What exactly has Scott done?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: What exactly has Scott done?

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

Your a stranger person cairnsman. If i said I think there are problems with some of the players and the coach, you would be first to say where is the proof so i say I heard it first hand and im a big noter. You are the only one that says big noter, I certainly dont think its big noting but coming from a small noter like you, meeting Rooy's brothers best friend would be a thrill for you.

And again I dont see where I mentioned senior players.

Anyone that backs themselves by referencing inside knowledge is not only a bignoter but also doesn't have any credible ground to stand on unless anonymous posters can prove the veracity of their posts. To me I think it is a wasted post to say "I think this", or "I argue this" and "believe me", or "I don't care if you don't believe me" because I have inside knowledge and it's the truth. It's exactly what Jaxons does and we all know what his agenda is and yours is the same but you're just are little more subtle and "white ant" than he is. It's embarrassing but hey Barry you keep on talking to those players about what is really going on.

Rubbish but at least its consistant rubbish. Not once have I said SW should be sacked so I have no idea what you think my agenda is. And by the way if you hear something how should you go about saying it on here? Why isnt Tony 74 talking crap then? because it suits what you think. At least make it a bit less obvious. It seems the only thing we should ever discuss on here is opinion or fact that we have seen in the media because anything else in your opinion is lies to suit an agenda unless of course it suits your agenda. Very weird. hey did you know I lived with a test cricketer?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Anyone that backs themselves by referencing inside knowledge is not only a bignoter but also doesn't have any credible ground to stand on unless anonymous posters can prove the veracity of their posts. To me I think it is a wasted post to say "I think this", or "I argue this" and "believe me", or "I don't care if you don't believe me" because I have inside knowledge and it's the truth. It's exactly what Jaxons does and we all know what his agenda is and yours is the same but you're just are little more subtle and "white ant" than he is. It's embarrassing but hey Barry you keep on talking to those players about what is really going on.

Rubbish but at least its consistant rubbish. Not once have I said SW should be sacked so I have no idea what you think my agenda is. And by the way if you hear something how should you go about saying it on here? Why isnt Tony 74 talking crap then? because it suits what you think. At least make it a bit less obvious. It seems the only thing we should ever discuss on here is opinion or fact that we have seen in the media because anything else in your opinion is lies to suit an agenda unless of course it suits your agenda. Very weird. hey did you know I lived with a test cricketer?
I've never accused you of saying he should be sacked, not once, Jaxons has, but as I say he's a lot more forthright in his belief on that topic than you are. You just have little nibble here and there and then throw in the odd post that says you know stuff we don't know. Don't know what your agenda is but I do know that you are not a fan of SWs. BTW I don't care if you are gay, good on you for landing a catch, no pun intended, I bet all of your girlfriends are jealous.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: hey did you know I lived with a test cricketer?
Did you have it OFF with his SILLY LEG? :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I've never accused you of saying he should be sacked, not once, Jaxons has, but as I say he's a lot more forthright in his belief on that topic than you are. You just have little nibble here and there and then throw in the odd post that says you know stuff we don't know. Don't know what your agenda is but I do know that you are not a fan of SWs. BTW I don't care if you are gay, good on you for landing a catch, no pun intended, I bet all of your girlfriends are jealous.

You didnt read again. Lived. And im not a huge fan of SW yet. lets see what happens next season. There are plenty of people here who arent huge fans of half our list of players. Whats the difference if you arent a huge fan of the coach? One thing i am strong on though is he must coach next year and about midway through the year if he meets the criteria that the set then he should be signed up for a further 2 years. If he doesnt at the half way mark then he has another 11 games to meet the criteria. if he doesnt then we look for a new coach. he isnt sacked that way, just not re signed.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

You didnt read again. Lived. And im not a huge fan of SW yet. lets see what happens next season. There are plenty of people here who arent huge fans of half our list of players. Whats the difference if you arent a huge fan of the coach? One thing i am strong on though is he must coach next year and about midway through the year if he meets the criteria that the set then he should be signed up for a further 2 years. If he doesnt at the half way mark then he has another 11 games to meet the criteria. if he doesnt then we look for a new coach. he isnt sacked that way, just not re signed.
Ok sorry so does that mean you have switched back to being a hetro or did you replace the test cricketer with another man, anyway I digress, it would seem that we are almost on the same page with regards to how the club should treat SW. Even if he doesn't stack up to the clubs measure they shouldn't sack him before his contract is up. Makes no sense at all to do that based on where the list is at and also where the finances are at. One other thing I'd like a club to do in our position is publicise what it is he will be judged on, the Chairman has already stated that the win/loss is not the main indicator for next season so why not get on the front foot and let the public know what is require of him next year and hopefully take all of the oxygen out of any media blood hunt. Then hopefully it provides not only the coach but the club and players the ability to focus on the job at hand and not be distracted by insane hounding from the media.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Ralph on SEN just stated that Watters no certainty to coach in 2014.

