Watters and Watson. History repeating?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Watters and Watson. History repeating?

Darth Vader wrote:Well regardless of the reasons behind Watson's vs Watters' departures, the parallels continue in a timing sense. Watson 2 years, Watters 2 years. We will now appoint a messiah, sack him after round 15 next year, then be playing in a prelim in 2017.
Timmy was more effective as he delivered top tier draft picks in both his years not just one, together with the Priority Pick!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Richter
SS Life Member

A prescient thread as it turns out. From a playing list point of view it certainly does look like 2000. That year we picked up Gehrig and Hamill in trades and Riewoldt, Kosi and Powell in the draft. Let's hope that trading for Longer, Savage, Bruce and Delaney turns out to be as profitable (I doubt that) and that in #3, #18 and #19 we can find at least one star and a couple of GOPs.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I could be wrong but didn't we get Powell in 2002? (sorry to be pedantic) We picked up Craig Callaghan from Freo who was a "nugget" type of midfielder, but didn't have the skills of Powell.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)