SW became rogue and I reckon Choco is even more a risk of going along the same path.

I don't think saying we want a yes man is accurate instead we want someone who thinks for themselves however knows boundaries and is willing to stay the course of the direction of the footy club. I suspect AR is this man.
This is how I see it too. We want our coaches to work as a team. Richardson had a proven ability of being able to do that. Hinkley late in the year sung his praises. Perhaps Choco's interviews gave insight that there would be issues with him fitting into our direction and being a team player. Maybe we'll never know.

As for Port referring to us as in crisis. Pots and kettles anyone. Very short memory Kochie. Also might want to chat to his CEO as quotes in Caro's article, whilst showing disappointment to lose him, do not go down this path. Are they on the same page. Maybe they are going to try and get compo from us. Kochie saying they will match our financial offer too which is interesting.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Buckets
SS Life Member

jaxons wrote:
saintjake wrote:

What utter rubbish!

Why is he embarrassing himself by giving a brief opinion? Unless your claiming that SENSational is on the money....

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

resaintlee wrote:A selection panel should be able to keep secret the process they are working through. When they make the decision no doubt they need to have it ratified by the board before making it public. This latter part needs to happen quickly, ideally on the one day as there is a leaker who it would appear comes from the board (which the board should be aware of) and by allowing this person time can further damage our club. That Jaxons chooses to share his/her privileged information with us only adds to the disgrace we are seeing in the handling of this selection process. It is fun to ponder the prospects of the likely candidates but terrible for the professional credibility of our club that the media and people on this forum think they have special knowledge of the outcome.
I don't really get that.

How do supposed leaks "damage our club"?

There are leaks about every club, all the time! It's how people like Caroline Wilson remain employed. It's why we all buy papers and read forums to find out what's going on, instead of waiting for club's to hold press conferences.

It's not damaging at all.

The other thing is, that half the supporter base complain that we don't get enough info. Yet the other half complain that information is leaked.

saintjake
Club Player

jaxons wrote:
saintjake wrote:

What utter rubbish!

How? What was said above is totally speculation by one person!

savatage
SS Life Member

People speculate and speculate, they form their own opinions based on hearsay & what the media "thinks" we are going to do. They claim the process is a shambles as Williams will get the job - he doesn't get the job, so of course the only rational thought is that the process is a "shambles".

Face it - 99% of us on here know JACK s***. We go by tidbits of information that we are fed - sometimes people deliberately feed you the wrong information to put you off the scent. I'm glad nobody tipped this - means the club worked well behind the scenes to keep this out of the media - but no let's all pot them again because it's the fashionable thing to do at the moment.

Idiots like Greg Denham going off their rocker on SEN this morning. Guess what d**khead? We are employing the best coach to take charge of OUR football club - sorry that your ego has been dented because once again you have no true idea what is going on - but we are not in the business of filling up your news columns.

So to everyone jumping up and down - use some sense, take a chill pill & support the club! We have got a good one.

Seriously happy with this appointment. I've never read a bad word spoken about Richardson in the past decade.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Don't know near enough about Richardson to comment. Was happy to get Choco, but confident our new coach will be a vast improvement over our last. Has experience with a young developing team and a club tagged as basket cases.
Good luck to him and our club!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

savatage wrote:People speculate and speculate, they form their own opinions based on hearsay & what the media "thinks" we are going to do. They claim the process is a shambles as Williams will get the job - he doesn't get the job, so of course the only rational thought is that the process is a "shambles".

Face it - 99% of us on here know JACK s***. We go by tidbits of information that we are fed - sometimes people deliberately feed you the wrong information to put you off the scent. I'm glad nobody tipped this - means the club worked well behind the scenes to keep this out of the media - but no let's all pot them again because it's the fashionable thing to do at the moment.

Idiots like Greg Denham going off their rocker on SEN this morning. Guess what d**khead? We are employing the best coach to take charge of OUR football club - sorry that your ego has been dented because once again you have no true idea what is going on - but we are not in the business of filling up your news columns.

So to everyone jumping up and down - use some sense, take a chill pill & support the club! We have got a good one.

Seriously happy with this appointment. I've never read a bad word spoken about Richardson in the past decade.
Well said, young man!

fingers
Saintsational Legend

resaintlee wrote:A selection panel should be able to keep secret the process they are working through. When they make the decision no doubt they need to have it ratified by the board before making it public. This latter part needs to happen quickly, ideally on the one day as there is a leaker who it would appear comes from the board (which the board should be aware of) and by allowing this person time can further damage our club. That Jaxons chooses to share his/her privileged information with us only adds to the disgrace we are seeing in the handling of this selection process. It is fun to ponder the prospects of the likely candidates but terrible for the professional credibility of our club that the media and people on this forum think they have special knowledge of the outcome.

I'm not sure the panel shared anything. Seems we supporters are really good at creating our own truth.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:

Relax mate. I am pretty sure jaxons was directing the "embarassing" comment to me, not you. Otherwise he is confirming my theory, that even by my own standards is fanciful. I would be very happy to be 1000% wrong!!

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:Clearly we wanted Choco thought we had him and lost him at the Eleventh hour.
No, YOU wanted Choko (which you've made abundantly clear in the last few days) and YOU thought the Club had him.

Are you going to "go spare" over this one?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:Shouldn't be begging people to coach the club in my opinion. The club has a poor record with this - Watson and Blight come to mind.
I agree Samurai

You offer a position - people apply its how its done
IF you have to convince people to bother applying - motivation becomes a question
You've never run an executive recruitment process, have you?

The best people already have jobs. Only the deadshits are out there actively looking for work.

jaxons
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote:
saintjake wrote:

Relax mate. I am pretty sure jaxons was directing the "embarassing" comment to me, not you. Otherwise he is confirming my theory, that even by my own standards is fanciful. I would be very happy to be 1000% wrong!!
Sorry yes is directed at you.
And you are at least 1000% wrong.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

jaxons wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
saintjake wrote:

Sorry yes is directed at you.
And you are at least 1000% wrong.
No offence to you Jaxons but why the fudge is there such a witch-hunt for a bloke that is obviously close to the club?

He has info, he shares it rightly or wrongly.

Sheesh some need a life or something to bang

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Jaxons,

Most here appreciate your inside info. Don't be put off by the minority, they're not worth it.
Keep on posting. I hope we've got it right!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:Club run full of muppets.
Just a complete joke this process.
I have lost faith.
We need a full clean out of the board.

oh...that so...i thought you said that you never posted anything harmful to the club.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
jaxons wrote:Club run full of muppets.
Just a complete joke this process.
I have lost faith.
We need a full clean out of the board.

oh...that so...i thought you said that you never posted anything harmful to the club.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
A post on an internet regarding an opinion of a poster does not harm the club.

Grow up cleaner lol ffs emoticon I banged your daughter

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote:Very happy we didn't Choko.
Something about that guy gives me the creeps.

Richardson by all reports is the best regarded asst coach in the industry.
So STOKED we got him!

stoked is a bit strong....better option than choco though...i believe..hope tat the club knows what it is doing....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

sainterinsydney wrote:If Choco is so great, why did GWS give him the heave ho and offer his promised position to the untried Leon Cameron? Maybe Richo was our first choice from the beginning, and only now he has come around? It seems like Pelchen wanted him from the moment Watters was sacked.

good question...one i was asking myself....