Review apparently still on-going....

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Ralph on SEN just stated that Watters no certainty to coach in 2014.

Review apparently still on-going....
Anyone checked on Alan Richardson's availability? :?

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Caro has just written that SW has received at least 2 warnings from the club in the last few weeks. Next step The Pelican will be made to give him the cuts. 6 of the best.

He's a very naughty boy.

8856brother wrote:Caro has just written that SW has received at least 2 warnings from the club in the last few weeks. Next step The Pelican will be made to give him the cuts. 6 of the best.

He's a very naughty boy.
'Twas interesting that Caro reported the "warnings" were for job "parameters".

Given she doesn't mention "performance" as the reason, I wonder what would have happened if she'd used "clarifications" and "as a result of the review".

Maybe Watters needs to trot out "not my job" more often. A lot of people use it as a 1st resort.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Both warnings probably related to tdl.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

SW went through exhaustive scrutiny by a very well regarded panel. I wonder what's gone wrong in such a short time? Understandably, people operate/react differently in real life situations, but what does that say about our choice of SW in the first place? Extend that thought to the eventual next coach !

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Id say that at every club 20% of the players dont like the coach.

No way 100% of players can all like the coach - its not in human nature.

It becomes an issue if either it reaches 50% OR you arent winning.

We arent winning because we have a horrific list with massive gaps/holes in the core 23-28 age group.

So all of a sudden there is more emphasis on the negative comments/aspects about the coach and the 20% of whingeing gets more air and notice.

Given that we wont win many in 2014 - once again the focus will be on the 20% negative.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Now there's one thing I do know. He made an unauthorised appearance in the electronic media.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote: hey did you know I lived with a test cricketer?
Did you have it OFF with his SILLY LEG? :)
well, he stopped trying to bowl maidens over......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Still don't know

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Now there's one thing I do know. He made an unauthorised appearance in the electronic media.
Which the pres said made no difference, because the board meeting started at 8 a.m. and they made the decision in there, on the basis of what they took in there.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

The OtherThommo wrote:
White Winmar wrote:Now there's one thing I do know. He made an unauthorised appearance in the electronic media.
Which the pres said made no difference, because the board meeting started at 8 a.m. and they made the decision in there, on the basis of what they took in there.
... and what they heard in there with the tranny in the middle of the boardroom table.

Always loyal
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

What has he done?.....Nothing......

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

That's what he is likely to be doing in 2014 anyway.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SemperFidelis wrote: ... and what they heard in there with the tranny in the middle of the boardroom table.
Great; another friggin' scandal! Was he/she wearing fishnets?

Ned Stark
Club Player

That press conference left me with zero confidence in the management of this football club.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Ned Stark wrote:That press conference left me with zero confidence in the management of this football club.
You have that much?

A fter what they have doe to us as supporters, I have less than zero

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Ned Stark wrote:That press conference left me with zero confidence in the management of this football club.
You have that much?

A fter what they have doe to us as supporters, I have less than zero
JB will your faith be restored if SW doesn't land a coaching role in the AFL for next season?

If that happens it would vindicate the clubs decision to fire him.

If SW is a control freak like GT was then no one would have him

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Ive been looking for actual footy related examples and fine ally (pun intended) i heard one.

Finey mentioned the ahmed saad selection v brisbane.

Saad was dropped to sandy
Had a positive asada test
Had 7 touches at sandy
Got injured and was put on injury list

Then for some weird power ego reason watters insisted on playing him .
Despite selection committee medicos and ceo not wanting him to play.
Of course he came off injured at half time without touching the ball.

I do remember it was bizarre. Many on here commented at the time.
Saad barely touched the ball all year and scott insisted in picking him and refused/ignored curren until the end.

Im sure there will be other examples of footy related weirdness.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Of course he came off injured at half time without touching the ball.
Agree it was a strange selection as was selecting 4 SMALL FORWARDS against Essendon earlier in the year - that was enough for me…

*A minor detail, Saad kicked 2 goals in Brisbane…