Welcome home Mr R Harvey

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Welcome home Mr R Harvey

Is this purely opinion re OP????

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Just seems an amazing coincidence that of all the candidates out there the best one just happens to be an ex saints player....

Either its an incredible coincidence or an emotional decision.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Please not as senior coach.

If we are still at the 'appoint club champ player who the fans love' stage we truly are a joke.

What if he is the best? Why is everyone tarred with the same brush? Hird and Voss stuffed up so Harvey will to. Just makes no sence to make judgements like that.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

honestly i think to save the membership drive for 2014 Robert Harvey would be the best bet .. coaching wise i dunno ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Moorabbin Man
Club Player

If we are still at the 'appoint club champ player who the fans love' stage we truly are a joke.
Spot on. It's got to be Mark Williams. Don't stuff this up Saints.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:

What if he is the best? Why is everyone tarred with the same brush? Hird and Voss stuffed up so Harvey will to. Just makes no sence to make judgements like that.
Trouble is we're in for a few years of pain not matter who the coach is (as Pelchen has told supporters)

An inexperienced coach is really going to struggle with this type of scenario (eg have we only won 3 games for the year because of where our list is or because the new guy can't coach?)

In this phase we really need an experienced hand; one who won't be intimidated by relentless supporter and media speculation when the undoubted losses come.

Buckets
SS Life Member

Rob Harvey, Mark Harvey, Voss, Williams are those being talked about....God Help us!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:Rob Harvey, Mark Harvey, Voss, Williams are those being talked about....God Help us!
Pfffft. How do you even know Ablett can coach? :roll:
Last edited by Dr Spaceman on Fri 01 Nov 2013 2:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

kp83
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
CURLY wrote:

Trouble is we're in for a few years of pain not matter who the coach is (as Pelchen has told supporters)

An inexperienced coach is really going to struggle with this type of scenario (eg have we only won 3 games for the year because of where our list is or because the new guy can't coach?)

In this phase we really need an experienced hand; one who won't be intimidated by relentless supporter and media speculation when the undoubted losses come.
Agreed.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:

Given that you literally cannot spell 'sense' I hardly think you can be preaching it.

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Maybe we are all scared that he might fail ,I was one of these but now I think the time might be right!

PADDLEPOP1000
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm still in shock from the sacking. I would seriously consider making a big play for Leigh Tudor. But what would I know? As for Rob Harvey? I'm now a little bit suspicious of the "lets-get-a-club-legend-in-as-coach" strategy (?!) sure it will make a lot of folk feel good for a short stage...but as a choice of senior coach? I'm not too sure.
Last edited by thejiggingsaint on Fri 01 Nov 2013 2:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
karnak
Club Player

I'm onboard, club needs a culture overhaul. Time for the Great Man to unite us.

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
Spud02
Club Player

Bring it on, would love to see Banger in the top job. Timing is perfect in my books, we're not expected to challenge for a few years so bring him in to develop the kids and reassess in a couple of years

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
CURLY wrote:

Given that you literally cannot spell 'sense' I hardly think you can be preaching it.

Is that the best you have for all your non sensical ramblings. Each coach should be judged according to each case put up to the board. Your idea that one coach with a certain background is poor than all must be poor is ridiculous. Perhaps no father sons should be taken as Denis Pagens son was no good.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
derby Street
Club Player

A pity the "Doc" has passed away - if we were unable to get Harves we could have dragged the Doc out again and raised our memebership numbers - that's what it's all about with Club champs isn't it ?

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

CURLY wrote:Will be announced shortly.
i would prefer Mark Williams , not sold on Banger as a coach.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
felix
Club Player

The Rolls Royce back in the garage , cool.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Gee that experiment at Essendon REALLY worked well did it not? (bringing in the "favourite son as senior coach)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
slider
Club Player

Dont know how true this is but i just heard Choco to mentor Banger? Too many rumors flying around, we will find out soon enough.

elvis lives
Club Player

the anti-harves sentiment here is way over the top. being a club champ should neither count him out or count him in. Saying he shouldn't coach simply because he is a club champ is obviously rediculous. Roos & Worsfold are recent examples that it can work. But only if they are selected on merit, and in that regard harves is as good a candidate as any others out there at the moment. Has done a very good apprenticeship at several different clubs so the comparisons with Hird (not that he is doing badly), Voss and Watson are way off the mark. If you think we need an experienced senior coach then ok, Harves is not your man and that's fine. But comments like "anyone but Harves" are laughable.

I am marching in the Saints army
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

karnak wrote:I'm onboard, club needs a culture overhaul. Time for the Great Man to unite us.
Wasn't it around that harvey and the players were instrumental in getting Stan the sack?

Harvs will feel right at home. Seems like nothing changes.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

If harvs is the best coach out there, get him. i reckon mark Williams maybe better though.

Schillaci
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:If harvs is the best coach out there, get him. i reckon mark Williams maybe better though.
This is how I feel. If Harvs is the best then he's appointed but not because he is a past great and the timing is okay. I think Choco is the way to go. Would love Harvs back as an assistant though...groomed to take over the reigns as we become a force and win our second flag. :D

markp
Saintsational Legend

Harvs mentored under Choco maybe... too risky outright, how could you ever sack him?